Team-BHP > What Car? > Luxury, Imports & Niche
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 7th February 2010, 13:18   #16
BHPian

IMHO, the Volvo S80 D5 would fit your dad's requirements to the t.
Old 7th February 2010, 13:27   #17
//M
Distinguished - BHPian

I second on that. The Volvo S80 D5 is a perfect machine for the chauffer-driven. Its well-built, has armchair comfortable seats, safe, practical, has a low-image compared to the Mercs, BMWs or Audis, has good ride and being in Mumbai, you will have sound aftersales too. If not the Volvo, then you may try and wait for the new BMW 520d/530d.
Old 7th February 2010, 18:56   #18
Team-BHP Support

Given that some of the criteria are at cross purposes, it would be helpful if you could at least list the criteria in an order of priority.

Notwithstanding that, to me, understated essentially means stay away from Merc / BMW / Audi which are most commonly recognised luxury brands. Anything that is really big (teana for instance) will also automatically indicate expensive. Given the above I think the following options might make sense:

Passat
Superb
Fortuner
Land Rover (entry offerings)
Volvos (Sedan / SUV)
Nissan X Trail

Of these I'm assuming the Fortuner will have the best resale; then Passat / Superb then the others.
Old 7th February 2010, 22:30   #19
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kida View Post
The rear seats of the Jetta and Passat are not comfortable .. We both are nealry 6 feet and well built .. Shoulder to Shoulder distance is a problem ..
Secondly he dislikes the front seat ..
Kida,

While I agree with your observations as far as the Jetta is concerned but the Passat is definitely much more spacious at the back, in fact it is bigger all around being a class above. I hope you have actually had a test ride in the Passat.

Apart from the Passat the other recommendation is the S80 from Volvo.

Another car that I would recommend is the Nissan Teana. It is not a diesel and it is not European. However the build quality, the ride and the absolute comfort are several notches above the Camry and better than the E class IMHO.
Old 7th February 2010, 23:20   #20
BHPian

1. Skoda Superb
2. Volvo S80
3. VW Passat
4. Nissan Teana
Old 8th February 2010, 22:23   #21
BHPian

Volvo S80 I guess, but maybe you could also look at Mitubishi Montero, LC Prado, Nissin Teana...
Old 10th February 2010, 11:47   #22

I am doing about 100 kms daily to and fro .. I am wondering is a diesel Suv a good option for dad ( Hes a backseat driver ) .. Comfort level and Fuel efficiency is a must ..
He likes the Touareg a lot , i prefer Cayenne Diesel or Q7 diesel .. We have a tendency to use cars till 1,00,000 kms .. Which of the top 3 is most comfortable,luxurios, best n affordable after sales n service option ?
Old 10th February 2010, 12:18   #23
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kida View Post
I am doing about 100 kms daily to and fro .. I am wondering is a diesel Suv a good option for dad ( Hes a backseat driver ) .. Comfort level and Fuel efficiency is a must ..
He likes the Touareg a lot , i prefer Cayenne Diesel or Q7 diesel .. We have a tendency to use cars till 1,00,000 kms .. Which of the top 3 is most comfortable,luxurios, best n affordable after sales n service option ?
Of the 3, the Touareg would be cheapest on maintenance.
Old 10th February 2010, 12:30   #24
Senior - BHPian

I would consider the Nissan Teana. A beautiful car for the price and very confortable interiors. A frined of mine in Gurgaon owned one and it feels like a luxury yacht on the inside. With soothing cabin thanks to the colour scheme, Ottoman seats for the passenger, dual sun roof / panoramic sun roof etc
Old 10th February 2010, 14:10   #25

Quote:
Originally Posted by thedreamcatcher View Post
I would consider the Nissan Teana. A beautiful car for the price and very confortable interiors. A frined of mine in Gurgaon owned one and it feels like a luxury yacht on the inside. With soothing cabin thanks to the colour scheme, Ottoman seats for the passenger, dual sun roof / panoramic sun roof etc
Thanx and its cheaper option too , that will allow me to bug my dad for a sportscar or bike for myself !! Am loving it

Any complaints about the servicing of Nissan ?
Old 10th February 2010, 14:23   #26
Distinguished - BHPian

The Superb fits your needs the best, there is no car even in the 50 lack bracket that's as comfortable and roomy, not even the E, 5 or A6. It's rear legroom is comparable to only the S or 7. I'd recommend the 1.8 TSi as it is a lot cheaper than the diesel variant and very fuel efficent too (i get a FE of 8kmpl in the city) The turbo petrol has enough pep to satisfy the racer boy inside you and makes highway driving super fun.
If he must sit in the front then the Teana fully loaded version with the ottoman passenger seat is the way to go.
Old 10th February 2010, 15:14   #27

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sahil View Post
The Superb fits your needs the best, there is no car even in the 50 lack bracket that's as comfortable and roomy, not even the E, 5 or A6. It's rear legroom is comparable to only the S or 7. I'd recommend the 1.8 TSi as it is a lot cheaper than the diesel variant and very fuel efficent too (i get a FE of 8kmpl in the city) The turbo petrol has enough pep to satisfy the racer boy inside you and makes highway driving super fun.
If he must sit in the front then the Teana fully loaded version with the ottoman passenger seat is the way to go.
i love that car too , but i am afraid the after sales would kill me .. as in put spurious parts and all , If that happpens my dad will make their and mine life hell.. What features are there in the ottoman seats ? as in massage n all ?
Old 10th February 2010, 15:38   #28
BHPian

I am amazed that not body has suggested you the new stripped version of BMW 3 series. Am i missing something here.

Dude, there is nothing better then a Beemer which suits you here.
Old 10th February 2010, 15:44   #29
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by SamtheLeo View Post
I am amazed that not body has suggested you the new stripped version of BMW 3 series. Am i missing something here.

Dude, there is nothing better then a Beemer which suits you here.
did you just read the title and reply? why not take time in reading the full post with his requirements. you think the 3 series suits these ?

Cars which are low profile ( Lay man should not know the real cost )
Good suspension
5 seater

also it will be chauffeur driven.
Old 10th February 2010, 16:38   #30
BHPian

Dear Akshay,

I did read the whole thread & only then I knew that no body suggested a Beemer

However if some one can suggest a Merc costing 30 L why not a Beemer which is for 23-24L
I believe Beemer has Good Suspension & it is a 5 seator (if a Honda City can be, no offense to Honda City owners)

Low profile : Yes no body (most of Junta) right now knows a Beemer can be bought in 24 L. Aint it Jokes apart. Dear all in this world are aware that wether you buy a Volvo or Nissan nothing is gonna come on lesser side of 25 L

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks