Team-BHP > What Car? > Luxury, Imports & Niche
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 15th March 2010, 23:35   #1
Senior - BHPian

Toyota Comfort Car

During my recent trip to Hongkong and China I travelled in Toyota Comfort LPG cabs extencively and I liked the vehicle very much. This is a very strong strudy vehicle and I saw that it is abused by these cab owners and inspite of that it runs very smoothly I would like to ask the GURUS is it adviseble to import one of these cabs to India and convert to a private car for personal use in Mumbai , also what about parts of Toyota Comfort are they easily available in India, Pls. suggest me I may go to China in the month of May.What price I must quote to them? If at all everything goes well what parts to be brought along with the car, as all parts are available there dirt cheap.
Old 16th March 2010, 12:37   #2
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Impractical, Iqbal. You will need to pay over a 100% in import duties and remember, only cars costing USD 40,000+ don't require homologation. By the time you get the keys in your hand, this Toyota Comfort would have cost you about 25 - 30 lakh rupees.

Instead, buy an Altis or Camry. I can assure you they can take all the abuse you throw at them. Each has a life of atleast 3,00,000 kms.
GTO is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th November 2011, 21:17   #3
Senior - BHPian

Re: Toyota Comfort Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
Impractical, Iqbal. You will need to pay over a 100% in import duties and remember, only cars costing USD 40,000+ don't require homologation. By the time you get the keys in your hand, this Toyota Comfort would have cost you about 25 - 30 lakh rupees.

Instead, buy an Altis or Camry. I can assure you they can take all the abuse you throw at them. Each has a life of atleast 3,00,000 kms.
Respected sir, as per your advice I have centered upon a GOOD Toyota Camry 2003 model,fully loaded with plenty of goodies,I have not used this car much since its delivery as I am giving away for service,wash,clean,Polishing,Interior cleaning etc etc , to my best DOST Vishwanath who is also a TBPian.
If you have any info regarding its performance pls inform me so that I will have some idea in advance before I actually start using it.
Old 16th November 2011, 21:53   #4
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by IQBAL VEERJI View Post
Respected sir, as per your advice I have centered upon a GOOD Toyota Camry 2003 model,fully loaded with plenty of goodies,I have not used this car much since its delivery as I am giving away for service,wash,clean,Polishing,Interior cleaning etc etc , to my best DOST Vishwanath who is also a TBPian.
If you have any info regarding its performance pls inform me so that I will have some idea in advance before I actually start using it.
Do not buy the Toyota comfort. Customs duties are exhorbitant in india and the process itself is tedious. Secondly, parts are a problem. You would have to import each and every part from hong-kong (pay duties for every import). It will be expensive and also time-consuming. Even if you manage to import one, during service, if a critical part has to be changed, your car will be idle for maybe a month. I really feel its not worth it.

Camry is officially available in india and parts are not at all a problem. any Toyota A.S.S will have the parts for a 2003 camry. With the way you maintain the car (regular service as mentioned) the car will serve you for minimum 10 years starting today. Camry will also add a "charm" factor when you travel by it, more than a Toyota Comfort

Last edited by scopriobharath : 16th November 2011 at 21:56.
Old 18th November 2011, 17:33   #5
ACM
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by scopriobharath View Post
Do not buy the Toyota comfort.
He has already bought a Camry and the comfort in no longer the discussion. That was posted about 1.5 years back.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks