Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 20th March 2010, 23:46   #31
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by thunderV12 View Post
Hi GTO,

I wanted to ask that will i be able to join a super car club with the cayman s.I luv it with the wheels painted black and a big rear wing.
Dont know where to get a second hand ferarri.
Dude are you kidding me? You have a Lamborghini 560-4 and want entry to the SCI in a Cayman S?
There is a 2009 F430 Spyder for sale in Mumbai at the moment that I know of and im not even 'in the circuit' or in the market for such a car. Im sure there must be many and owning a Lambo will only help you in this matter.
Although im a bit surprised now and a few pictures of your 560-4 will help iron out the kinks in my mind. No offence buddy but kindly oblige.
Old 21st March 2010, 00:12   #32
Senior - BHPian

Buddy, you are already a member of the supercar club with your Lambo. So why don't you buy a bit more practical sportscar now. To show off you can use your Lambo. I'd suggest a M3 here and its even more value for money than the 911.
Old 21st March 2010, 07:57   #33
BHPian

Ya,i havelol the lambo to join SCI but still have not joined yet as my parents dont like to show it off.So this car that i will buy should be a coupe and attract attention but not unwanted attention. Whenever we drive our exotics we usually go fro long drives to jaipur or shimla so the car should be pretty comfy and loads of gizmos and yes,also alot of thrust.
Old 21st March 2010, 11:58   #34
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vkochar View Post
The super rich guys who own Lambos and other pointless ( to drive in India ) supercars and sports cars buy one or import one for the sake of it and then realise that they either need a new one or do not. Whatever, it goes on sale or is picked up by someone else at absolutely ridiculous prices.
I dont quite agree with you here. These cars might seem pointless to you but to someone who owns them knows exactly where to drive them and the purpose he has bought it.
These cars are primarily bought as tax exempts so instead of paying the government you buy a car, use it for a couple of months feel happy and then claim your depriciation and then sell it off. The owner has lost only 4 or 5 lakhs in the process.
Now you dont compare an AUDI TT with a Lambo or a Ferrari brother. The Blue Lambo which is a 06/07 model was quoted at 1.4 CR., F430 was quoted at 1.8 cr. From no angle do i see these as ridiculous prices.

Quote:
Hi GTO,

I truly agree with that.The problem with GTR is maintainence and service,but how much would it cost me with the import duties by the way??I wanted to ask that will i be able to join a super car club with the cayman s.I luv it with the wheels painted black and a big rear wing.
Dont know where to get a second hand ferarri.
Maintainance and service of the GTR can be taken care of by your nissan dealer. Ecks would be the best person to give you a detail on how much it should cost you as he was going to bring in one. I believe it should be in the 85 lakhs segment.
Dante had brought in his cayman s for the bombay supercar club, and some of the cars dont even belong in the supercar club so with no doubt a cayman is a member.

www.autox.in would solve some issues. There were three Ferrari's for sale in Delhi and two Lambo's there also was a 997 turbo for sale. Speak to a few dealers and they would be able to help. Vasant Kunj or Vasant Vihar (hope i got the area right) petrol pump alot of imports stand there (cant recollect the guys name). Just a word of coution do not expect any of the above mentioned cars to be in the 70 or 80 lakh budget. Hope this helps.
Old 21st March 2010, 12:23   #35
BHPian

Quote:
Ya,i havelol the lambo to join SCI but still have not joined yet as my parents dont like to show it off.So this car that i will buy should be a coupe and attract attention but not unwanted attention. Whenever we drive our exotics we usually go fro long drives to jaipur or shimla so the car should be pretty comfy and loads of gizmos and yes,also alot of thrust.
Except for the coupe part the car that satisfies all the other criterias perfectly is THE SUPERCHARGED RANGE ROVER SPORT.
And you already have the 560 for the late night run.
Old 21st March 2010, 21:34   #36
Senior - BHPian

If you are looking for a sportscar with gizmos and comfort, then M3 is your car. I don't think you'll be able to find a used Gallardo or F430 for 90 Lakh!
Old 21st March 2010, 21:44   #37
BHPian

Search for a well maintained used Continental GT. Are you looking for more of performance or luxury/comfort?
Old 22nd March 2010, 08:28   #38
Senior - BHPian

Fellas! How goes? So ,I got a message from our fellow member here and I am going to try and address a few things here to the best of my abilities and hope to make some sense out of this situation , because frankly, I don't think our friend here knows what he wants .First I will proceed with answering his queries.

Quote:
So u all guyz mean to say that a base carrera 911 cost about 1cr.thats bloody expensive,i would buy an m6 for that much.I think the m3 costs about 73L(coupe with cbf rrof)..I have messaged ecks but no reply till now.
A base Carrera will cost you anything close to 85-90L with minimal options(no special stitching or other expensive options). An M6 will be north of 1 crore.An M3 with everything on it , including DCT will set you back by about 78-ish Lacs . All these prices are not including registration and insurance of course.

Quote:
Hey,i think thats jeremy clarksons line. Well i am more inclined towards the M DCT for obvious reasons. They are better to drive in city and being almost as fast as manual they are pretty much worth it..
No , DCT's are waaaay faster than a manual shifting transmission.

Now follows his message to me :

"Hi ecks,

sorry for that.So here is what i expect out of my future car.(1)You see,i would not be driving it regularly ,jus abut twice or thrice a month.Whenevr i drive my exotics,these are usually pretty long drives like from gurgaon-jaipur,gurgaon-chandigarh or shimla.So i want the seats to be comfy and obviously electric.The luxury features of the car like the idrive fr bmw should have great acoustics .(2)I want lots of thing to play with,it seems funny ,like adjusting the throttle response,suspension.I want the car that (3)has the fastest acceleration and tight but firm n controlled cornering.(4)It should not attract unwanted attention but atleast i should be able to join a supercar club with it.(5)One major thing also i that when i press the accelerator it should shoot like a rocket with loudest noise pushing you into the seat.(6)I want a car that i can park n public parkings safely without wanting attention of unwanted people.Means it should be carefree ,there should also be easy service,availability of spares and professionalism in the company people whom i deal with.

So from my above requirements tell me about your experience on these 2 cars(m3 n carerra).

(7)it should also be value for money..."

1 - That's a tick for the M3 , because of its GT nature.
2 - M3 again
3 - Fastest acceleration = 911 out of the 911vsM3 , handling = M3 is your safest best unless you are the Stig.

4 - M3 is a relative sleeper when it comes to recognition of sportscars.
5 - Carrera wins that one
6 - M3.
7 - M3.

Oh and , please post pics of your Lamborghini

Last edited by ecksreturns : 22nd March 2010 at 08:38.
Old 22nd March 2010, 08:56   #39
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Ya,i havelol the lambo to join SCI but still have not joined yet as my parents dont like to show it off.

Hi Thunder,

I notice from your profile that you say that you are a president in a NYSE listed firm and yet you seem like quite an obedient kid!
Old 22nd March 2010, 10:48   #40
Senior - BHPian

Lolz. RRSteer I wanted to say the same thing , but I refrained , because its a matter of personal preference.
Old 22nd March 2010, 11:12   #41
BHPian

Quote:
Hey,i think thats jeremy clarksons line. Well i am more inclined towards the M DCT for obvious reasons. They are better to drive in city and being almost as fast as manual they are pretty much worth it..

Yup, clarkson's line, hence the quotation marks, however, it is an adage I subscribe to. I have driven several paddle shift cars (none of the ones you are looking at though) and they are really gimmicky and get annoying.
Before you decide that they are better to drive in the city, think about how much traffic hour driving you will be doing. If you enjoy clubbing, then you will see some traffic outside a club at nights, but apart from that, it won't be too bad (unless this is to be your regular car!). Nissan will import the GT-R and will maintain it for you.
If you like manual transmissions and autos, you might wish to consider two cars. One M-DCT in the 70-80 lac bracket, and one Lancer Evo X MT, which should run less than 30 on road. You could pick up a slightly used super car in that budget without too many difficulties!!
Old 22nd March 2010, 17:52   #42
BHPian

Guys, theres something fishy here. Pictures? Its the only thing that can clear the air.
Lamborghini Pictures i ask once again?
Old 22nd March 2010, 18:22   #43
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by YSooSeriouss View Post
Guys, theres something fishy here. Pictures? Its the only thing that can clear the air.
Lamborghini Pictures i ask once again?
Mr. President .
We all would surely like to see the picture(s) of your 560-4 . Good to know that you also own 2x X5 "V8s" and 4x Audi A6 s .

Last edited by DSC.CUSTOMS : 22nd March 2010 at 18:29.
Old 22nd March 2010, 19:57   #44
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DSC.CUSTOMS View Post
Mr. President .
We all would surely like to see the picture(s) of your 560-4 . Good to know that you also own 2x X5 "V8s" and 4x Audi A6 s .
I am pretty sure those are the serial numbers.
Old 24th March 2010, 18:35   #45
Senior - BHPian

Where has thunderV12 disappeared to?
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks