Team-BHP > What Car? > Luxury, Imports & Niche
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 20th March 2010, 13:34   #16
Senior - BHPian

Thunderv12 firstly congrats on the 560-4.

Now coming to your query if i were you i would go in for a GTR or the M3. you have one car that can command anyones attention so the other car should or would be a soft spoken one. The M3 and the GTR fits that bill easily. I am sure you feel the bumps of the roads in the Lp and would not want to do that in the other car. Both car mentioned are power houses and can be further modified to increase power. The porsche, sl (unless a 63 or 65 AMG) are no fun with their low ground clearences and the lack of the extra seating. Both are great cars but after a LP these are wastes. The C63 is no match for the M3 in terms of handleing, involvement of the driver and the sheer fun element, not to forget the smile the Driver has each time he is in a BMW.
Just my two bits and hope you make the perfect choice. Cheers and safe driveing.
Old 20th March 2010, 14:52   #17
Senior - BHPian

Well to be frank i dont have any experience in driving any high end cars or sports cars. But IMO,M3 makes a lot more sense. As Speedy mentiond ya have 560-4 to blast past almost everything on the road and to get enough and more attention. When ya dont want that kinda attention and still wanna have fun with more practicality- M3 will take care of this need. Ya can easily camouflage youself on the road with M3.
Whatever ya decide,have loads of fun.
Old 20th March 2010, 15:06   #18
BHPian

Please, oh Please, get a manual transmission, it seems such a terrible waste to shell out this kind of money and get a "flappy paddle" gear box !!

Best Drivers car :

German : Porsche 911 Turbo
Japanese: GT-R

Very Frankly, the M's are way over priced in India, I would rather put the money on Porsche 911 or a GT-R
Old 20th March 2010, 15:30   #19
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by imp! View Post
Very Frankly, the M's are way over priced in India, I would rather put the money on Porsche 911 or a GT-R
If you feel that way then go for the GTR. Nothing like it. The only issue is that you might have to import it directly yourself.
Old 20th March 2010, 15:42   #20
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yusha View Post
If you feel that way then go for the GTR. Nothing like it. The only issue is that you might have to import it directly yourself.
rotflmho I wish !!! I don't have the money for a car like this. But the OP does, lets see what he feels :-)

AFAIK, Nissan will import the GT-R for you.
Old 20th March 2010, 15:59   #21
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Top three choices for less than a crore:

- Nissan GT-R

- Porsche Cayman S (BRILLIANT to drive)

- A "pre-worshipped" Ferrari. Open up your mind to going used, you'll end up happier. Guaranteed
Old 20th March 2010, 16:29   #22
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO
- A "pre-worshipped" Ferrari. Open up your mind to going used, you'll end up happier. Guaranteed
What are the chances of finding a pre-worshipped Ferrari in India?
Or a Lamborghini or any supercar for that matter?
Aren't they ripped and belted and have their bellies scraped through speedbreakers, bad roads and potholes?
Old 20th March 2010, 17:09   #23
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nitrous View Post
Aren't they ripped and belted and have their bellies scraped through speedbreakers, bad roads and potholes?
Chances are good. Believe me. There are atleast 5-6 lambos and ferraris included for sale at anytime. Most of them barely a year or two old and they lie between 3000-7000 kms. But, they barely get sold cause the people with that much money wouldn't be caught dead in a 2nd hand car.

Id suggest thunderv12 to go for a 2nd hand porsche turbo that can be bought in the 90 lakhs vicinity thats your open to 2nd hand otherwise a new carrera. M3s are too undercover. Will not get any attention which im sure he loves hence the 560-4.
Old 20th March 2010, 18:45   #24
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by nitrous View Post
Very good. Super-rich dudes like to change cars often too.

The only difference is, used supercars rarely make their way to classifieds (web or paper), showrooms or parking lots. They change hands via word of mouth, networking at the club or large imported car dealers (like say, the tainted Choksi). You need to be "in the circuit" to know of good cars on sale.
Old 20th March 2010, 18:51   #25
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
Very good. Super-rich dudes like to change cars often too.

The only difference is, used supercars rarely make their way to classifieds (web or paper), showrooms or parking lots. They change hands via word of mouth, networking at the club or large imported car dealers (like say, the tainted Choksi). You need to be "in the circuit" to know of good cars on sale.

I agree with GTO.

The super rich guys who own Lambos and other pointless ( to drive in India ) supercars and sports cars buy one or import one for the sake of it and then realise that they either need a new one or do not. Whatever, it goes on sale or is picked up by someone else at absolutely ridiculous prices.

I knew of a certain chap in GK Delhi who sold his spanking new Audi TT - 6 months old ( the old 2004 version ) for a meager 25 lacs !! I think it cost him twice the amount originally !!
Old 20th March 2010, 19:24   #26
Senior - BHPian

Well I haven't driven any sports car till date, but if i were to give an opinion after reading reviews in several magazines, it would be a BMW M3. Since you already own a Gallardo LP560, I reckon you must be looking for something which is more practical and yet equally fun to drive. In case you feel 414hhp is not enough , the M3 can also be tuned and modified to large horsepowers w/o losing it's practicality (read Ecks' M3)

P.S: It'd be great if you start a thread on your exotic garage and show us some pictures too
Old 20th March 2010, 20:45   #27
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by imp! View Post
Please, oh Please, get a manual transmission, it seems such a terrible waste to shell out this kind of money and get a "flappy paddle" gear box !!

Best Drivers car :

German : Porsche 911 Turbo
Japanese: GT-R

Hey,i think thats jeremy clarksons line. Well i am more inclined towards the M DCT for obvious reasons. They are better to drive in city and being almost as fast as manual they are pretty much worth it..
Old 20th March 2010, 20:49   #28
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
Top three choices for less than a crore:

- Nissan GT-R

- Porsche Cayman S (BRILLIANT to drive)

Hi GTO,

I truly agree with that.The problem with GTR is maintainence and service,but how much would it cost me with the import duties by the way??I wanted to ask that will i be able to join a super car club with the cayman s.I luv it with the wheels painted black and a big rear wing.
Dont know where to get a second hand ferarri.
Old 20th March 2010, 21:53   #29
Distinguished - BHPian

Congrats on the Lambo.

This is a no brainer boss. It has to be a BMW M3. Or even a M5.

Cheers!
Old 20th March 2010, 23:04   #30
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by thunderV12 View Post
Hi GTO,

will i be able to join a super car club with the cayman s.
Oh come on dude, you have LP560-4 for being able to join Super Car Club. I personally think you should sit calmly and pen down what exactly do you want from your new car?

1. Sadan or Coupe?
2. Snob Value?
3. Practicality?
And things like that...

It will help you to decide easily.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks