Team-BHP > What Car? > Luxury, Imports & Niche
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 5th July 2010, 01:13   #1
BHPian

Advice regarding Bentley Continental Flying Spur GT

Friends,

I would be importing my dad's 2008 Bentley Continental Flying Spur GT edition shortly.

A few tips required on the same:

How is the performance of the Bentley continental against an azure?

any other cars in the grand tourer segment which can be compared?

how about the maintainence as i intend keeping it for my personal use?

your personal suggestions would be most welcome.

Varun
Old 5th July 2010, 09:51   #2
Team-BHP Support

Re: Performance - you need to check a few road test reports to come to a conclusion. If I recall , the Conty's are fast.

Grand tourers - merc CL, Porsche Panamera, Maserati's, Ferrari 599's

Maintanance - support available in Delhi and Mumbai - but I cannot comment on quality of service. The same dealer imports Lamborghini's and there have been rumblings on the support of these cars.

Beflore you bring the car in, please do the math - the import duty on a depreciated conty is 150%. A new conty attracts a little over 100% duty. Again, you will lose big money on selling the conty in the UK.
Old 5th July 2010, 10:31   #3
BHPian

Import

With regards to the import,

I am getting it in a special channel through which i would be avoiding the tax legally, for which there is a government provision for the same. Hence, i dont think i would have an issue with the duties and stuff. Main issue am considering is the service aspect down south in Chennai and Blore.
Old 5th July 2010, 11:00   #4
Senior - BHPian

Are you talking of the GT (coupe) or the Flying Spur (sedan) ? Either ways, there are many of them around. You might want to get in touch with ecksreturns to get some feedback on what Bentley service is like atleast in Delhi. Where will the car be located ?
Old 5th July 2010, 12:39   #5
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by varunrdas View Post
With regards to the import,

I am getting it in a special channel through which i would be avoiding the tax legally, for which there is a government provision for the same. Hence, i dont think i would have an issue with the duties and stuff.
Could you elaborate on this please.

Quote:
Originally Posted by flyingspur View Post
Are you talking of the GT (coupe) or the Flying Spur (sedan) ? Either ways, there are many of them around. You might want to get in touch with ecksreturns to get some feedback on what Bentley service is like atleast in Delhi. Where will the car be located ?
I dont think ecks can help here as the car will be in the south (chennai).
And ecks if you are reading this team-bhp misses you.
Old 5th July 2010, 13:19   #6
Team-BHP Support

The only special channels are:

Honary consul general or part of an export house bringing forex or hotel. In the case of the latter, the DRI atch that closely
Old 5th July 2010, 18:09   #7
BHPian

The import

It would be made through my organization which is a leading one in the south, we have some quotas through which we would be able to import items for a certain value in a fiscal year as we are exporting currently.

With regards to the service, the vehicle would be based in chennai.

The model is a Continental Flying Spur ... 08 model.. not a GT edition, desolee..
Old 11th July 2010, 18:19   #8
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by varunrdas View Post
It would be made through my organization which is a leading one in the south, we have some quotas through which we would be able to import items for a certain value in a fiscal year as we are exporting currently.

With regards to the service, the vehicle would be based in chennai.

The model is a Continental Flying Spur ... 08 model.. not a GT edition, desolee..

If that policy is effective then you are one lucky guy.As far as the service is concerned ,you should be getting it in Bangalore or pune/mumbai.I dont think you have any service in chennai.

You should probably check with the existing owners.Guess the SSI computer education(now Kalpathi investments) CEO has one. He also owns a RR Phantom,BWM 7s, Mecr S class.....Poor Guy
Old 11th July 2010, 19:50   #9
Team-BHP Support

You are probably talking about the EPCG scheme, your car will be on yellow plates.
Old 12th July 2010, 21:49   #10
BHPian

@akshay, spot on mate. EPCG scheme is very much right. so, am thinking of getting it shortly. also, what do you guys recommend about the RR Ghost? i have been checking about it in delhi with the concerned lads. seems like the old life long service has gone and its a 4yr warranty and replacement only! views pls
Old 13th July 2010, 01:20   #11
Senior - BHPian

If you are bringing the car under EPCG, then your car must be regd under your company's name and must sport a taxi regn! And you are not supposed to use that car for your personel runs (leagally).
Can you import a used car under the EPCG scheme? I think an used car can be brought down under TR only.
Old 13th July 2010, 22:30   #12
BHPian

@anand

Bringing an exotic used car would not be a problem, though there are several regulations placed on it. The car should be licensed under the company's name as you said and has to serve under it for a period of 5-8 years inside which i would not be able to sell it to anyone.

Some of the benefits which i associate this purchase with my company would be it is an asset towards the company which would be used and hence, the depreciation of it can be shown. This in due course would come down to zero value and then the car is free of such a math. Hence, it becomes viable for both my company and myself in getting this car, as it is sustainable in the long run.

With regards to Transfer of Residence, being an NRI myself, some of the constraints are that, the vehicle which i intend to bring should have been under my name for a number of years only after which i can do it (be it short term 12-24 months to even 5 years). I cannot just buy a car there in my name and send it across the next week which would not make any sense.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks