Team-BHP > What Car? > Luxury, Imports & Niche

Search this Thread
Old 15th August 2010, 16:52   #46
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by akshay1234 View Post
It is a 2.8fsi.

BTW how is the car in terms of acceleration?

Shouldnt be bad atall. Have been driven around in the 2.8 petrol A6. Was quick enough off the block. The site claims a time of 7.3 with 95 RON so i reckon it should be close to 8 secs to 100 ? perhaps even 7.8/7.9s
Old 16th August 2010, 01:20   #47
ppr
BHPian

Pretty good acceleration with a very smooth engine. I touched 150 kph on the EE Highway without a sweat. I am used to the torque of diesels with my last 3 cars having been a diesel Lancer, Elantra 2.0 CRDI and Superb 2.5TDI in that order. I always felt the new diesels were more fun to drive being torque-y, but this car is a hoot. The auto gear changes are very smooth unlike the old Superb.

The Bose sound system is superb. In fact, I owe an apology to Amar Bose and his marketing gang. Whatever their faults in their home systems (and those are too many to detail) their car systems sound great (esp as you cannot do an A-B comparison). The system in the A6 (with the WCI package) rocks.

The A/C is great and so is the Adaptive suspension. I find the side view mirrors a bit on the smaller side.
Old 14th November 2011, 12:46   #48
BHPian

Used Audi A6

Hello All,

As most of you would have known I lost out on a great deal in purchasing a Prado. Anyway a new deal has turned up! However its a sedan, which My Brother In Law wants to buy. Its a 2007 Audi A6, low mileage car V6 3.0 Petrol. Will be seeing the car this evening. Dont know to much about the A6, will try to do some research before we go today.

Anyone out there have any opinions or views to share? Would appreciate it.
ab500 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th November 2011, 21:22   #49
Team-BHP Support

Re: Used Audi A6

Quote:
Originally Posted by ab500 View Post
Hello All,

As most of you would have known I lost out on a great deal in purchasing a Prado. Anyway a new deal has turned up! However its a sedan, which My Brother In Law wants to buy. Its a 2007 Audi A6, low mileage car V6 3.0 Petrol. Will be seeing the car this evening. Dont know to much about the A6, will try to do some research before we go today.

It would have been one of the first few cars imported/assembled since the 3.0 was replaced with the 3.2 soon after. I would avoid it especially since the first few cars were a bit buggy. A friends gave him some ignition coil trouble in the first 2 months, and various other little things. Had it been a bit newer it would have been better.
Old 21st November 2011, 12:18   #50
ppr
BHPian

Re: Used Audi A6

Quote:
Originally Posted by ab500 View Post
Hello All,

I bought a Jan 2008 A6 2.8 Petrol. I bought it in Aug 2010 and it has been 15 months now. I have not regretted this purchase a single second. I have done 16,000 kms without any problems. This car was also manufactured in 2007 and seems to have no problems. My car was, in fact, one of the first cars imported when they started up here. The other real advantage of buying an Audi in Mumbai is their superb service center. I would ask them to check up the car before you buy.

Most Viewed