Team-BHP > What Car? > Luxury, Imports & Niche
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 28th July 2010, 10:20   #31
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ppr View Post
I am almost confirmed with the A6.

My brother has been looking at a preowned 2007 C220 CDI. How is this model for reliability and maintenance costs? Is the A4 2.0 TDI a better car? (It seems to be slightly larger but more expensive than the C)

ppr

The A4 is a great car BUT ( specifically in the 2.0 TDI's case) its underpowered. Of course this is coming from a guy who has been spoilt to the hilt by the 3.0 TDI's power so in the real world it might be good enough.

Now that you have more or less confirmed on the A6 ,let me tell you, A.S.S shouldnt be THAT big an issue with the Audi. Of course comparing it to Merc is outrageous as they have a much larger and well established network whereas Audi, just about recovering from the Shreyans fiasco has managed to open up Audi Mumbai West. Until another dealer opens up, West is the sole Audi dealer in Mumbai.
I own an Audi and i have been to Audi Mumbai West on a couple of occassions with a few doubts and they were attended to promptly. Ofcourse this has only been my personal experience & i can only speak for myself. On the whole i dont know how the picture is , with Audi. But i believe it shouldnt be as big a nightmare as many are putting it out to be. You SHOULD be having a fairly troublefree ownership with the Audi. Its a new car, loaded and not driven much, so be happy and dont worry much. Any niggles and take it to the Kalina workshop and more often than not you would be driving out all smiles . Enjoy the car
Old 31st July 2010, 22:41   #32
ppr
BHPian

Thanks everyone

Got the A6 home today. It is some car. Huge interiors (not as much as my Superb, but pretty big enough), a very smooth drive, excellent suspension (the adaptive suspension is excellent over bad roads) and a lot of gadgets to play with.

I did go to Audi Mumbai West and found them quite responsive as well. Keeping my fingers crossed hoping I don't have to see them too often

ppr
Old 1st August 2010, 02:23   #33
Senior - BHPian

Congrats on the A6 dude. Can we have some more details of the car and some good pics too. What was the final deal?
Old 2nd August 2010, 19:33   #34
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Thanks everyone

I did go to Audi Mumbai West and found them quite responsive as well. Keeping my fingers crossed hoping I don't have to see them too often

ppr

Sure, no one wants to keep going to the service centre time & again but even if because of some unfortunate incidents you do need to visit them, be rest assured that they would be prompt in responding. Since April 10' (when the car arrived) i have been to Audi Mumbai West thrice with various issues ( all minor except the latest accident that took place last saturday) & they have been extremely prompt in responding and very helpful indeed. So its not a major worry.
Old 3rd August 2010, 19:51   #35
ppr
BHPian

Finally got the A6!

Finally picked up the A6 over the weekend. It is a fantastic car and feels like new.
The Autohangar folks were exceptional to deal with and I got a real bargain.

A few thoughts after driving the car around for a couple of days (bad roads and all):
This car (and the E and 5 series, I am sure) is at a different level from most other cars I have owned / driven. We used to have a Mercedes 300D for a long time and that car was similar. You are isolated from the surroundings and the suspension and comfort levels are far superior to a car like the Superb.

We have a Superb and the major tussle in my mind was whether to buy a new Superb or a preowned A6 / E / 5 series. That debate has been put to rest in my mind. These cars are a different level and worth buying even preowned as against a new car which costs the same but is not as refined.

The flexible suspension is great to use with the current road conditions and the ground clearance of the car is excellent. The engine is very smooth and although it lacks the low end grunt of my diesel Superb, is no slouch. Now I feel like driving all the time. Wonder how long that will last?

I am strongly recommending to my brother that he go in for one of this category rather than a 3/C/A4. How is the old model 530i? Is that a better buy than the current 525D?

Thanks again everyone for the help and prompt responses

ppr
Old 3rd August 2010, 21:41   #36
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Finally picked up the A6 over the weekend. It is a fantastic car and feels like new.

A few thoughts after driving the car around for a couple of days (bad roads and all):
This car (and the E and 5 series, I am sure) is at a different level from most other cars I have owned / driven. We used to have a Mercedes 300D for a long time and that car was similar. You are isolated from the surroundings and the suspension and comfort levels are far superior to a car like the Superb.

We have a Superb and the major tussle in my mind was whether to buy a new Superb or a preowned A6 / E / 5 series. That debate has been put to rest in my mind. These cars are a different level and worth buying even preowned as against a new car which costs the same but is not as refined.

The flexible suspension is great to use with the current road conditions and the ground clearance of the car is excellent. The engine is very smooth and although it lacks the low end grunt of my diesel Superb, is no slouch. Now I feel like driving all the time. Wonder how long that will last?

I am strongly recommending to my brother that he go in for one of this category rather than a 3/C/A4. How is the old model 530i? Is that a better buy than the current 525D?

Thanks again everyone for the help and prompt responses

ppr

Firstly, heartiest congrats on the buy ! you are to have 1 hell of a roller coaster ride ! enjoy it to the fullest.
You stated you feel like driving all the time & wondering how long will the feeling last. Well to give you an example, my 3.0 tdi arrived in late april and i still take her out on longish drives almost every 2nd night ! so imagine. lol
Between the e60 530i and f10 525d , the new 525d is a much more practical buy IMO. Biggest advantage being, its a NEW CAR having launched a couple of months back. In comparison the e60 has been around forever now. the f10 would have a lot more features, marginally more space ( rear) , ride quality that is supposed to be ample times better and to top it all, an excellent in-line 6 diesel engine with oodles of torque. I am speculating to a certain extent here but i would imagine the 525d would be as fast as the last gen 530i. Then again, diesel running costs means , longer intervals between refueling and of course, much lighter on the pocket.
IMO u have no reason to even THINK about suggesting the 530i to your brother. Lastly, if you want to extract 100 % performance out of the petrol engine you would have to run around and find pumps giving 97 oct fuel. Does he want to go through all the trouble.
( speaking of the c/3/4 category , the a4 3.2 fsi and 330i both are extremely good cars with great engines. YES , low on the practicality factor but nice cars to rev nonetheless )

Last edited by PlatzdaTurbo : 3rd August 2010 at 21:44.
Old 3rd August 2010, 23:44   #37
ppr
BHPian

Thanks for your views Platzda

I was asking because of the huge discounts on the E60 which are available. The fully loaded 530i costs about the same as the base model 525d. The deal seemed attractive.

ppr
Old 4th August 2010, 21:26   #38
Senior - BHPian

Congrats on the A6 !! Pictures and a report, please.

Quote:
I was asking because of the huge discounts on the E60 which are available. The fully loaded 530i costs about the same as the base model 525d. The deal seemed attractive.
NO CHANCE. Go for the 525d, don't even think twice. It will be much cheaper to run due to diesel economy and far better FE. Also, I'd risk saying more fun to drive if one enjoys the torque kick more than smooth linear power delivery and high-revving (I'm a convert). And most importantly, at the time of resale I'm damn sure the F10 525d will fetch much more than the E60 530i.

Also, I suspect all the E60 stock available currently will be '09 stock.
Old 13th August 2010, 19:02   #39
ppr
BHPian

Actually checked out the F10 5 series and the E60 5 series. The leg room is definitely more in the E60. This is including the front and back seats in the assessment. The 530i is poor value, even with the large discount, The 525D is much better value, but a fair bit more than my brother wants to spend.

So back to looking at various used cars. Is it worth buying the pre facelift E Class? The 200K seems to be available a lot at reasonable prices. I prefer the better values of petrol cars when buying used. Used diesels are overvalued in India.

ppr
Old 13th August 2010, 19:23   #40
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Is it worth buying the pre facelift E Class? The 200K seems to be available a lot at reasonable prices.
It might be, but performance will be pedestrian. I remember GTO's C220 CDI vs E200K drive being posted somewhere loooong back.
Old 13th August 2010, 19:30   #41
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by flyingspur View Post
It might be, but performance will be pedestrian. I remember GTO's C220 CDI vs E200K drive being posted somewhere loooong back.
+1 The 1.8l Supercharged engine hardly moves the c200k so the e200k isnt gonna be anything good.
Old 13th August 2010, 21:41   #42
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Congrats PBr. I love the interiors of the Audi. What color and we need pics pls?

PS: This one is FWD or quattro ??
Old 15th August 2010, 02:28   #43
ppr
BHPian

Silver with light gray interiors. Good interiors. More legroom than the E or the 5 series. FWD.
I don't like the Silver color but the deal was too good.

ppr
Old 15th August 2010, 09:49   #44
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Silver with light gray interiors. Good interiors. More legroom than the E or the 5 series. FWD.
I don't like the Silver color but the deal was too good.

ppr

Sorry if u have mentioned before ( was too lazy to go through the entire thread again ) but your A6 is a 2.7 TDI ? as far as i know the 3.0 tdi and 3.0T are not fwd .
Old 15th August 2010, 12:05   #45
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by PlatzdaTurbo View Post
Sorry if u have mentioned before ( was too lazy to go through the entire thread again ) but your A6 is a 2.7 TDI ? as far as i know the 3.0 tdi and 3.0T are not fwd .
It is a 2.8fsi.

BTW how is the car in terms of acceleration?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks