Team-BHP > What Car? > Luxury, Imports & Niche
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 23rd July 2010, 16:22   #16
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abhi_Automobile View Post
Hey Siddy!

Wouldn't a Hyundai at this price feel like too much of an also ran! I mean there is a lot of value for money to be had but the quality in anything is not great.

There is nothing in the car (maybe other than than the better than average engine) that will make you sit out and say, WOW!
But the original poster prefers to keep low key. So I guess the Sonata fits in perfectly. Offers everything minus the snob value.
Old 23rd July 2010, 16:23   #17
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jatinahuja View Post
.... I'm looking for a extremely comfortable chauffeur driven car.... I also want it to be a A/T ...
Any reason why you want to 'treat' your chauffeur to an automatic?

Sonata Transform is definitely the most VFM. But I suppose will be on its way out in 1-1.5 years replaced by the new model.

My personal favourite is the Camry, though Superb has the best reviews overall.
Old 23rd July 2010, 20:09   #18

wow this is awesome! thank you guys, your responses are great!!

From what i've read so far, it seems like the superb, the passat and the teana are worth a test drive. The only problem I see with the superb per se, is that when I sat in the older model, the back seats were not as plush/ cushiony and the incline was a bit upright, so it made you feel less comfortable. What do you guys think?

Also, i'm going to be doing about a 100 kms a day with about 20 kms in the city and then I hit the highway for another 30, so it'll be going through both phases of city driving and highway driving each day.

I heard that Arshia Motors is pretty good in terms of sales and service, I haven't done much research about it, does VW have their own dealers/ service centers?

What about the Volvo S80 D5? Is that way out of my budget, I haven't called them to check on pricing yet, it was just a thought.

Oh, and about SUV's, I own a Pajero, and a I've come to the conclusion that an SUV is not for me, after being driven in that car for so long, I've realized that
a. the brakes on the car suck really bad
b. the leather/ leatherette is of poor quality, so when the driver brakes, you tend to slip forward
c. the seat belts at the middle row are poorly placed, and you always feel like they are cutting into you.
d. And ofcourse there is body roll.

Hence the inclination to shift towards a sedan, and that too a luxurious one.

What do you guys think?
Old 24th July 2010, 11:19   #19
BHPian

We can only suggest as per our likes and dislikes. YOU need to go to the nearby showrooms, sit in the car and see which one you find best.
You're going to be spending atleast an hour in the car everyday, so go with what makes you feel more comfortable.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks