Team-BHP > What Car? > Luxury, Imports & Niche

Search this Thread
Old 4th August 2010, 23:07   #16
Distinguished - BHPian

^^ If you love to drive nothing you have listed is even close to the BMW 320d CE. What extra equipment did you find in Camry that you miss in Accord and 320d?

320d CE comes with all the Airbags, ABS, ESP, TCS and very potent diesel engine mated to a good AT box along with brilliantly sorted chassis, perfectly calibrated steering and amazing handling, what else can a petrol head ask for?
Old 5th August 2010, 12:15   #17
Senior - BHPian

Here is the deal. We have the camry and the old superb. Comfort wise the super was mind boggling on occasions it would run without any trouble. On other days it would just sit at the work shop waiting for some part or the other. The camry is not and i repeat not a very comfotable car to sit in.I am talking about the rear seats. We have travelled extensively in it over long distances and dint find it very comfortable. The new superb is a loaded car and very very comfortable.But again i would stay away from it. I dont care about the skoda 4 year whatever . They still dont care about their customers. The passat is good. But its due for replacement. It all depends upon which seat you gonna be sitting in.For pure driving pleasure i gues its the 3 series. For everything else just pick any car in the category. They all will give you comparable levels of comfort and gadgets.My pick. The passat.
Old 5th August 2010, 12:52   #18
BHPian

Well i have dropped the Passat and Camry from my list.Passat will be getting a facelift soon and then the value of my car will be hit badly.Camry is overpriced and not getting any good offer from dealer.Now i am left with Superb and the BMW.I am not aware of the service cost of the BMW.If you guys are aware of it then please let me know.When i asked the dealer he told me the car needs to be serviced every 15000 km and there is no time period for it.One service will cost me around 15 to 18 thousand.
I am not aware of the BMW service select packages,can anyone tell me what is it and how does it benefit.

Thanks
Old 5th August 2010, 13:04   #19
Distinguished - BHPian

^^
Self driven + Dynamics + Prestige value = 320d.
Chauffeur driven + Space + Gadgets = Superb.
Old 5th August 2010, 13:12   #20
MCR
BHPian

Just go with Superb. Its one fantastic car.
Refer to Sam's thread on Skoda superb. I am sure it will help you.

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-d...da-superb.html
Old 5th August 2010, 14:55   #21
BHPian

I have a superb, and it's a fantastic car. If you do get one, MAKE SURE you get the automatic. That 7-speed DSG is mind-blowing.
Old 5th August 2010, 15:17   #22
BHPian

I'm driving the 3.6 FSI; its a fantastic car.

Buy the Superb; its much more VFM than the Passat. Besides, the DSG is simply brilliant and you only have a MT on the Passat now.
Old 5th August 2010, 15:28   #23
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rahul016 View Post
Now i am left with Superb and the BMW
The BMW is a driver's car. If you are going to do most of the driving yourself, and wouldn't mind paying a fair bit more for the BMW badge, then this is your car. However, keep in mind that the Skoda is a much more comfortable car in case you are chauffeur driven. You've already done your research, so won't harp on the fact that it is very well equipped. You didn't like its AC, which is strange. We have a Superb in the family, and I've always found the AC more than adequate. And the rear vents in the B-pillar is a nice touch - the usual vents between the front seats tend to freeze one's family jewels!

I somehow didn't like the 320D CE... lots of features missing, including some basic things like an central armrest in the back! If I'm buying a BMW, I don't want it to be bare-boned. But, that's just me.
Old 5th August 2010, 15:45   #24
Distinguished - BHPian

Are you particular about a new car? Having bought only new cars so far, I have decided to buy a used car next time.

Sample:
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/luxury...ml#post1989825
Quote:
E 2006 37K kms 24L; A6 2008 17K kms 23L
Old 5th August 2010, 19:29   #25
BHPian

Guys thanks for your responses.BMW is a good driver's car but the 320CE is way less equipped.At least they could have provided a little bit more equipment on the car.Snob value is not everything for me.I want my car to be well equipped and if a third person sits in my car i can surprise him with its features.This thing is lacking in the BMW and Superb,Passat scores high on this front.

My parents don't prefer a used car so that option is ruled out.Now its between passat and superb mainly.
Old 6th August 2010, 20:59   #26
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rahul016 View Post
Guys thanks for your responses.BMW is a good driver's car but the 320CE is way less equipped.At least they could have provided a little bit more equipment on the car.Snob value is not everything for me.I want my car to be well equipped and if a third person sits in my car i can surprise him with its features.This thing is lacking in the BMW and Superb,Passat scores high on this front.

My parents don't prefer a used car so that option is ruled out.Now its between passat and superb mainly.

Ok i know for sure that the iDrive is not included in the CE version of the Beemer. But then passat & superb anyways do not have any such concept of a multimedia system in their cars do they ? ( i am not aware if they do) not been in either of the cars
So apart the iDrive and maybe the electric seats, what other features do the superb/passat have that the 320D CE dosnt ?
Old 6th August 2010, 23:18   #27
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by PlatzdaTurbo View Post
Ok i know for sure that the iDrive is not included in the CE version of the Beemer. But then passat & superb anyways do not have any such concept of a multimedia system in their cars do they ? ( i am not aware if they do) not been in either of the cars
So apart the iDrive and maybe the electric seats, what other features do the superb/passat have that the 320D CE dosnt ?
Talking about the Superb here though the Passat does have most of these.

- Nappa leather upholstery The BMW has one grade inferior leather.
- Bi-Xenon headlamps (cornering lamps with auto levelling) The BMW has normal halogens
- 10 speaker soundsystem with a touchscreen and 6cd changer. The BMW has 8 speakers and a single cd slot.
- Fully powered seats with memory for driver The BMW has partially powered seats.
- Rear AC vents
- Paddle shifts (on the a/t version)
Old 7th August 2010, 07:49   #28
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by akshay1234 View Post
Talking about the Superb here though the Passat does have most of these.

- Nappa leather upholstery The BMW has one grade inferior leather.
- Bi-Xenon headlamps (cornering lamps with auto levelling) The BMW has normal halogens
- 10 speaker soundsystem with a touchscreen and 6cd changer. The BMW has 8 speakers and a single cd slot.
- Fully powered seats with memory for driver The BMW has partially powered seats.
- Rear AC vents
- Paddle shifts (on the a/t version)
There are a few more:
- Rear seat armrest
- Blinds for rear windows
- Security alarm with motion sensor
- Sun roof
- Twin mode opening boot for Superb
- Graphical Park distance control - both front and rear
- Lights package

May be I'm still missing on few things as compared to CE.
Old 7th August 2010, 11:26   #29
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by entropy View Post
There are a few more:
- Rear seat armrest
- Blinds for rear windows
- Security alarm with motion sensor
- Sun roof
- Twin mode opening boot for Superb
- Graphical Park distance control - both front and rear
- Lights package

May be I'm still missing on few things as compared to CE.

Ok i knew that the superb has parking sensors all round obviously but "graphical" ?????? Now i surely did not know nor was expecting that in the superb. I thought they were strictly audio based.Passat has graphical too ?
Old 7th August 2010, 13:21   #30
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by PlatzdaTurbo View Post
Ok i knew that the superb has parking sensors all round obviously but "graphical" ?????? Now i surely did not know nor was expecting that in the superb. I thought they were strictly audio based.Passat has graphical too ?
Skoda and Passat have way more features than the Bmw CE.Its really difficult for me to choose between them as both(Superb & Passat) are evenly matched cars.My mind ask me to go for the Superb but my heart say go for Passat.
Guys what do you think that the New Passat will be priced higher or it will be in the same price band as it is currently?

Last edited by rahul016 : 7th August 2010 at 13:28.

Most Viewed