Team-BHP > What Car? > Luxury, Imports & Niche
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 22nd August 2010, 11:32   #76
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by BAGAVADY View Post
Eclipse,
I bought the superb TDI yesterday at Gurudev motors and I am very happy about it.Regarding the blue tooth,It is not installed in it however they have the provision.Where did u do the GPS set up in chennai.What about the warranty when we mess up outside
Hi, I got the blue-tooth and GPS installed by Bala @ Tecknokrat.

:: Welcome to TECNOKRAT ::

Don't worry about the warranty, Gurudev motors themselves send a few cars to him, for B.T. addition. Also, Audi Chennai uses Bala for adding GPS Navigation in their vehicles. It does not affect warranty in any way.
Old 22nd August 2010, 17:28   #77

Quote:
Originally Posted by ecclipse78 View Post
Hi, I got the blue-tooth and GPS installed by Bala @ Tecknokrat.

:: Welcome to TECNOKRAT ::

Don't worry about the warranty, Gurudev motors themselves send a few cars to him, for B.T. addition. Also, Audi Chennai uses Bala for adding GPS Navigation in their vehicles. It does not affect warranty in any way.
Thanks Eclipse for the information.Does the steering control for the blue tooth work if we retrofit the kit?How much does it cost for it at technocraft.
Can we fit a DVD system in this bolero head unit itself at technocraft?The orignial columbus kit in UK cost 1500 sterling
Skoda UK Skoda 'Columbus' Sat Nav System - AAN800001
Old 23rd August 2010, 12:12   #78
ppr
BHPian

Hi

I just bought a pre-owned Audi A6. It has the MMI with screen but no GPS and no Bluetooth. It has a system for a phone. But no phone. How do I get to install the GPS integrated with the MMI system? (So that I can use it with the same dial) How does one obtain a phone for the car (if available in India)? Can I install a bluetooth integrated with the car system?

ppr
Old 30th August 2010, 00:39   #79
BHPian

Hey guys need your help again.Can you please tell me whats with "Riding the clutch" in Skoda Superb M/T.What are the changes one has make in his driving techniques to overcome this problem.I know its not a problem in A/T but i am more keen in buying the M/T.

Thanks
Old 30th August 2010, 01:05   #80
Distinguished - BHPian

^^ Skoda and VW MT cars especially TSi have an agressive clutch, so they are very easy to stall, this phenomenon gets very annoying in stop-go traffic. This is the only downside of Laura TSi i can think of(I haven't driven the Superb MT yet).
Old 30th August 2010, 02:59   #81
Senior - BHPian

Why do you want to drive to college in a Superb? Buy a car that personifies youth something like a Beemer 3 series(would have suggested a Z4 but for the budget) or an Audi A4 with a 3.0 liter engine(the experts can give you the specifics). Get the Superb or equivalent when you begin your working life and need to spend time doing stuff other than driving.

Better yet, get a 4x4 like an Outlander or the Nissan X trail and you could spend your college vacations exploring the Shivaliks and the other equally enticing terrains. More room to carry your gear and friends. Well whatever you buy do wear your seat belts and drive responsibly.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rahul016 View Post
Thanks guys for your responses.Well i think i will be going in for Superb I.8 TSi.Well i will be using the car for going to college so the rear seat will be used occasionally.Now the problem is that i have never driven an automatic.Plus my dealership doesn't even have a manual Superb for TD it will be stupid to expect a Automatic TD vehicle from them.

So shall i go in for the manual?Another thing is that i read some where that DSG gearbox is great fun to use but have some reliability issues.Is it true?

Thanks
Old 30th August 2010, 17:36   #82
BHPian

Quote:
Hey guys need your help again.Can you please tell me whats with "Riding the clutch" in Skoda Superb M/T.What are the changes one has make in his driving techniques to overcome this problem.I know its not a problem in A/T but i am more keen in buying the M/T.

Thanks
In the manual, uou need to build the revs a bit more than normal before slipping the clutch. I'm telling you mate, go for the DSG. Every single review I've read recommended the DSG to me and I'm glad I went for it.

Here are a couple of videos that show the difference between DSG and manuals.

(the drift king himself)

I've driven a lot of AT's before, and believe me, this thing is out of this world.
Old 30th August 2010, 18:15   #83
Distinguished - BHPian

I watching the Fifth gear on Discovery turbo some time back. They were comparing it to C-class, they said it's a thinking man's luxury car. They rated the build and quality better than some germans.
Old 31st August 2010, 00:37   #84
BHPian

[quote=holysmoke;2048716]In the manual, uou need to build the revs a bit more than normal before slipping the clutch. I'm telling you mate, go for the DSG. Every single review I've read recommended the DSG to me and I'm glad I went for it.

Thanks holysmoke.Bro i am taking your recommendation and opting for the DSG variant.I don't want to have problem with the flywheel which is popular in Skoda's.City driving can lead to that problem because half clutch is used more in bumper to bumper traffic.

Does the Superb A/T have paddle shifts?

Well i am planning to go in for the color white.Will the car look good in white?Or i should try some other color?

Last edited by rahul016 : 31st August 2010 at 00:43.
Old 31st August 2010, 01:00   #85
Team-BHP Support

Quote:

Does the Superb A/T have paddle shifts?

Well i am planning to go in for the color white.Will the car look good in white?Or i should try some other color?
Yes the Superb has paddle shifts. You are making the right decision going for the brilliant 7-speed DSG. The car looks great in white. You might want to see the beige(?) colour also.

Good choice buddy. Enjoy.
Old 31st August 2010, 01:15   #86
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by akshay1234 View Post
Yes the Superb has paddle shifts. You are making the right decision going for the brilliant 7-speed DSG. The car looks great in white. You might want to see the beige(?) colour also.

Good choice buddy. Enjoy.
Thanks akshay1234.Its your guys support that has helped me take this decision.Thanks a lot!
Old 4th September 2010, 16:40   #87
BHPian

Confused Again!

Hey guys you must be thinking i am crazy.I just returned from my trip to Chandigarh.I went to see the BMW 320d CE there.Since then the car is spinning my head.Its completely awesome machine and when you stand in front of a BMW or just sit in it you forget every other car.I was about to book the Superb DSG but i am now again confused.
Old 4th September 2010, 17:39   #88
Senior - BHPian

That's good news. Rahul, may your confusion lead to you taking a crazy, impractical, heart over head decision. Join the club
Old 4th September 2010, 21:16   #89
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by flyingspur View Post
That's good news. Rahul, may your confusion lead to you taking a crazy, impractical, heart over head decision. Join the club
Well i will like to blame you for this flyingspur.I use to read your thread daily and the JOY OF BMW grew on me.I will like to know how's the gearbox of the 320d.Is it similar to DSG or better.Please tell me any important stuff which you consider essential when buying this car.
The most important thing is that is there any new 3 series in pipeline?

Last edited by rahul016 : 4th September 2010 at 21:18.
Old 4th September 2010, 21:25   #90
Team-BHP Support

The new 3 is due next year i think. Maybe earlier.
Heres another thing, do you think you will be able to use the Bimmer to its full potential on Dehradun roads. I mean from whatever little ive seen you cant really speed there or take corners, its too dangerous. Also if you are frequently going to have more than 2 people in your car the back seat can be a bit cramped.

So now why not get the superb, which's DSG (quoting flyingspur) is better than the 320d's gearbox + it has paddle shift. it will be comfortable for you to take your family or friends out. Its got many more gadgets and comforts.
And also the superb is no slouch.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks