Team-BHP > What Car? > Luxury, Imports & Niche
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 26th August 2010, 13:32   #1
BHPian

Maserati Dealers in India?

Ok, So my father is keen on looking at a super-luxury car from himself and has a budget upwards of 1cr. I suggested the Panamera and the Quattroporte, as he doesn't want the 7-Series or the S-Class which are so common in Mumbai nowadays.

My only question was, is there a Maserati dealer in Mumbai/India? I searched the forum and saw that you can book one through National Garage, Mumbai. But I've also heard that they aren't official Maserati dealers, but a mere thrid party for importing the cars to India. Which is the truth?
Old 26th August 2010, 13:54   #2
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saarth View Post
Ok, So my father is keen on looking at a super-luxury car from himself and has a budget upwards of 1cr. I suggested the Panamera and the Quattroporte, as he doesn't want the 7-Series or the S-Class which are so common in Mumbai nowadays.

My only question was, is there a Maserati dealer in Mumbai/India? I searched the forum and saw that you can book one through National Garage, Mumbai. But I've also heard that they aren't official Maserati dealers, but a mere thrid party for importing the cars to India. Which is the truth?
The Pananera as of now is your best and only bet, that is if you want to be noticed and attract unnecessary attention. I would go in with the high end variants of the S (500,600) and the 7 (750,760) if i wanted to blend in and yet be different. The other car that would be hitting India soon would be the Aston Martin with the Rapide but i would not recomend it for your needs.

No there is no Maserati dealer in India. National Garage were the exclusive importers at one point but not any longer.

Last edited by speedy : 26th August 2010 at 13:58.
Old 26th August 2010, 14:00   #3
BHPian

Quote:
As of now there is no official dealer for maserati in india, When ever i checked on Modis for updates i have never find India listed in it, that means if anyone buys it from any importer it will not carry a warranty which is very essential for a MAS Qp i believe.

Both the cars you mentioned will be best in its class to own, i appreciate your choice.

A.H
Farooq

Last edited by Rehaan : 26th August 2010 at 14:22. Reason: Fixing quote
Old 27th August 2010, 02:19   #4
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saarth View Post
Forget the Maserati, the Jaguar XJ suits your father's requirements perfectly well. Official import by Tata, warranty & service backup, way more exclusive than the S / 7 and loads of panache.
Old 27th August 2010, 14:51   #5
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
Forget the Maserati, the Jaguar XJ suits your father's requirements perfectly well. Official import by Tata, warranty & service backup, way more exclusive than the S / 7 and loads of panache.
Fits you requirements to the T
Old 28th August 2010, 00:27   #6
Senior - BHPian

Although a lot lower in brand image, how does the Phaeton compare with the lot being discussed?
Old 29th August 2010, 11:16   #7
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by shuvc View Post
Although a lot lower in brand image, how does the Phaeton compare with the lot being discussed?
Good for its time, but the Phaeton now feels outdated in comparison to the S, 7 and XJ. No surprise, as the VW is a whopping 8 years old (its competitors are all substantially younger).
Old 29th August 2010, 12:47   #8
BHPian

Quote:
Remember also, its now owned by Tata!

They are supposed to setup Land Rover dealerships/manufacturing unit, but not heard about Jaguar.
Old 29th August 2010, 13:01   #9
BHPian

I looked up about the XJ (not with the dealer, but on the internet for now) and for some reason, none of the websites quote Mumbai ex-showroom price, only Delhi. Is this not available in Mumbai?

Also, doing the Panamera test drive soon. Expect a review
Old 9th September 2010, 12:01   #10
gou
BHPian

Jaguar or Porshe

Quote:
Couldn't agree more.

Quote:
Originally Posted by shuvc View Post
What his father is looking mainly for is exclusivity. Phaeton does not provide that. For that, Jaguar being the new entrant is hardly visible on the roads. Also Panamera looks like a good option.

Test drive and select. All the best

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks