Team-BHP > What Car? > Luxury, Imports & Niche
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 30th August 2010, 00:10   #1
BHPian

Just Brought a Nissan Teana - And i want to Return it ! Pls Advise

Hi All,

I Just got my hands on a Nissan Teanna July 2008 Model which has genuinely done 26000 KM and is in real mint condition for 10.25 Lakhs. However, as luck may have it, i just dont feel good sitting in the damn car since i paid the money !

Now im not sure what to do is it just something weird up my brain but i plan to return it in the morning and maybe will loose 30-50K for returning like this. But somehow the car just does'nt feel right up the brain.

Im not sure what is it...maybe a lot of people advised me about how difficult it would be to maintain it and being a past uno owner, i know how difficult it was to get parts outside the company and the company itself too and i dont want to be in a similar mess....well waiting for some experienced fellas to respond ! And yes, please do respond soon !!!
Old 30th August 2010, 00:25   #2
BHPian

omg Didn`t you take a test drive before buying?
Old 30th August 2010, 00:31   #3
BHPian

I don't mean to sound rude, but I think what you're experiencing is called buyer's remorse Buyer's remorse - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

While I don't own a Teana, nor have I experienced driving or being driven in one; from all that I have read, it seems like an exceedingly comfortable car - more so than Accord, Camry, Passat and Superb.

Also, given Nissan's commitment to India (large factory in Chennai, making plenty of Micras, which will necessitate plenty of dealers to sell and service them), I don't think you'll face issues of spare parts or finding a place to get service.

All the best with whatever you end up doing.

Cheers,

FourWheelDrift
Old 30th August 2010, 00:37   #4
Senior - BHPian

If you think losing 30-50k on a car you bought for 10+ L maks sense, go ahead. The heart hath no logic - its the brain that does the math!

Teanna is a pretty good car, and after finalizing on it, if your heart beats against it - there is no point in finding logic. BUT if you can find a logic good enough to shut your heart up - PLEASE do it! A 26k KM 2008 Teanna for 10 L is a good deal, IMHO.
Old 30th August 2010, 07:28   #5
BHPian

well all im worried about is the availability of spare parts and after keeping it for 2 years - should'nt turn up to be a case like Vectra and Mondeo - No buyers ! That is exactly what concerns me ... !
Old 30th August 2010, 07:46   #6
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by delhi2009 View Post
well all im worried about is the availability of spare parts and after keeping it for 2 years - should'nt turn up to be a case like Vectra and Mondeo - No buyers ! That is exactly what concerns me ... !
These are the points buyers should consider before looking for a car/brand. Sorry if sound rude, but I feel you bought the car in a hurry without thinking twice. Is availability of spares and resale value only concerns or not happy with the whole product?
Old 30th August 2010, 07:55   #7
BHPian

Ok Here goes ..... Its coincidence and maybe superstition for some people but i'll chain the exact events :

I brought the car happily

Being a good A/T Driver already - was easy to drive it but as soon as i started from the dealer's place - this man on road was almost hit, drunk and in middle of the road.

I Drive to my place and take it to temple - The place i've been going to 30 years silently - my driver enters into a quarrel and a good beating between him and some local boys goes on, had to come out of temple to stop it !

I Drive to the petrol pump and while filling petrol in my car , these 2 guys at this pump , 1 who was wiping the windshield and 1 who was filling the petrol go on a fight and start hitting each other !

I reach home in a very low feel.... and not to mention all those craps who told me how difficult it would be to maintain this car. The dealer is someone where i have a good matrix - have referred to him 10s of customers with 1cr.+ worth of cars sold to my referrals so he respects me and agreed to take the car back if i feel so. But then, am i being too paranoid or is it really going the jinxed way !
Old 30th August 2010, 08:09   #8
Senior - BHPian

@Delhi2009 - I understand your feelings now; are you taking these signs as fore warnings before anything bad could occur to you?

IMO, what's more important in life? Money or peace of mind? If I were you undergoing the same troubles, then, I would try selling it; like Phoenix says, 20-30K isn't a big sum compared to the 10L you paid.

I wouldn't call it supersticious, rather a belief. We all live on the fact, belief is relief. If you believe this as a warning sign, go ahead & return or else, simply look for another car. Since you've a good budget you can wait & get a good car of similar make, model or even a different make & model for the same budget.
Old 30th August 2010, 08:14   #9
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aargee View Post
@Delhi2009 - I understand your feelings now; are you taking these signs as fore warnings before anything bad could occur to you?

IMO, what's more important in life? Money or peace of mind? If I were you undergoing the same troubles, then, I would try selling it; like Phoenix says, 20-30K isn't a big sum compared to the 10L you paid.

I wouldn't call it supersticious, rather a belief. We all live on the fact, belief is relief. If you believe this as a warning sign, go ahead & return or else, simply look for another car. Since you've a good budget you can wait & get a good car of similar make, model or even a different make & model for the same budget.
Well you knew just the kind of words i needed to ease me up.....yes i do feel peace of mind is important and thats why im planning to return and my question to myself was, is it worth loosing on some money , its hard earned money after all. But as you just said, peace of mind is certainly more important....Would probably get another Accord or an Endevour Today....
Old 30th August 2010, 08:22   #10
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aargee View Post
I wouldn't call it supersticious, rather a belief. We all live on the fact, "belief is relief". If you believe this as a warning sign, go ahead & return or else, simply look for another car. Since you've a good budget you can wait & get a good car of similar make, model or even a different make & model for the same budget.
Belief is relief. Well said!!!

@delhi2009: If you are not comfortable, then just call the dealer and sell the car off and move on Friend. Relax and start looking for some good deals/brands (peace of mind). Ex: Accord, Altis, Cruze.....
One point to add, Nissan is here with serious business intentions (setting up plants, rolling out new cars, new dealerships). I don't think there would be any problems with sourcing spares even after 2-3 years.

Best of Luck, Friend. Find a good deal/car soon.

Last edited by mnhegde : 30th August 2010 at 08:24.
Old 30th August 2010, 08:56   #11
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by delhi2009 View Post
Would probably get another Accord or an Endevour Today....
Good Luck & this time, try taking a friend or a family member, whom you're comfortable. If possible, ask the dealer to deliver the car to your home; ensure that you're the first person to drive after you've bought the car & take it to the temple & offer prayers to the deity, that you BELIEVE has given you this fortune. Luck & fortune will find their way to you
Old 30th August 2010, 09:16   #12
BANNED

As a product, the Nissan Teana is a good product, with its reliablilty and robust build quality. You have made the right purchase.

But if you have second thoughts after 2 days of ownership, Breathe easy, take your time, if the car needs to go, let it go.

Peace of mind is more important over the lost 30K.

Let us know, what you did.
Old 30th August 2010, 11:24   #13
BHPian

The 230JM-J31

The Teana (230JM -J31 model in your case) is a very good, comfort oriented, low profile car. As a matter of fact I had short listed it before rejecting it, solely due to the budget factor.

The VQ23DE engine in the Teana is described as follows :

The VQ23DE is a 2.3 L (2349 cc) engine equipped with CVTC (Continuously Variable-valve Timing Control). Bore and stroke are 85 mm and 69 mm, with a compression ratio of 9.8:1. It produces 173 PS (127 kW; 171 hp) @6000 rpm and 166 ft·lbf (225 N·m) @4400 rpm.

Moreover, the VQ family of engines has won the Ward's 10 Best engines from 1995 till 2008!

In the matter of spares and authorised service, I would have expected you to contact Nissan prior to purchase for your peace of mind.

If you still do not like the car, you can re-sell it and purchase what suits you.

Regards
Old 30th August 2010, 11:58   #14
Distinguished - BHPian

You've got a good car at a good price. Keep it.

As to the signs, they are just signs. Hell, if i judged signs before / after every purchase, i would not have owned a single car or phone, or laptop or anything.

Some of the best car experiences i've had are cars bought on non-auspicious days. It's all in the head buddy. Think positively... if you hadn't bought the car then:
- you may have run over the drunk in your old car
- your driver could have been badly injured
- the pump could have caught fire
- etc etc etc... but since you bought the car, these things mellowed down.

If you are superstitious go do a puja at a temple or something. Rs.30,000 is hard earned money my friend.

Last edited by Tejas@perioimpl : 30th August 2010 at 11:59. Reason: typo
Old 30th August 2010, 12:03   #15
Senior - BHPian

@delhi2009: If it makes you feel any good then let me tell you that I have seen acres of Teana's parked in Mumbai port car shed here. I have no idea whether they are imports OR for exports but can & will definately find it out for you.
If they are importing them as CBU's then I think you have nothing to worry about because these cars are being imported in 1000's each week. For your comfort I'll post the pics as soonest possible with further info.

And to your superstitions: Brother there is no end to it. If you have 100% guarantee that this will not happen with the next car that you buy then please go ahead & clear the clouds.

Raab Rakha.

Last edited by ariesonu : 30th August 2010 at 12:10.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks