Team-BHP > What Car? > Luxury, Imports & Niche
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 1st September 2010, 12:46   #1
Distinguished - BHPian

Buick Enclave/Ford Flex/Mazda CX9 in Phoenix, Arizona??

I am posting this enquiry on behalf of a close friend who lives in Phoenix, Arizona. He currently drives a 3 year old Acura (SUV, not sure of exact model) and he has done maybe 30000 miles or so. Gross wastage of such an awesome car. He also has a Nissan Altima for doing city duty etc.

As he has two little daughters and his parents visit him regularly, he kind of got bored with the Acura and decided to trade for a new car. He needs a SUV with similar or better comforts than his existing Acura.

Since he travels a bit his monthly running would not be too great.

He knows about this website and infact also participated in one of the team-bhp meet in Goa about 2 years ago.As i have zilch knowledge of current breed of cars in US and moreso, i am not being a fan of SUV's, i was not the right person to guide him.

Requesting knowledgeable folks out here to respond with your feedback so i can pass on this linky to him to read the response and take an informed decision.

He has shortlisted the following :-

Buick Enclave - CXL

Ford Flex with Ecoboost engine

Mazda CX9

My quick take only exterior look wise :

Buick and Mazda look pretty nice. Whereas, Ford Flex looks like a huge locomotive and looks bit like its Indian cousin, Endeavour.

Look forward to your opinions and responses.

Thanks
Avinash
Old 1st September 2010, 12:59   #2
Senior - BHPian

Looking at his choice in SUV and budget reflected in the cars that he has selected, I would like to suggest the following
  1. Volvo XC 70 /90
  2. Audi Q5
  3. BMW X5
  4. Mitsubishi Pajero /Outlander
  5. Land Rover Discovery
Cheers
Old 2nd September 2010, 10:56   #3
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Your friend stands to lose a lot of $$$ in selling the 3 year old Acura. Remember, depreciation is quickest over the initial years. Also keep in mind that, with a depressed car market, there are phenomenal deals in the pre-owned segment.

I was recently helping a Boston friend buy a Lexus LX470 in the States. This SUV is basically a Landcruiser 100 series with a long list of "luxury" extras. Your friend could easily get a 40,000 mile example for $35,000. The LX470 is supremely comfortable, stupendously reliable and is well-equipped. Will be a significant upgrade over his Acura. Simply put, its one of the best SUVs ever made.
Old 2nd September 2010, 12:14   #4
Senior - BHPian

Buick enclave is a great product and has received largely positive reviews from both consumers and press. Its "old age" tag can be a big deterrent though.
Old 2nd September 2010, 16:39   #5
Distinguished - BHPian

Thanks MC, GTO and Sid. Will pass on this info to him

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks