Team-BHP > What Car? > Luxury, Imports & Niche
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 10th October 2010, 04:55   #16
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by spiff View Post
Any idea when XF Diesel is coming ? I want to pick up a car within 10-15 days.

I for somereason think the XF isn't as bling as BMW . XF front is little dull and looks like a volvo...lol but the rear is to die for.

What about the current gen a8 ? There is a brand new a8 for a good discount going which would make it under 60lac category and my budget
Now that's a great option. Current a8 is better in looks than new a4 like a8! & you will have a true big high end luxury car with high tech. Other than that seriously consider the jag diesel xf. It looks killer from back & the front is quite bling actually! Surprising you found it otherwise. The best options in saloons.

For suv you can even look at the land rover discovery. That's also one heck of a car. Go anywhere ability in style & supreme comfort. Has great snob value too.
Old 10th October 2010, 10:38   #17
BHPian

Quote:
I for somereason think the XF isn't as bling as BMW . XF front is little dull and looks like a volvo...lol but the rear is to die for.
Best way to decide is to see and evaluate the car yourself. It would be best to talk to Jaguar dealership for the launch date, prices and other details. Also take a test drive and then form an opinion about the blingness of the car.
Old 10th October 2010, 16:12   #18
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

What about the current gen a8 ? There is a brand new a8 for a good discount going which would make it under 60lac category and my budget

Under 60lac ???? A8 !!!! Not even the 3.0TDI A8 goes that low ! There has got to be a catch somewhere ! I have been around a few A8s in the last few months and am positive, no A8 is anywhere near this price category. Where are you getting this baby from ? Its a STEAL !
Old 10th October 2010, 17:44   #19
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by akshay1234 View Post
Dont you think the Q7 4.2tdi makes much more sense than the 3.0 Cayenne? I mean the Q7 is more powerful, a lot quicker and just a couple lacs more than the Porsche.
Bro, thats why I proposed Q7 V8 should be perfect.

Porsche for me is the fun toy, its more agile than the Q7 and I am hardly ever if never take it offroading.
Old 11th October 2010, 12:20   #20
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by PlatzdaTurbo View Post
Under 60lac ???? A8 !!!! Not even the 3.0TDI A8 goes that low ! There has got to be a catch somewhere ! I have been around a few A8s in the last few months and am positive, no A8 is anywhere near this price category. Where are you getting this baby from ? Its a STEAL !
I somehow missed the 60L A8
That is a day time robbery. Pick it up, you will never regret it, just spec it right from the start. There are hosts of customizable options you will love, happy motoring I am dreaming now.
Old 11th October 2010, 13:33   #21
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sn1p3r View Post
Bro, thats why I proposed Q7 V8 should be perfect.

Porsche for me is the fun toy, its more agile than the Q7 and I am hardly ever if never take it offroading.
You didnt mention the V8 earlier so I assumed you were talking about the 3.0tdi. If only the Cayenne got the 4.2tdi.

Also I dont think he will be able to spec the A8 since its already here, but im guessing it will be fully loaded anyway.
Old 11th October 2010, 21:24   #22
BHPian

the a8 is fully speced at 78 ex showroom. I've left an offer of 62lac and the sales guy at the dealership tell me they will budge as the car has been standing for 6 months now.

*Fingers crossed*
Old 11th October 2010, 21:47   #23
Distinguished - BHPian

Spiff, they should take you offer as even the segment leader, the S-class went on over 10 lakh discount before a mere facelift arrival. Given that the a8 is a low seller and has been standing on the floor for 6 months they would get rid of it at any cost.
What are the specs and color? Is this ex-thane price or Mumbai?
Old 12th October 2010, 03:50   #24
BHPian

Is it the new A8 or the old one? I wouldn't want to go for an older model specially since the new one is already launched and is much better.
Old 12th October 2010, 10:19   #25
BHPian

I think it's the showroom car up for display i think. They are fully loaded. I had seen a similar deal at the Shreyans showroom. 78 L. Fully loaded A8 that was a display car for 6 months. With full warranty. I'm assuming its a similar deal. It's a steal alright!!
Old 12th October 2010, 10:19   #26
Senior - BHPian

Akshay: my bad Sir, I am happy with the current mill on Cayenne, its highly chuck-able.

Spiff: Please share the goodies list on offer, I am sure they will take you on the offer. But still maintain its a steal. All the best.

Goingout: I do not think they have introduced the new version in India and older version wrt the new launch is a great place to be in. I only wish it is the W12 version
Old 12th October 2010, 14:56   #27
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Akshay: my bad Sir, I am happy with the current mill on Cayenne, its highly chuck-able.
Do you own a Cayenne D or have you driven one? Just curious to know how it is (driving impressions or anything because on paper the engine dosent seem fit for a Cayenne)? Of course the chuckability () has nothing to do with the engine right, it would be because the Cayenne is a great handler anyway.
Old 12th October 2010, 17:09   #28
Senior - BHPian

^Akshay: Bro, I have friends in Germany, they took me offroading. The mill is excellent and smooth, rev happy so in the ditches it did never get stuck and the excellent drive and handling was fluid. I thus never felt there ought to be more power, however there is never enough power. V8 plonked in Audi is earth shattering/land moving; I do not think is required in the city conditions that I will be driving in. I never understood, why Porsche can't turbo the diesel as in 911?

I must save for one in India. I want one desperately. I am again dreaming.

Last edited by Sn1p3r : 12th October 2010 at 17:10.
Old 12th October 2010, 17:24   #29
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

Spiff: Please share the goodies list on offer, I am sure they will take you on the offer. But still maintain its a steal. All the best.

Goingout: I do not think they have introduced the new version in India and older version wrt the new launch is a great place to be in. I only wish it is the W12 version

W12 at that price ??? NOT HAPPENING !! LOL . If at all it does, i am going there tomorrow itself to buy it !
Old 12th October 2010, 17:30   #30
Senior - BHPian

^now A8 is off the Audi.in website. So this means that they are brining the new one.

Spiff: Bargain hard man, you will get it.

Akshay: I wasnt aware, the V6 D is indeed turbo, but there wasnt any turbo lag.

Platzda: I am not laughing this time, I need to have poker face at work. Cheers!

Last edited by Sn1p3r : 12th October 2010 at 17:43.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks