View Poll Results: Which one 7 or S?
7 Series 29 54.72%
New S-Class 24 45.28%
Voters: 53. You may not vote on this poll

Search this Thread
Old 14th December 2005, 09:05   #1
Senior - BHPian

Choice between 7 series or the new S?

I am here in India for a short period of time and want to help my dad decide what to get. he likes both and was keen on the 7 but since the time the new S has been launched even I am confused. I know the new S will have a little edge over the 7 in terms of technology but lets face it in India how much of the technology is even touched...

The only factor for the 7 is..I migt not have to wait and also it will be more exclusive than the S..as soon as the S is launched in India it would be matar muli bhaow..if you know what I mean...so then which one would you pick?
Old 14th December 2005, 18:08   #2
BHPian

Any day a three pointed star for me dude!!
Old 14th December 2005, 18:30   #3
GTO
Team-BHP Support

If anything can be compared to the new S Class, it will be the next generation of the 7 Series and not the current.

The S Class is an entire generation ahead, and if the reviews are anything to go by....its a giant leap ahead of the Beemer 7, A8 and the like. The Mercedes seems to be the new benchmark for luxo-barges.

You will also have an advantage of a fully established service network with the three pointed star.

Go for the Mercedes.

GTO
Old 14th December 2005, 18:35   #4
Senior - BHPian

Sigh..some people get to make some such fantastic choices . I would say, get the LS430 instead. The comfort/technology levels are adequate for India. And it would be vastly more reliable than either the S or the 7. But if your dad is keen on a German car, get the S purely because of the better service network.
Old 14th December 2005, 18:44   #5
BHPian

One day, that is one mean C6 you have there! Congratulations on the mean machine! Its a pity you have the beast locked up due to the bad weather! I am sure you are looking forward to the upcomming summer. You will have a blast at the track!

I would recommend the 7 in almost every way, compared to the S. And this is not because I am biased towards BMW's. In fact, I might be trading for a benz myself but thats under the wraps for now!
Old 14th December 2005, 21:05   #6
BHPian

Being an adrent BMW fan I would recommend the 7 series ...as far as a good service network is concerned Navnit Motors is at par with all the latest technologies required to service a BMW
Any luxury car will have its +'s each one scores marginally over the other be it those luxurious,gadgets etc ... What really can distinguish it from the rest is its exclusivity and currently BMW gives just that.

Last edited by comfortablywacky : 14th December 2005 at 21:06.
Old 14th December 2005, 21:14   #7
Senior - BHPian

If i compare the 7 with the current S class, i would have chosen 7 surely. But the new is just so much advanced than the 7, so for me its the new S atleast till the new 7 series comes.
Old 14th December 2005, 21:50   #8
Distinguished - BHPian

its a matter of personal opinion i find merc better but this is a segement where you can compare cars because they are too complex to be commented on by lesser beings like us without having a proper test.
Old 14th December 2005, 21:57   #9
Team-BHP Support

I definitely don't love the car, but, if I have to recommend one, it'll be the Merc S Class. The reason is simple. Mercedes has a better dealer and service network in India.
Old 14th December 2005, 23:23   #10
Distinguished - BHPian

If i had a choice,
it would def. be the new S class. I mean just look at the car, BMW is no where in the picture.
How come no Audi?
Old 15th December 2005, 00:29   #11
BHPian

yea mite! the 7 Series is way classier and exclusive compared to a Merc S Class! and even the iDrive system of the BMW is uniquely superb! plus the car looks sooooo hot! it has a grace, an elegance, when a person is sittin inside, he earns respect more than a Merc.
Old 15th December 2005, 13:24   #12
BHPian

anyday BMW...
better than Merc
Old 17th December 2005, 23:36   #13
Senior - BHPian

Thanks for all the input...i am still sort of confused, but the thing is for the new S I have to wait about good 7 months if not more..also my friend from Dubai told me it sold like hot cakes, but boy people are upset with the issues its having. After speaking with T&T, i found out that it is going to be priced about 4-5 lakhs higher than the current S..which mean you pay more and get an inferior product..thats what scares me..

The 7 had its fare share of problems when it was launched in 2002 and 2003, but since 2004 it has become better and is constantly becoming so..the new 06 7 is very nice..will give a lot more exclusivity than the new S thats for sure..and when you buy a BMW, people know you know cars..as for the latest in technology with the merc, its not a big deal...change the 7 with the new S in 2-3 years when it has sorted out its issues..and then wait for the new 7 and wait till its issues are sorted out...so I am sort of biased to the 7 but who knows what the dicission is..it would hurt to wait..but if we pick the S we might just have to suffer that pain ...lets see how it works out..

Last edited by 1Day : 17th December 2005 at 23:38.
Old 17th December 2005, 23:45   #14
Senior - BHPian

The Bangled 7 anyday.
BMW's have a sporty touch while the Merc's have the 3-pointed star. The name itself plays a major role
Old 18th December 2005, 08:43   #15
Senior - BHPian

either the A8 or the S I say. New S is way too brilliant.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks