Old 16th November 2010, 13:11   #1
BHPian

Evo X Vs. 370Z vs. Z4

Hi guys,

Need some help !!!

As the title says

EVO X or 370Z or the Z4

Of course people will say the Z4 or the 370Z

I like both of them and yea they are true sports cars but the EVO has it's own league.

Price wise EVO X is 56 on road

370Z is 63

Z4 is 70

After sales service, to be honest all are same !!! a pain

now people will say the EVO X is like so expensive but again the M3 or C AMG are also way toooooo expensive than their little bros

All 3 cars are ready for delivery with the Evo as early as Dec. 1st week

Z4 Immediately

370Z end of December

Omar
Old 16th November 2010, 13:19   #2
Senior - BHPian

Omar, I would think from A.S.S. perspective BMW would definitely be better off than the other two. All three exist in India, but from the view of personnel training and their being experienced, equipped and able to handle the car, I'd say the Z4 for sure. The EVO of course, is in a league of its own. Maybe a little more practical than the other two as well?
Old 16th November 2010, 13:56   #3
BHPian

It depends on the sort of driver you are. That's 'supposed' to be the most important thing here.
Do you want the grip and control of a proper 4wheel drive and a ballistic high revvy motor that's just fine as a daily driver? And yet never let's you forget its a track tool beyond a hint of a doubt? Then>EVO

Do you like the brazen madness a true rear wheel drive roadster offers? With an ultra-premium badge swathed in all the delectable goodies from around the world. Something that really cannot be a daily driver. Just a fun evening or tail-swing happy track day car? Then>Z4

OR do you want the madness of the RWD, fairly luxurious interior. Fair bit of goodies. Basically a car that balances both just a little less here and there and YET goes like a scalded cat when you give it the beans? Then>370Z

Its down to who you are and what you need. Forget what anyone else says (NO disrespect to any views). See your application of the car and how you want to really use it. These are beasts in ALL just different characters. cheers and congrats in advance
Old 16th November 2010, 14:09   #4
BHPian

Go get a XFR instead.
Old 16th November 2010, 14:26   #5
BHPian

Ohhhh !!! Im so confused !!!

The Z4 is like almost 15-20L more than the EVO

And then there is Autopsyche who say they can always help me !!

Next year after the F1, the track will be open for us to drive as well so I thought the EVO will be great there
Old 16th November 2010, 14:26   #6
Senior - BHPian

Please find my replies in bold.

Quote:
Originally Posted by omaragra View Post
EVO X or 370Z or the Z4

Of course people will say the Z4 or the 370Z

I like both of them and yea they are true sports cars but the EVO has it's own league.

Certainly, EVO has its own league

Price wise EVO X is 56 on road

Well the 300BHP EVO may not be the fastest among the three but its quick enough for India. Moreover, as flyingspur said, it is more practical and has its own league. The handling will be the best among the lot as you ll have a 15 year old set of computers working for you. If driving pleasure is the only thing you are looking for EVO is the one for you.

Though, the snob value wont be much, as most people will think of it as a new different looking sedan. Only an enthusiast will admire an EVO. Be ready for replies like "ye kyu li", "isse acha to 5 series le leta", "india me kahan itni tez chaloge" etc etc..

But, another reason I'd get an evo is that I love to drive with a few friends onboard, so to accomodate them a sedan is what is the best (thats MHO).

The service centers in delhi (both Asian and Excel) provide excellent support but in case of EVO part availability will be a major issue, I have seen a lot of Monteros off from the road as parts are ordered from japan and it takes about 35 odd days to get them.

However, I would still recommend a EVO because it will be more pleasure to drive and is more practical. Lastly, a lot of people will be out there to get a pre-owned evo at a decent price, so I dont expect the car to depreciate the way other Mitsuis do.

370Z is 63

Well, the Z should be the last option, its not as practical as an EVO and its doesnt have the snob value of the Z4 and it too will entail a long waiting period for parts. Though, it will be amazing to drive, its will no where be near an EVO. Dealerships are again too less and Nissan's customer support is still to be known. Expect the resale to heavy on your pocket.

Z4 is 70

The name BMW speaks for itself and luxury, snob value and performance is what you expect from this perfect roadster. Expect the A.S.S of BMW to be best among the lot, the main service stations should have parts for the Z4 and this is the car which you can expect to be off the road for the least number of days in case of breakdown. The cabin will be the most friendly place to be in with N number of gadgets and features.

However, its not very practical and has the same BMW rear wheel recipie. Driving please will be where the EVO will score more points.

A fun to drive weekend car will still be an EVO!

In between, which spec Z4 do we get here in India, is the 35i also available and is that the one for 70 lacs.

Last edited by gaurav_chopra04 : 16th November 2010 at 14:28.
Old 16th November 2010, 14:39   #7
Senior - BHPian

EVO & Nothing else! You don't need any suggestions, please just close this thread and get that.

Z4 is a great car, but can you just stick to the 4 door sedan which can pretty much match a lot of better sports cars?

Regards,

P.S Gaurav, yes the 35i is the variant you get in India, and the car is quite well loaded compared to the base car in the EU / Rest of the world.

Last edited by S350L-E240 : 16th November 2010 at 14:43.
Old 16th November 2010, 14:41   #8
Senior - BHPian

If you look at brutal raw power get the EVO. However it's the A.S.S that would be something to be worried about with a car dozens of sensors and gizmos in there, doubt the service will be upto the mark.

For pleasure of sportscoupe, 2 doors looks, a good linear power and handling both the 370z and Z4 are good choice. However I would prefer that creamy, torquey twin turbo charged engine of the Z4 and it's ride and handling is good for our Indian roads. 370z engine sounds a bit edgy when revved hard however it's the handling that has an slight edge over the Z4.

For peace of mind with A.S.S, a great engine, a good looker, convertible, german build quality I'd say Z4.

However for wolf in sheep clothing, it's got to be the EVO.

A simple remap would take both the Z4 and EVO to about 370-390bhp if there's need for more power grunt.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gaurav_chopra04 View Post

In between, which spec Z4 do we get here in India, is the 35i also available and is that the one for 70 lacs.
It's 35i with twin turbo 300hp.

Last edited by Invinsible : 16th November 2010 at 14:47.
Old 17th November 2010, 02:18   #9
BHPian

Everyone will scream their lungs off for EVO. But for once, live life of luxury and snobs. Get a Z4 and get a better life. EVO will give you a great all terrain drive but surely, you aren't going to compete with a souped up EVO in "Desert Wars" or "Himalayan Rallies" (Unless you serious do). Same goes for 370Z. Won't be as much fun as Z4.

Why Z4. How many in India have a convertible? If nothing else, that alone will make you stand apart. And all those who say that rear-wheel drive isn't as much fun as AWD, they just didn't know what fun means on top of four wheels. And here is your trust-worthy Jeremy Clarkson who swears by rear-wheel drive cars. Oh by the way, at first, he didn't quite like it though. But....

Clarkson on: the BMW Z4 - BBC Top Gear

And then here,

Or Richard Hammond

So enjoy the videos and choose what you like best. I just told you what I would do, if in your shoes!

PS: Check out the BMW GT. Yep that's not a mistake. I saw a couple in Pune. It's a GT saloon and it is absolutely FAB.

Last edited by given2fly : 17th November 2010 at 02:20.
Old 17th November 2010, 02:50   #10
BHPian

Of course, I posted that before I read/saw the following:

Jeremy Clarkson reviews the BMW Z4 sDrive35i.

And

And one unrelated sheer joy of a video.

Enjoy the videos!
Old 17th November 2010, 10:12   #11
Senior - BHPian

Allow me to add to the confusion..

Here's top gear reviews for the EVO X

In between, why arent we getting blue as an option, I just love this colour on the EVO. It used to come in lancer, which used to look awesome.

Last edited by gaurav_chopra04 : 17th November 2010 at 10:16.
Old 17th November 2010, 16:02   #12
BHPian

Yea !!!

Z4 nicer costing 16-20 L more !!!

Then the pot holes specially in Agra

Found a good highway here in the other direction !!! Was in my tiny Fiat 500 it's really nice and was dreaming of driving the EVO on it !! lol
Old 17th November 2010, 16:26   #13
Senior - BHPian

may be this should help somewhere.. but in this case its 135i but both z4 and 135i share the same engine and power to weight ratio.

Old 17th November 2010, 16:26   #14
//M
Distinguished - BHPian

The Z4 might be one hot convertible with great dynamics, but its certainly not practical for Agra roads and traffic. Instead go for the Evo X. Four seats and bucketloads of fun. Sure the Evo won't be a big attention grabber as the Z4, but for that purpose you have your Fiat 500.

OT- I'm a big fan of the Fiat 500 and really wish you start an ownership report thread about it.
Old 17th November 2010, 19:44   #15
BHPian

Z4 anyday

Firstly,love your fiat bro,
Z4 is great to drive and lil hard to live with(depending on where you live and where u go for drives).
Servicing cost is high(obviously) but service intervals are few and far between(which again depends how far and how often you drive)
Z4 has better pose value than rivals(if this is your kinda thing) rivals can be mistaken for mod lancer or some may even recognize 370 as 350 but Z4 wouldnt be mistaken for any other.
Suspension is on a tad stiffer side juxtaposed with evo or 370z
Exhaust note is among the best you'll ever hear on this side of 911/XFR/R8 V10 (those down shift blips and high rpm notes are worth banking on)
White suede leather option will sting you frequently( makes it even harder to drive with its top-down) I'd reckon the red leather instead. Interiors can make evo and 370z run for cover, its killer good. on the other hand, anthracite fairings can look boring .achtung! anthracite and scratches are synonymous.
All that extra mullah for the Z4 will surely pay you back in rational way than the others.
I'm glad you found yourself that good stretch of road(quite rare in this part of the country), evo aside, think about flooring the land shark with the top down, and blaring,gargling straight 6 exhaust note playing those right high notes. believe me you'd wanna own that stretch of road someday.
Alright EVO with its pin-sharp handling, its surely the winner here. then again, we dont really take them to the track days to get that sorta feedback, do we? it hardly matters on the usual highways and occasional empty 1/4 miles patches.
Evo and 370z aint justified at that price bracket, neither is the Z4 but atleast BMW's brand value, award winning design and that award winning 3.0L straight 6 engine makes this a safer bet.
I'm devastated coz Z4 & 370z is being compared with EVO.
Last word: try and look at boxter/cayman as well. Finally its what you want from the car you put your money on. Everybody has a different way of looking at cars they own or have driven. Go ahead and take a good long test drive instead.

Last edited by tushar_lalsan : 17th November 2010 at 19:52. Reason: typo

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks