Team-BHP > What Car? > Luxury, Imports & Niche
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 29th November 2010, 20:28   #1
BHPian

Best Sporty Sedan under 50L

Hola to the guys at team - bhp , it feels great to log in after around 4 months. Here i am again in a dilemma and so i thought what better place to clear it other than team - bhp.
Basically this time i am selling my faithfull 6 years old C - 200 KOMPRESSOR which we think has served us faithfully and still can beat the hell out of many cars but since it is a long time we need a change. We plan to buy a premium sedan with a price range of about 50-60 lacs.
The requirements are as follows :

+ Should have a powerfull engine with a sweet noise

+ Looking for a car to be more driver oriented rather than a chauffeurs car

+ Should have ample bling factor with show stopper looks

+ Ample of gizmos on board are a must

+ The boot should be ample to fit atleast 2 golf sets

+ The rear seats should be nice and comfortable as my dad has got frustrated with many cars like CR-V , Octavia and sold them due to frustration mainly because of this.

+ The service and maintanence should be great ( T&T Motors have our trust on this )

Basically thats all , we have selected a few cars and they are following and hare a priority in the order they are written :

A . Jaguar XF S Diesel V6 3.0

B. Mercedes - Benz E 350

C. Audi A6 3.0 (Rumours about a new model so..)

D. Bmw 530 D ( Poor service and sales plus already own x5)

E. Volvo S60/80

Advice of humble bhp-ians would be appreciated.
Thank you
Thunder
Old 30th November 2010, 16:20   #2
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by thunderV12 View Post
Looking for a car to be more driver oriented rather than a chauffeurs car
Quote:
Ample of gizmos on board are a must
Quote:
The rear seats should be nice and comfortable as my dad has got frustrated with many cars like CR-V , Octavia and sold them due to frustration mainly because of this.
Fact is, the most competent 40 - 50 lakh sedans remain the Mercedes E350 and the BMW 525 / 530d. Either is solidly engineered, loaded to the brim (though BMW has the advantage), supremely comfortable (Merc more so) and technologically advanced. Choosing between the two cars comes down to looks or brand preference, though the BMW is the one to go for if you love to drive.

Quote:
The service and maintanence should be great
BMW's 5 year all-inclusive maintenance packages are hard to argue with. Surprisingly Mercedes still doesn't offer the same on its range. This hassle-free ownership factor could be a deal maker.

Tell you what:

- First, read through our reviews of the two cars in detail:

Mercedes E350

BMW 525D

- Then, test both of them. The longer the test duration, the better.

Come back and update us. Good luck shopping
Old 30th November 2010, 16:29   #3
Team-BHP Support

Please check out the Audi A3 3.2fsi. It should satisfy all your requirements, except your dad may find the rear seat a bit small. Otherwise its got a brilliant engine, exceptional traction, and loadsssss of gadgets. + It would be quite a bit bigger than your C.

Of course if you do want to go a segment higher, then the Jag would be a nice change since you already have a Bimmer. But it dosent have Xenons and has the standard stereo.
Old 30th November 2010, 16:46   #4
BHPian

How did you miss the Mitsu Evo? slots right under the 50L barrier and is probably the best drivers saloon this side of a crore rupees! Ticks every other requirement of yours except the last one about service..!! But Im sure HM will do a decent job of it!
Old 30th November 2010, 16:53   #5
Senior - BHPian

Try to find a pre-owned M5, it will check all your boxes and give you more power than God
Old 30th November 2010, 17:13   #6
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by flyingspur View Post
Try to find a pre-owned M5, it will check all your boxes and give you more power than God
Boss, Ride comfort for his Dad is missing! suspension is too sport tuned.
To add to that a preowned M5 are still quoting at 55 lacs for a 2007 model.
Old 30th November 2010, 18:18   #7
BHPian

@GTO : we test drove the e350 which initially we really liked and plus they are givimg lots of optional equipment loaded like rear seat entertainment , active headlight and cornering lights but i find the e class very common in delhi ncr which reduces the charm of the car and hence i do not find spending half a crore on the car worthwile.
For the bmw we have had a very bad experience regarding the tyre getting spoilt in 3 months of purchase and servicimg hassels whic had dissapointed quite alot.

@Akshay : Buddy i totally love the a4 but since this car is going to be used very frequently within city and sometimes for occasional long drive we would prefer a diesel where the audi a4 3.0 tdi comes in which is a more over just satisfactory and doesnt give the upmarket feel that an a6 or jag would.
Plus i dint notice the headlights as they looked pretty similar to xenons. What is the diffrence between xenon n what jag has?

@scooby :
Pre owned car are just not the choice for our family. We had an offer of the previous s350 but pre-owned cars were are and as far as i think would not be preffered.
Old 30th November 2010, 19:43   #8
Team-BHP Support

Quote:

@Akshay : Buddy i totally love the a4 but since this car is going to be used very frequently within city and sometimes for occasional long drive we would prefer a diesel where the audi a4 3.0 tdi comes in which is a more over just satisfactory and doesnt give the upmarket feel that an a6 or jag would.
Plus i dint notice the headlights as they looked pretty similar to xenons. What is the diffrence between xenon n what jag has?
Well the A4 is almost as big as the A6 and a lot more modern. The A4 3.0tdi is a beaty.

What you are referring to on the Jag are projector lamps, which are normally used to xenons. The Jag has normal yellow halogen lights. Overall its a great package though. None of the cars mentioned will make you feel as special as the Jag.
Old 30th November 2010, 20:06   #9
Senior - BHPian

Buy the TATA

Guys,

I am very surprised that nobody has vouched for

Jaguar XF S Diesel V6 3.0

I think it looks the best car in its class. Has crackerjack of an engine. Has interiors second to none (either BMW or Merc). Comfort wise closer to Merc. Driving wise closer to Beemer.

+You get lot of exclusivity. The good thing with Jaguar is that everybody in India considers it a 'proper' luxury brand, despite not being as famous as its German counterparts. This is unlike Volvo, which doesn't have 'luxury' tag associated to it (relative comparison).
Old 30th November 2010, 20:13   #10
BHPian

Jaguar International - Jaguar International

Well according to this site the xf has xenons well maybe .
Old 30th November 2010, 21:02   #11
Senior - BHPian

Go for the jaguar. It is different from the Beemers and Mercs and will surely make heads turns. Plus the raising gear selector and opening of the AC vents will make you feel like James Bond.
Old 30th November 2010, 21:34   #12
BHPian

Quote:

I dont think so. Another member spiff just took delivery of his Jag xf (D) yesterday and that one does not have xenons.
But the Jag is too good to be left out just because of the xenons shenons.
Old 30th November 2010, 21:49   #13
Team-BHP Support

Quote:

Here is the Jaguar India spec sheet
http://www.jaguar.in/xf-tech-spec-desiel.pdf
Old 1st December 2010, 08:15   #14
BHPian

SO finally decided to go for the jaguar but now what color ?
Have an option of white , blue , dark blackish-grey and the wine color. Delivery accoring to them would be made near 20th december. Will hand them over the cheque in a doy or so till i decide the color .
Old 1st December 2010, 11:20   #15
BHPian

What about the new audi a7 ? Does audi have any plans to launch this in near future!!

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks