Team-BHP > What Car? > Luxury, Imports & Niche
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 10th December 2010, 13:22   #1

Buying Advise - LR4 / Cayenne / X6

Hi Guys

Need your help big time. I currently drive a Audi Q7. Have done about 50,000 Km on it in about a 18 months. Want to sell that and change my car. What would u guys suggest - my options are LR4 / X6 / Cayenne.

LR4 was my first option but the back seat is not comfortable. Give me some suggestions / advise.

Thnks
Old 10th December 2010, 19:36   #2
Senior - BHPian

Re: Buying Advise - LR4 / Cayenne / X6

How about the Range Rover, that is about the best SUV for off road you can get here. Land Rover - India :: Vehicles :: Range Rover
Old 14th December 2010, 16:52   #3
Senior - BHPian

Though you havnt given much information about your priorities or driving preferences etc. from the choices you have given i would say go for the cayenne . Much better than the X6 that is pretty weird and doesn't do anything astoundingly well.Anything wrong with your Q7 that you are selling it off ?
Old 14th December 2010, 16:56   #4
Team-BHP Support

If you didnt like the LR4 backseat then you will find the X6 seat horrible. The Cayenne is better to sit in but still not as comfortable as the Q7. Honestly the only upgrade from the Q7 in terms of comfort would be the Range Rover Vogue, or the Toyota Land Cruiser.
Old 14th December 2010, 17:59   #5
Senior - BHPian

You could also look at MB GL class, for the size and back seat comfort this could be close to Q7. However for styling and driving pleasure Cayenne is the better pick.

Last edited by Invinsible : 14th December 2010 at 18:07.
Old 14th December 2010, 20:38   #6
Senior - BHPian

Porsche Cayenne is the Motor Trend SUV of the year. I think you'll be pretty happy with it. It's a good all rounder.

Here is the review

2011 Motor Trend Sport/Utility of the Year - 2011 Porsche Cayenne - Motor Trend
Old 15th December 2010, 00:35   #7
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by akshay1234 View Post
If you didnt like the LR4 backseat then you will find the X6 seat horrible. The Cayenne is better to sit in but still not as comfortable as the Q7. Honestly the only upgrade from the Q7 in terms of comfort would be the Range Rover Vogue, or the Toyota Land Cruiser.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Invinsible View Post
You could also look at MB GL class, for the size and back seat comfort this could be close to Q7. However for styling and driving pleasure Cayenne is the better pick.

Range rover is the best option
Land cruiser is overall the best all a rounder in all aspects but lacks the snob value of the range
GL for space almost at par with the LC but not half as reliable. The 3 pointer star gets you the snob value tho.

I would not consider any of the option you listed, As all are a slight downgrade from the q7 although the Porsche badge adds value but not much else since it even has the same engine if you get the diesel. The x6 add a lot of bling and some more driving dynamics but not much else.

What makes you want to sell the q7?

Last edited by Sahil : 15th December 2010 at 00:36.
Old 20th December 2010, 22:45   #8

hey guys
thanks for the replies.

I am selling the Q7 now cause I have used it for 2 years and have done about 50,000 KM on it. So wanted to sell it and change it now. Nothing wrong with the car but what i felt with the q7 was - the car has awesome comfort but driving pleasure was not as much. I also have the Range Rover sport which i love. I think rite now i am towards the Cayenne. Any other options? how about the nissan patrol?
Old 21st December 2010, 12:08   #9
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rangerover View Post
hey guys
thanks for the replies.

I am selling the Q7 now cause I have used it for 2 years and have done about 50,000 KM on it. So wanted to sell it and change it now. Nothing wrong with the car but what i felt with the q7 was - the car has awesome comfort but driving pleasure was not as much. I also have the Range Rover sport which i love. I think rite now i am towards the Cayenne. Any other options? how about the nissan patrol?
For self drive and for driving pleasure Cayenne will do much better job than the competition. Plus there are loads of features that one can get it customised. It is said to have a bit stiff ride even when in comfort mode. Best would be to take a test drive.
What nissan petrol engine you talking about?

The other good option could be the new BMW x5.
Old 28th December 2010, 19:04   #10
BHPian

Get a cayenne GTS with manual gear for fun. Great car, but not so sure about the interior. It's too Panamer-ish, an high. Looks classy, but I'm not sure why i found it a little weird. But check it out yourself. For ride comfort, the cayenne will surpass mercedes, range and Q7. Beautiful ride. And the handling, need not mention. Perfect! If I were you, I wouldn't go for a diesel, but that's my personal opinion. I wouldn't want to compromise on smoothness and it's just a 2-3 kmpl mileage bonus you get out of a diesel. Check on that.
Old 28th December 2010, 19:23   #11
BHPian

With the inclusion of the Patrol, Now you are talking!!!

Anything but an X6, I have no idea what that vehicle was built for. In my opinion, it is a crossover that can do neither!!!

The LR4 is good but not in the league of a Cayenne. The Patrol is good but refined as the Cayenne.

Cayenne would my choice.

Enjoy your ride!
Old 28th December 2010, 22:13   #12
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by perfectfluke View Post
Get a cayenne GTS with manual gear for fun. Great car, but not so sure about the interior. It's too Panamer-ish, an high. Looks classy, but I'm not sure why i found it a little weird. But check it out yourself. For ride comfort, the cayenne will surpass mercedes, range and Q7. Beautiful ride. And the handling, need not mention. Perfect! If I were you, I wouldn't go for a diesel, but that's my personal opinion. I wouldn't want to compromise on smoothness and it's just a 2-3 kmpl mileage bonus you get out of a diesel. Check on that.
There is no GTS in the new Cayenne as far as I know.

The ride in the Cayenne is better than the Mercs, Range and Q7? Are you kidding? Unless you take 17" rims which look horrible on the car there is no way the ride is better.
Old 28th December 2010, 22:32   #13
Distinguished - BHPian

Not sure about the others but X6 feels tooo stiff for our roads.
Old 31st December 2010, 16:22   #14
dcs
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rangerover View Post
Hi Guys

Need your help big time. I currently drive a Audi Q7. Have done about 50,000 Km on it in about a 18 months. Want to sell that and change my car. What would u guys suggest - my options are LR4 / X6 / Cayenne.

LR4 was my first option but the back seat is not comfortable. Give me some suggestions / advise.

Thnks
Dear Rangerover,

If you are moving forward from an Audi Q7, my suggestion would be to consider Range Rovers- preferably the 4.4 L V8 Vogue.

Though a BMW X6 is a very comfortable SUV/ Crossover, but if we talk about the comforts on a comparative scale, my suggestion would be to consider Toyota Land Cruiser AXG or ZX (both Petrol) or the Toyota Land Cruiser V8 (Diesel)

Furthermore, if you are not too specific about the fuel the car uses- might even consider a Lexus LX570, which has the comforts, the value adds and thus gives you the best of both words. Lexus LX570 has amazing road presence, plus is one of THE most comfortable SUV available all across.

You may check the pics of the car from here

Also, have you considered Infiniti FX Series? Should take a look at Infiniti too.

All Cheers

dcs
Old 31st December 2010, 23:17   #15
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by akshay1234 View Post
There is no GTS in the new Cayenne as far as I know.

The ride in the Cayenne is better than the Mercs, Range and Q7? Are you kidding? Unless you take 17" rims which look horrible on the car there is no way the ride is better.
The ride and comfort is better in the Cayenne. The suspension is smoother, the ride is silent and handling is ace. You can just keep driving for hours in it and you wont feel tired of driving.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks