Audi A6 22 48.89%
BMW 530i 17 37.78%
Voters: 45. You may not vote on this poll

Search this Thread
Old 18th January 2006, 23:37   #31
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sahil
Dipen, thnks for the info but if you dont mind me asking, where did u get the figures from coz i think they r on the higher side.
The E280 is 41 lakhs ex-showroom... I am intrested only in the ex showroom price as we dont pay octorio as we register it in thane and also insurance is going to be transferred from the previous cars policy.
The A6 price is 44 lakhs as per the Audi showroom in bombay. Not sure for which engine type but i think its the 3.2
Have no clue abt the 5 series pricing.
Merc prices are courtesy Mercedes showrooms.
Audi A6 : I asked a gentleman(owner) driving it at a traffice signal. He was polite enough to roll down the window and answer me.
BMW : Rough math:
Audi A6 costs abt 30000UK pounds, and the 530i is 32000 pounds. Hence the math.

The best option is to call the showroom guys and confirm.
A couple of laks may also differ depending on the customisation done.
Old 19th January 2006, 08:45   #32
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steeroid
AUDI
I beg to disagree. Quottro may be one of the better known technology brands to come from the marquee, but this is not Audi's sold USP. The Quottro has its uses, but I having AWD on a normal roadcar is a technological overkill. The comparison to Skoda is wrong - the Skoda RS without the Turbo is a banana, which is not the case with the A6.

Without the quattro the configuration available in Audi is FWD, which would not be great in when compared to the performance of RWD merc's and Beemers.Hence the quattro.

Quote:
Originally Posted by amit
Dev, Whats the use of having quattro in Bombay? It will only end up increasing the price of the car with hardly any tangable benefit in real world driving conditions. Why pay a couple of thousands more just to have the quattro on the car's trunk?

Sahil, I am a big BMW fan but the car, I believe, will be used mainly by your dad and probably will be chauffer driven? The bangle designed BMW is not to everyone's liking. Let your dad take a very good look at the BMW and let him decide if he really likes the design. The Audi and Merc designs are more traditional and likeable by elder executive types. Also, if the car is going to be mainly chauffer driven then it really makes no sense to buy the ultimate driving machine. All the cars are brilliant. It's a tough choice. Go for the Audi if you want a change from the Mercedes. Don't bother with what people think. Go for BMW if your dad likes the design and drives himself. Again he has to love driving to appreciate the BMW.

well based on Mumbai's traffic none of these cars make sense that way.
Old 20th January 2006, 05:03   #33
Distinguished - BHPian

E 280Cdi Facelift

http://www.germancarfans.com/spyphot...id/6060116.002
Just found this link with pics of the facelifted version of the E-class. Pretty sure the E280 Cdi will launch with the new bumpers and rear lamps shown in the pics. Not a major change but it does add a few sportier elements.
Engine Specs are 3.0L V6 Turbo pumping 190 Bhp. Claims to break the 8 second barrier to a 100 in some tests runs. And the best part - 7 Speed Auto!
I am seeing my decision turning more towards the E now, just hope the car doesnt develop numerous problems like my previous merc. Havent heard of too many problems in the W211.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks