Team-BHP > What Car? > Luxury, Imports & Niche
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 21st April 2011, 13:17   #31
BHPian

Re: Help Needed: Luxury Cars under Rs.45L

Quote:
Originally Posted by PlatzdaTurbo View Post
Since you haven't even mentioned the 530, its pretty simple.
525d it is.
We are essentially comparing an in-line 6 vs a 4-pot here. The difference in refinement levels is huge.
While on the inside both the variants are more or less identically equipped the real difference is the 204hp/430 NM 6 cylinder of the 25d as opposed to 184hp/380 NM of the 20d.
If performance is high on the list of priorities, definitely the 525d among the 2
On paper, yes! .. It's paper tearing (ground breaking ) .. But does it really feel and drive the difference .. I would love just the feeling of having six-cylinders under the hood . Is the drive experience worth the additional money.
Old 21st April 2011, 14:08   #32
Senior - BHPian

The 6 cylinders as mentioned by others is definately going to make a difference.
Its going to be a lot more refined.
Worth the extra cash IMO.
Old 25th April 2011, 10:29   #33
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by n:CorE View Post
On paper, yes! .. It's paper tearing (ground breaking ) .. But does it really feel and drive the difference .. I would love just the feeling of having six-cylinders under the hood . Is the drive experience worth the additional money.

Worth the additional buck or not, that again varies from owner to owner. For most in India looking for practicality over anything else, the extra buck for that additonal horsepower and NM will not appeal ,especially since the cars are similarly equipped with goodies on the inside.
While on 1 hand i feel the 525d is the perfect balance between the 2 (20d & 30d) I would say the extra buck for the performance of the 530D is DEFINITELY worth it ! (The 530d will now be available with heads-up display and GPS navigation as options)

Last edited by PlatzdaTurbo : 25th April 2011 at 10:30.
Old 25th April 2011, 16:01   #34
Senior - BHPian

@n:core
any updates? any Td's taken?
Now that your Dad loves the Beemer.
I guess Jap reliability is out the door.
Old 30th April 2011, 13:20   #35
BHPian

The jap's are really out the door for this buy anyway, Honda & Toyota both have cut down their production outputs insanely besides nothing but the Accord V6 interests me, and the Nissan Teana also seems like a no-go. I spoke to the Audi West Dealership in Mumbai.

Me: Hi, I'd like to test drive the Audi A6.
Audi: Sir, i would like to inform you that the new Audi A6 will be coming out in mid-September
Me: Precisely why i have called, you might have some stock clearance discounts, offers, etc. I am looking at the 2.7 V6 TDI.
Audi: Sir, the stock is already clear, why don't you wait for the new A6?
Me: I am looking at a certain price point, and i was wondering if there would be any discounts or offers on the current A6, on an account of its replacement due september. Anyways, what will be the pricing like for the new A6? and will a 2.7 V6 be offered?
Audi: Sir, there is going to be a 2.0 TDI (which i presume will be the newly done up ~170bhp motor which is now in the VW Passat, probably would be tuned up to give more) & a 3,0 TDI
Me: 2.7 TDI?
Audi: It is going to be discontinued mostly, we are waiting for a more clear picture.

Now, the current A6 seems to be out of the list. I will still try and find out because i have a friend who has a good influence in the dealership, lets see what he has to say.
Old 5th May 2011, 19:18   #36
BHPian

Guys, I think we have finally decided, and it is the 520d. The purchase however is now delayed till diwali this year (for auspicious reasons). As I have read across the forum, September 2011 marks the entry of the New Audi A6. And also, I read that jaguar has plans of launching the XF with a 2.2L turbo-diesel 190bhp as an entry level jag. I reckon this will bring the prices down. Anyone with any idea when is the new XF diesel going to be out in India?
Old 5th May 2011, 20:07   #37
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
I think we have finally decided, and it is the 520d. The purchase however is now delayed till diwali this year
Quote:
September 2011 marks the entry of the New Audi A6
Quote:
when is the new XF diesel going to be out in India?
sorry but you are still undecided - by Diwali lot of things are going to change , not only will be new models coming but on financial things - who knows how will be Economy at that time ? what will be sensex and so on ,,

if you have the funds don't way any longer just get the Joy home and don't save 3 lac or so get yourself 525D if not 530D you wont repent , as for the auspicious days , treat every day as a Gift of God to you , all days are same - find the one when you have time from your routine to pick the car ...
Old 6th May 2011, 04:40   #38
BHPian

Note from the Team-BHP Support : Please avoid typing with excessive dots.........like................this. Thanks

See .. I'm a jaguar fan .. The on-going XF-S Diesel with the 3.0L V6 is out of our budget .. Now that I hear a smaller engine is on the charts, which will definitely be placed amongst the entry levels of this range (520d/A6 2.0/E250) ... So I really would consider that as a really strong contender or probably the game winner (I love jags! ).. About the auspicious aspect .. I don't really care about it personally, but my family does .. A LOT! So can't really help it :(

Last edited by GTO : 28th June 2011 at 13:22. Reason: Please avoid typing with excessive dots.........like................this. Thanks
Old 13th July 2011, 16:15   #39
BHPian

i think you should wait for the audi a6, its a fantastic car drove it when i was in Dubai.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks