Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 14th October 2011, 15:30   #241
Senior - BHPian

Re: RRP Hyperdrive in a friend's Mitsu Cedia

Quote:
Originally Posted by Astleviz View Post
A complete novice in these matters, I'd like to ask one practical question. After all that time and effort and money spend on your Cedia, is it faster than a stock Cedia? I know it has ignition issues and not performing at it's full potential, but still...
Yes It is still faster than a stock cedia but that is not the point. Its not as smooth and fast as it is supposed to be.

Quote:
Originally Posted by orangelephant View Post
Our engineers again visited Chandigarh to sort out some minor irritants like an exhaust rattle.
Here i would like to clarify there were no minor issues.
Issues were:

1. There was pre-ignition
2. There was NO minor rattling in the exhaust, it was quite a lot and it is still there
3. The gear used to get stuck at high speeds.
4. The car used to drop rpm and at times shut itself when I put on the wiper, or headlights or push the brakes.

The mechs were there to fix all these issues and it took them two days so there is no way these issues were minor. The whole map was re-tuned.

They also did something which got more fuel in the car when any electronics were switched on which was not connected before and the part was lying in my glove-box.

They also fixed the gear issue because in the engine compartment the lever for the gear was touching the silicon joint in the plumbing which used to expand while the car was at high rpms and the gear stopped functioning.
Old 14th October 2011, 16:02   #242
BHPian

Hmmm...
The good news is that RRP folks are acting like true professionals not leaving any stone unturned to rectify the issues. The bad news is that this is not good enough.

I understand that TCing comes with associated issues and it takes a while to sort them out. But bad/ low octane fuel? Is that not a given considering that this a norm rather than an exception in India. Shouldn't that have been the first thing to consider before deciding if forged internals and other exotic stuff is needed or not?

While I don't doubt the competence or integrity of RRP team one bit, I think that the onus on delivering a fast reliable car that meets the client's expectations relies solely on RRP, especially when no expenses were spared by the client nor was there any interference from the client's side. Why the car is not performing as expected is not the client's concern, he agreed to everything RRP suggested and paid whatever was asked for. And in that, RRP, with all their best intentions, have failed to deliver so far.
Old 14th October 2011, 18:42   #243
Senior - BHPian

Hey Anmol, do not try meth injection at this stage. I have not tried it myself. But based on the readings that i have done, you need to get your boost up first. Then think meth injection. Methy will bump up the octane rating pretty much. You have to change maps again. First get a stable map, get the car on boost that it can hold. Once you are happy, then do methy. I will give a link about methy and generally about boosting... Methanol Injection : Alcohol Injection : Water Injection : DevilsOwn.
Since you are getting consistent knocking, you need to get the thing to fire up properly.
I think something is preheating the air too much create the detonation. Get IAT hooked and see what's air temp. I think you need lot more scanning on the parameters to get it right.

Last edited by kutlee : 14th October 2011 at 18:45.
kutlee is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th December 2011, 15:12   #244
BHPian

I am a novice with Cedia and Tcing it. I just posted couple of guys in this forum to get opinions on buying an used Cedia and getting it just TCed.. not the hyper drive option, but just a Tc with no major engine rebuild (forged pistons and con rods - I meant). I am just 2 kms away from RRP shop in bangalore. With posts above I surely want to go to RRP as their support is too good.

Question: Is there some one who has done a cedia with RRP - turbo drive package and ran it close to 50K without major issues on our regular bangalore - chennai fuel pumps petrol? (rattles are fine)

~Koli.
kolimuttai is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd January 2012, 23:57   #245
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by chiragh_bir View Post
Yes It is still faster than a stock cedia but that is not the point. Its not as smooth and fast as it is supposed to be.
Any further updates to this thread?
Old 3rd January 2012, 00:47   #246
Team-BHP Support

How did I miss this thread!

I've always loved the Cedia (albeit secretly ) because of the rally-roots and heritage that it holds. And here we have a Cedia that has been taken to another level altogether. If there ever was a crown for the best 'sleeper-car', it has to go to this one. Everything looks stock on the outside, but it can shame even some sports cars on a straight-line.

Kudos to Red Rooster Performance for this phenomenal build. looking forward to some better wheels and tyres.

One question? isn't it advised that one changes the wheels and tyres in order to harness all that power? I've been told by many knowledgeable people that wheels and tyres are the most integral parts of a good mod-job. Won't one need to install larger wheels and wider tyres to effectively translate all that power into real-world performance?
Old 3rd January 2012, 01:42   #247
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by suhaas307 View Post
How did I miss this thread!

I've always loved the Cedia (albeit secretly ) because of the rally-roots and heritage that it holds. And here we have a Cedia that has been taken to another level altogether. If there ever was a crown for the best 'sleeper-car', it has to go to this one. Everything looks stock on the outside, but it can shame even some sports cars on a straight-line.
Has there been any development lately that we are not aware of? Because from what I know, this car has major reliability issues after spending close to 7 lakh bucks on a brand new cedia. I'm not sure what sport car it can shame, considering that it is only slightly faster than a stock cedia. As per the last updates by Chirag, overall this project has been a disappointment after spending all that time and money, unless of course all the issues have been taken care of and the owner has not updated this thread.
Old 3rd January 2012, 11:32   #248
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Astleviz View Post
Has there been any development lately that we are not aware of? Because from what I know, this car has major reliability issues after spending close to 7 lakh bucks on a brand new cedia. I'm not sure what sport car it can shame, considering that it is only slightly faster than a stock cedia. As per the last updates by Chirag, overall this project has been a disappointment after spending all that time and money, unless of course all the issues have been taken care of and the owner has not updated this thread.
That is disappointing. But no serious modification is ever going to guarantee you 100% reliability and results anyway. It's a 'mod' after all. A friend's vRS Pete'd to 300 horses had a huge problem when the car's gearbox failed while he was in Bangalore. I had the privilege of watching the mechanics fix it and test it on my street! And he spent over 10 lakhs over and above the 9 lakhs he put-down to buy the used Octy.

This mod might have been a disappointment, but don't look at it like that. It's a learning curve for you in the mod business. This Cedia was a stepping-stone and RRP is a good tuning-house. Give it some time and patience, and I'm sure your Cedia would be sorted.

All the best, Sir. Hope your car is back in action, the way it is intended to perform.

Last edited by suhaas307 : 3rd January 2012 at 11:33.
suhaas307 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd January 2012, 12:56   #249
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by suhaas307 View Post
That is disappointing. But no serious modification is ever going to guarantee you 100% reliability and results anyway. It's a 'mod' after all. A friend's vRS Pete'd to 300 horses had a huge problem when the car's gearbox failed while he was in Bangalore. I had the privilege of watching the mechanics fix it and test it on my street! And he spent over 10 lakhs over and above the 9 lakhs he put-down to buy the used Octy.

This mod might have been a disappointment, but don't look at it like that. It's a learning curve for you in the mod business. This Cedia was a stepping-stone and RRP is a good tuning-house. Give it some time and patience, and I'm sure your Cedia would be sorted.

All the best, Sir. Hope your car is back in action, the way it is intended to perform.
Boy, you really are in a hurry to post today arent you!

It isnt his car. The owner of the car isnt a TBHP member. The owner posts through Chiragh_bir's account.
Nikhilb2008 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd January 2012, 17:00   #250
Senior - BHPian

guys anmol has now shifted to US for further studies !!

car is running great as of now !!
Old 3rd January 2012, 18:02   #251
BHPian

Quote:
Great. And performance stats to compare the gains over a stock cedia?
Old 3rd January 2012, 18:17   #252
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nikhilb2008 View Post
Boy, you really are in a hurry to post today arent you!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nikhilb2008 View Post
It isnt his car. The owner of the car isnt a TBHP member. The owner posts through Chiragh_bir's account.
I know Nikhil, I figured that out last night when I stumbled upon this thread.

It's great to know that the car is running smoothly. Any other updates? pictures are always welcome!
Old 30th January 2012, 00:42   #253
BHPian

Quote:
guys anmol has now shifted to US for further studies !!

I have followed this thread diligently since the Post 1. But this is a rather disappointing climax to the thread. There wont be any updates, long term ownership report or pictures. Glad to know the car is doing well. Its excellent thread. thank you chiragh_bir
Old 28th April 2020, 00:02   #254
BHPian

Looks like the car is now on sale.
https://www.olx.in/item/cedia-sports...iid-1564948628
Old 28th April 2020, 16:59   #255
Senior - BHPian

That's an aspirational price.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks