Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 26th February 2020, 19:54   #76
Senior - BHPian

Re: PICS : Car floor vinyl & lamination

These days, people are doing lamination which is die cut, specific for each car like 7D mats. It is being done for around 2.5k in Karol Bagh. Anybody got this done?
Attached Thumbnails
PICS : Car floor vinyl & lamination-lamination1.png  

PICS : Car floor vinyl & lamination-lamination2.png  

Old 21st October 2021, 17:56   #77
BHPian

Was shopping for car at Maruti and dealer offered floor lamination for Rs. 4300 for Spresso. Is the lamination even worth it and is the cost quoted ok or high and can I get the same done for cheaper at accessory shops?
Old 21st October 2021, 19:04   #78
BHPian

Definitely worth it. Keeps the carpet in new condition, any spills etc can be easily wiped off, easier to vacuum and wipe with a wet cloth, keeps the car floor cleaner in my opinion.
However the price quoted is on higher side, usually rangers from 1.8 to 2.5k not more then this. You can search outside the dealer and should get better prices.

Quote:
Originally Posted by raksrules View Post
Was shopping for car at Maruti and dealer offered floor lamination for Rs. 4300 for Spresso. Is the lamination even worth it and is the cost quoted ok or high and can I get the same done for cheaper at accessory shops?
scorpian is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd May 2022, 18:35   #79
BHPian

Sorry if this is a stupid question - this is the first time I am dealing with a NEW car...

Quote:
Originally Posted by .anshuman View Post
To be frank these carpets look bad, OE carpet looks much premium grade in comparison.
So, my confusion is -
When you say OE carpets - do you mean:

(1) The original floor matting - which the new car came with - that covers the whole floor, going inside the side bidding and central console bidding?

(2) Floor "Carpet Mats" sold as accessories by the OEM - like this one, from Maruti?

Quote:
Originally Posted by rajivanoj View Post
@ anshuman

i 100% agree OE carpet looks better and this vinyl carpet look plasticky and look cheap, but for our indian condition, those who self drive , has no driver, cleaning the carpet is tough job than cleaning the car outside.

Exactly my conundrum!
I hate the vinyl look - but just don't know how to deal with the dust, mud and grime on the main carpet!

Quote:
Originally Posted by rajivanoj View Post
@ anshuman

So its better go for vinyl , at least in india, for our climatic and road condition.
I was actually thinking of putting on the vinyl 'floor lamination' - and then covering it (hiding it, at least partly) with the OEM 'Floor Mat' that I linked above...

The Floor mat can be taken out and cleaned - while the vinyl will protect the fixed floor-carpet underneath.
Does that sound unreasonable?
The only worry with that arrangement would be the water-seeping-in-from-down-below issue...

Comments/ suggestions from more experienced people would be much appreciated.
Old 22nd May 2022, 18:46   #80
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aaditto View Post
When you say OE carpets - do you mean:

(1) The original floor matting - which the new car came with - that covers the whole floor, going inside the side bidding and central console bidding?

I hate the vinyl look - but just don't know how to deal with the dust, mud and grime on the main carpet!
I was actually thinking of putting on the vinyl 'floor lamination' - and then covering it (hiding it, at least partly) with the OEM 'Floor Mat' that I linked above...
I am a heavy user of my car and had a floor lamination done immediately after delivery in 2017 for about 1500/-
On top of this I DIY'ed noodle mats precisely cut to shape and snugly fitting. Keeps the floor clean, and any shoe grime is stuck in noodle mats itself. No efforts to clean car floor at all and noodle mats can be cleaned with just a spray of water.

Last edited by Torq : 22nd May 2022 at 18:47. Reason: Typo
Torq is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks