Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 14th July 2011, 11:41   #31
BHPian

Re: Pimped Polo 1.6 with race exhaust + ECU

Quote:
Originally Posted by vipinjoshi View Post
Hi Kush! I also own exactly the same car in RED and just test drove the Laura TFSI and had a heart ailment. The upgrades you have done seem to be the best surgery to help me recover i'm sure. I read in some post on this thread that it costed you around 28k+25k. A few questions:
  • Will it void the warranty
  • Does the life and efficiency of the engine gets negatively affected
  • How well is it working and how much of a difference does it make
  • Is it possible to get it turbocharged
1. Not complete warranty but only for the replaced parts (exhaust, air filter).
2. No not much.
3. It was working good earlier with 2 kmpl bump and now i hardly get 10 - 11 kmpl in-spite of feathering the throttle.
4. Yes, Contact Red Rooster Performance they can do it.

Last edited by Kushanth : 14th July 2011 at 11:46.
Old 14th July 2011, 11:44   #32
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by lucifer919 View Post
Was it you outside EGL this morning? i was in the black Palio flashing for you to stop.
Yes But i didn't see you.
Old 14th July 2011, 11:53   #33
BHPian

I am also interested on what the differences you found with respect to BHP, Torque after the modification.

A quick question is if we do some modifications, do the warranty really void? The VW guys always say about this. Do VW really mean it?

I believe that some Audio installers cut the wires here and there with blade and they do not even bother to seal it. In that way VW is much disciplined.

At times we also need to change the Audio Head Unit and it is hard to visit their service centers after some bitter experiences and horror stories that we hear from the Polo owners. Initially before buying they promise a lot of things. Once it happened like after purchasing the car, on the delivery day, there was no one to explain the stuff and this was the experience from one of my friends. We do have a number of Audio installers here.

Last edited by yogeshnaik : 14th July 2011 at 12:00.
Old 15th July 2011, 00:46   #34
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kushanth View Post
Yes But i didn't see you.
You stopped at the U Turn after EGL and I wanted to check out the exhaust but then u sped away. The exhaust sounded sweet as sin though.

Maybe sometime later.

Cheers.
Old 7th February 2013, 14:10   #35
BHPian

Polo 1.6 mod or wait for Polo 1.2 TSI

Hi Folks,

Its getting to be the time we replace our Swift VDI. The car has served us well for a few years and has about 50-60 K kms on it. It is still running great and will probably last a while so we may not sell it but retire it to the status of a beater car that can go to the back alleys of Bangalore. I would like a more fun car that I can use to drive to work (50-60 kms a day) and/or late night joy rides.
My father has a Laura 1.8 TSI that I use from time to time and I love the car, only wish the steering was more engaging and the car handled better (suspension upgrade may be in the pipeline); I currently use our Innova to drive to work, I need something that is more fun, so here are the options:

1) Buy a used Polo 1.6, install in a GT 25 Turbo charger and get it to push 200 hp (with intercooler, new intake, wastegate, blowoff valve, suspension, brakes and everything else required to make it reliable and safe)

2) Wait for the Polo 1.2 tsi, buy it new and run it stock.

What are the recommendations of people on this forum? which purchase would make more sense? There are decent deals to be had on hardly used Polo 1.6 and all in the cost of the Polo 1.6 with mods will probably be only slightly higher than the 1.2 tsi. I look forward to getting your valuable input

cheers!
Old 7th February 2013, 14:39   #36
BHPian

Re: Polo 1.6 mod or wait for Polo 1.2 TSI

My suggestion as you drive daily for about 50-60 kms a day

- Buy Polo 1.6 tdi (yet to released) and remap it.
- Optra Magnum tcdi, remap it. All under 5lkhs.

If you insist on petrol
- Skoda octavia 1.8 vRS, remap it. It can even kill a remapped cruze easily and again all under 5lkhs.
Why buy a NA polo 1.6 and turbo charge it when you have a vrs ready with turbo + strong internals.
Even if you buy Polo 1.2 tsi and remap it you cant beat a remapped skoda 1.8vrs.

Last edited by brraj : 7th February 2013 at 14:47.
Old 7th February 2013, 14:56   #37
Distinguished - BHPian

Wait for the 1.2 Tsi

1.6 L Polo is just a badge to show but hardly any go !

Also im sure Petes will come up with a remap of the Tsi offering as soon as it is launched

PS - After market Turbos (as suggested for the 1.6) are hard to achieve the mechanical precision where as a remap is a safe bet

Last edited by karan561 : 7th February 2013 at 14:58.
Old 7th February 2013, 15:09   #38
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by brraj View Post
My suggestion as you drive daily for about 50-60 kms a day

- Buy Polo 1.6 tdi (yet to released) and remap it.
- Optra Magnum tcdi, remap it. All under 5lkhs.
The Polo 1.6 TDI returns just over 100 horses, 250 NM of torque (which is insane); but it limps to 100 kph in 11 seconds. Not to mention having to put up with the diesel noise and vibration. The Optra Magnum is an old car and I'd rather buy something with few (less than 10 - 15,000 kms on it); besides I am not a big fan of the Optra, I'd rather buy the previous generation Verna or Getz (if decent ones are available)

Quote:
Originally Posted by brraj View Post
If you insist on petrol
- Skoda octavia 1.8 vRS, remap it. It can even kill a remapped cruze easily and again all under 5lkhs.
Why buy a NA polo 1.6 and turbo charge it when you have a vrs ready with turbo + strong internals.
Even if you buy Polo 1.2 tsi and remap it you cant beat a remapped skoda 1.8vrs.
The Octy vRS would have been considered, but since we own a Laura 1.8 TSI , it makes no sense. Besides finding a hardly used reliable vRS will be next to impossible.

The NA polo 1.6 and then modding it out vs Polo 1.2 TSI (and in either case a remap will happen because the 1.2 TSI is also too slow) is what I am debating over. I am hoping that if I get 200-220 horses out of the 1.6 I'll be in a torquey 0-100 kph acceleration of around 6-6.5 seconds (maybe 6 if I do things correctly)

Quote:
Originally Posted by karan561 View Post
Wait for the 1.2 Tsi

1.6 L Polo is just a badge to show but hardly any go !

Also im sure Petes will come up with a remap of the Tsi offering as soon as it is launched

PS - After market Turbos (as suggested for the 1.6) are hard to achieve the mechanical precision where as a remap is a safe bet
Hi Karan,

How do you mean that "After market Turbos (as suggested for the 1.6) are hard to achieve the mechanical precision where as a remap is a safe bet" ?
I'd like to find out if I'm missing something in my research. Would it be possible to point me towards some resources discussing these things?
As for the Polo 1.6 being all bark no bite, that is why I want to get 200+ HP out of it!

Note from Support - Please use the "multi-quote" option to reply to multiple posts, instead of submitting back to back posts.

Last edited by n_aditya : 8th February 2013 at 09:43. Reason: Posts Merged.
Old 7th February 2013, 15:26   #39
BANNED

I have heard that Fiat is launching the Grande Punto Abarth you might also might want to check that out not sure when though.
Old 7th February 2013, 15:44   #40
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by imp! View Post
Hi Karan,

How do you mean that "After market Turbos (as suggested for the 1.6) are hard to achieve the mechanical precision where as a remap is a safe bet" ?
I'd like to find out if I'm missing something in my research. Would it be possible to point me towards some resources discussing these things?
As for the Polo 1.6 being all bark no bite, that is why I want to get 200+ HP out of it!
I meant pointing at the reliability of the turbo conversion

Not sure of any Polo 1.6 Turbo conversions yet.

Quote:
Originally Posted by imp! View Post
I am hoping that if I get 200-220 horses out of the 1.6 I'll be in a torquey 0-100 kph acceleration of around 6-6.5 seconds (maybe 6 if I do things correctly)
Regarding reaching 0-100 time in the 6 sec category is difficult coz the latest suppose like a 2013 VW Golf Gti with 232 hp manages a 6.7 sec run to the TON

Reference : http://www.autocar.co.uk/car-review/...ti/performance

& btw check out this a good VW 1.6 project (non turbo) From India;

http://www.quartermile.in/2012/beautyinbalance/

Last edited by karan561 : 7th February 2013 at 15:49.
karan561 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 7th February 2013, 16:06   #41
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by scarlet.fever View Post
I have heard that Fiat is launching the Grande Punto Abarth you might also might want to check that out not sure when though.
Thanks I'll do some research to see if I might be interested in the car!

Quote:
Originally Posted by karan561 View Post
I meant pointing at the reliability of the turbo conversion

Not sure of any Polo 1.6 Turbo conversions yet.

Regarding reaching 0-100 time in the 6 sec category is difficult coz the latest suppose like a 2013 VW Golf Gti with 232 hp manages a 6.7 sec run to the TON

Reference : http://www.autocar.co.uk/car-review/...ti/performance

& btw check out this a good VW 1.6 project (non turbo) From India;

http://www.quartermile.in/2012/beautyinbalance/
What you say about reliability of turbo mods is true, I am not satisfied with most mods I have seen, however I know a couple of people in the Motorsports scene in Bangalore, and furthermore, I am fairly confident that with diligent research and not skimping on the quality of components it should be possible to do a reliable Turbo Mod.

Yes I agree that a 6 s sprint to 60 mph is a bit optimistic. The Polo 1.4 TSI (180 HP version) does it in 6.9 s; so I feel that with around 200-220 HP 6.5 should be doable, after that, depending on the weight of the components and the law of diminishing returns, I may or may not be able to push for 6 s.

The Polo 1.2 accelerates to 100 kph in just under 10 seconds. Again, I know that this wouldn't satisfy me so I'd want to mod it eventually, just not while it was under warranty (so it will be 2 -4 years before I'd mod it), but I dunno what figures I'd be able to get out of it.

Last edited by imp! : 7th February 2013 at 16:11.
Old 18th February 2013, 19:47   #42
BHPian

Hello All,

Requesting anyone to let me know if polo tsi 1.2 would be launched and when?
Also I was told by vw dealer that polo 1.6 is discontinued, is that true?
Old 18th February 2013, 23:54   #43
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frontosa View Post
Requesting anyone to let me know if polo tsi 1.2 would be launched and when?
Also I was told by vw dealer that polo 1.6 is discontinued, is that true?
Hi Frontosa! Good to see you on the forum after a lull & more importantly good to see you still interested in the Polo

According to my sources, the 1.2 TSI & the 1.6 D are gonna be launched in the next couple of months.

Yes, the 1.6 P has been discontinued, it has been for a good 4-5 months now.
speed kills is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd February 2013, 20:17   #44
Senior - BHPian

Polo 1.6's engine block was made in zulu land (RSA).

Is it going to be the same story with 1.2 TSI and 1.6/1.5 diesel?
Old 13th March 2013, 00:54   #45
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by speed kills View Post

Hi Frontosa! Good to see you on the forum after a lull & more importantly good to see you still interested in the Polo

According to my sources, the 1.2 TSI & the 1.6 D are gonna be launched in the next couple of months.

Yes, the 1.6 P has been discontinued, it has been for a good 4-5 months now.

Thanks buddy! I checked all other cars and didnt find anyghing better except Jazz (for my needs) sadly discontinued- then wanted a petrol bit no tsi so dropped, thought will go wiyh same polo tdi atleast its powerful, but wifey told she wants vento instead , so its vento tdi highline for her. For me I will wait for either ecosport or polo tsi or gtd till then I m driving an ohc automatic with cng kit - lol
Frontosa is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks