Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories

Search this Thread
Old 13th July 2012, 01:45   #61
BHPian

Re: Modifying a Honda Jazz

Quote:
Originally Posted by mail4ajo View Post
Can you post the thai supplier or PM me? Want to check them out in Aug.
Bro,
Call this guy up 0086-6131119 and ask for the FPR.
Honda Brio :

This guy has Apexi FPRs.

If you are going to bkk, let me know, i may request you to get me a few small parts.
Old 14th August 2012, 09:48   #62
Senior - BHPian

I was advised against FPRs by someone, only because I don't need one. The stock setup works absolutely fine on Stage 1 mods. Is this true?

Also, can someone comment on the Kiirus remap for the Honda Jazz? Their Facebook page says it can be done and there is a bump of about 13+ HP to the stock 90 Bhp engine, and improves fuel efficiency by 10%. Sounds like a sweet deal to me.
9thsphinx is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th August 2012, 13:53   #63
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by 9thsphinx View Post
Also, can someone comment on the Kiirus remap for the Honda Jazz? Their Facebook page says it can be done and there is a bump of about 13+ HP to the stock 90 Bhp engine, and improves fuel efficiency by 10%. Sounds like a sweet deal to me.

Hey even I visited the Kiirus website but on doing a little more research on this forum I found a few members here are criticising their work. I am yet to find someone on team-bhp who is satisfied with their remaps. If I do, then probably I will go ahead with remapping my K12M.

Check out the link to get an idea of the reputation of kiirus over here.
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/modifi...ml#post2317435

Last edited by S2!!! : 14th August 2012 at 13:57.
Old 14th August 2012, 16:00   #64
Senior - BHPian

Has anyone been able to get the auto central locking done in the aftermarket for a Jazz?

I understand its a bit of a dampener asking for something like this on the mods thread but would appreciate any details for this as it is getting a bit too irritating.
Old 12th September 2012, 15:25   #65
BHPian

Quote:
Thanks to one post on another thread, I am listing my set of requirements that I want from the FFE I might do to my Jazz (This is quite alike to the one mentioned for the Gypsy in that thread).

1. Need the FFE ONLY for low end to mid range and not the mid/high or high range (the lower the better). The reason is that I use the Jazz only for city driving and not high speed driving.

2. The FFE should have a +ve effect on the low end torque. It should in no way decrease the already less low end torque in the Jazz.

3. Need the FFE to be silent. (should not be at all loud).

4. The sound of the FFE should be muted with a rumbling/bassy effect and should not a coarse sound.

5. The FFE should NOT have any -ve effect on the FE of the Jazz.

Now, what do you suggest. Where, how much.. what materials to use? CI, SS etc etc..
Hi 9thsphinx, did you get the FFE done on your Jazz? If Yes what's the result?

Thanks
Ekz
Old 12th September 2012, 16:37   #66
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jazzper View Post
Hi 9thsphinx, did you get the FFE done on your Jazz? If Yes what's the result?

Thanks
Ekz
Still looking. I just cannot decide on a particular manufacturer/installer who would design one specifically to my requirements. But then, I am not pursuing this project hard enough, as of now.

Slightly OT but I channeled my funds to buying a new i20 Asta Petrol for the wifey. So the Jazz mods will have to wait for a while!
Old 12th September 2012, 17:23   #67
BHPian

Quote:
Still looking. I just cannot decide on a particular manufacturer/installer who would design one specifically to my requirements. But then, I am not pursuing this project hard enough, as of now.

Slightly OT but I channeled my funds to buying a new i20 Asta Petrol for the wifey. So the Jazz mods will have to wait for a while!
Ok, Do update whenever its done. I am thinking of getting FFE from Automech but only after december (once 6months of owing is crossed) and wanted to know if anybody had done FFE on their Jazz and the result of the mod.
BTW is it necessary to have a custom air intake before we can go for FFE or just stock is enough?

Thanks
Ekz
Old 13th September 2012, 11:24   #68
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Ok, Do update whenever its done. I am thinking of getting FFE from Automech but only after december (once 6months of owing is crossed) and wanted to know if anybody had done FFE on their Jazz and the result of the mod.
BTW is it necessary to have a custom air intake before we can go for FFE or just stock is enough?

Thanks
Ekz
My reasons for installing the Cold Air Intake were mainly because of two things. One is to try and improve the low-end torque a bit and second was the sound it makes at higher RPM's. Both have been met. I also think there's a slight bump in raw horsepower. Not too sure about the increase in mileage claims though.

Also, I read somewhere on another thread that step 1 in modding is installing a CAI and then going in for the FFE. I'm just following the rules!

Last edited by 9thsphinx : 13th September 2012 at 11:25.
Old 13th September 2012, 17:48   #69
BHPian

Quote:
My reasons for installing the Cold Air Intake were mainly because of two things. One is to try and improve the low-end torque a bit and second was the sound it makes at higher RPM's. Both have been met. I also think there's a slight bump in raw horsepower. Not too sure about the increase in mileage claims though.

Also, I read somewhere on another thread that step 1 in modding is installing a CAI and then going in for the FFE. I'm just following the rules!
Thank you, If its not too much to ask for, can you post a video of the car so that i could see how different it sounds with CAI?
And i am sure that i have seen people doing only FFE sometimes without changing the intake, can any knowledged person throw some light on this dilema? Whether it is must to have CAI before FFE or not? Also if its a choice between CAI and FFE which is considered better in terms of performance?

Advance Thanks
Ekz
Old 14th September 2012, 10:04   #70
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Thank you, If its not too much to ask for, can you post a video of the car so that i could see how different it sounds with CAI?
And i am sure that i have seen people doing only FFE sometimes without changing the intake, can any knowledged person throw some light on this dilema? Whether it is must to have CAI before FFE or not? Also if its a choice between CAI and FFE which is considered better in terms of performance?

Advance Thanks
Ekz
Sure, yeah the video will be posted soon. But I doubt, the puny iPhone mic and what it captures will give you the right idea. Obviously, the read deal is something else.

Anyway, here's the thread that I was talking about. Stepwise information on how to modify your car. The Air Filter upgrade comes before the Free flow exhaust.

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/modify...-your-car.html
Old 14th September 2012, 14:18   #71
BHPian

Quote:
Sure, yeah the video will be posted soon. But I doubt, the puny iPhone mic and what it captures will give you the right idea. Obviously, the read deal is something else.

Anyway, here's the thread that I was talking about. Stepwise information on how to modify your car. The Air Filter upgrade comes before the Free flow exhaust.

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/modify...-your-car.html
Yeah i have read this article, its just that they does not specify the specific reason behind going for CAI before FFE. And like i asked if it is a choice between CAI and FFE which one whould be better?

Thanks
Ekz
Old 27th October 2012, 12:29   #72
BHPian

Quote:
Is the increase in low-end torque noticeable? Also, has there been any impact on the FE (positive / negative)?

Did you also get a panel air filter?

Do keep us posted on your experience with the Jazz mods!
Old 29th October 2012, 12:23   #73
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by qaqa View Post
Is the increase in low-end torque noticeable? Also, has there been any impact on the FE (positive / negative)?

Did you also get a panel air filter?

Do keep us posted on your experience with the Jazz mods!
A1. Yes, the increase in low-end torque is "noticeable". But, it's not substantial. The FE has gone down a bit, but that could very well be because my driving style has changed. I like the sound the CAI makes and I have been driving the Jazz hard to appreciate it.

A2. The panel/stock replacement filter assembly had to be removed to install the CAI. The Cosworth CAI is a bolt-on kit.

A3. No plans on modding it any further anytime soon - budget constraints! But the FFE will come in next whenever that happens.
Old 1st November 2012, 16:34   #74
BHPian

What model of the filter did you go for?
The setup looks more like a SRI.

If there is a pipe leading at the end of the filter to an outside body part, I probably missed it.

If not present, you should try and fabricate one. It will give you more low-end torque and high range hp, FE will also increase and idling will be better if your ecu still hasn't adjusted yet. But yeah your engine roar will go down so consider that.

Insert get a 2/2.5" inch pipe and route it to somewhere outside the engine bay where water during rains wouldn't accumulate (most people choose the empty space at either sides behind their front bumper)

Last edited by cvc2145 : 1st November 2012 at 16:36.
Old 3rd December 2012, 17:12   #75
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by selfdrive View Post
Has anyone been able to get the auto central locking done in the aftermarket for a Jazz?

I understand its a bit of a dampener asking for something like this on the mods thread but would appreciate any details for this as it is getting a bit too irritating.
I had the same question. Selfdrive, have you figured this out? If not anyone else?

Most Viewed