Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 30th January 2013, 16:39   #76
Senior - BHPian

Re: Modifying a Honda Jazz

Quote:
Originally Posted by crisscross View Post
I had the same question. Selfdrive, have you figured this out? If not anyone else?
Inquired with the dealer and the Jazz does not have or support an autolocking facility as factory defaults. However, you can have it enabled by installing third-party car lock systems (Autocop etc.)
Old 4th June 2013, 17:46   #77
BHPian

Hey 9thsphinx. How are you.

Long time no update. If you can manage, can you post a video of the sound of your CAI?

I have a Brio so whenever I can I wanna do similar mods like CAI and FFE for it and my requirements are very similar as yours.

Thanks. Cheers.
Old 7th June 2013, 13:38   #78
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by thumpingheart View Post
Hey 9thsphinx. How are you.

Long time no update. If you can manage, can you post a video of the sound of your CAI?

I have a Brio so whenever I can I wanna do similar mods like CAI and FFE for it and my requirements are very similar as yours.

Thanks. Cheers.
Here's the thing. I wouldn't mind putting up a video/audio of the sound and believe me I have tried recording one, but that recording and the real thing are two very separate things. The sound on the recording is bleak, thin and lacks substance. The real thing however gets loud and angry (almost drone like) when doing 100+ speeds and stays quite subtle and unobtrusive at lower RPMs. It's not a proper racecar sound, but it's as close as you can get with just one mod under the hood

BTW, I am still looking for a proper FFE system. Can't find a full SS setup that suits my tastes.

Last edited by 9thsphinx : 7th June 2013 at 13:39.
Old 23rd July 2013, 21:41   #79
BHPian

Would installing a FFE result in failure in Emission tests as the stock setup is removed?
Old 26th July 2013, 15:08   #80
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by altius View Post
Would installing a FFE result in failure in Emission tests as the stock setup is removed?
AFAIK, it's never a given that your car will definitely pass the test. However, in most of the cases, there's no problem. What you can also do, if it's extremely important, is install the catalytic converter/stock setup back, pass the test, and then remove it again.

On another note, anyone tried remapping their Jazz's yet? I've heard of some very minor Bhp gains (upto 10%) after the remap and wondering if it is worth the money. Actually, not many tuners remap iVtec engines - only one that I know of is Kiirus.
Old 18th February 2019, 11:17   #81
BHPian

Hi. I have 2016 Jazz AT. The mods suggested for OP still holds good for a AT as well?
TIA
Old 18th February 2019, 20:44   #82
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Astonite View Post
Hi. I have 2016 Jazz AT. The mods suggested for OP still holds good for a AT as well?
TIA
Hi, I have a 2015 Jazz CVT and for a while I explored some performance modifications options. I reached out to Wolf Moto in the second half of last year since I had seen very positive reviews of their remap work. They had not worked on a Jazz earlier but were honest about there not being a substantial jump in performance gains even after remapping. Pricing seemed quite reasonable but I didnt pursue this further. I didnt have too much confidence in the other players in the market either.

If you wanted to take the plunge, I would suggest a Wolf Moto remap and some exhaust mods to complement it. A performance air filter is something Im not fully convinced about but to each his own.
neil.jericho is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th February 2019, 13:55   #83
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by neil.jericho View Post
Hi, I have a 2015 Jazz CVT and for a while I explored some performance modifications options. I reached out to Wolf Moto in the second half of last year since I had seen very positive reviews of their remap work. They had not worked on a Jazz earlier but were honest about there not being a substantial jump in performance gains even after remapping. Pricing seemed quite reasonable but I didnt pursue this further. I didnt have too much confidence in the other players in the market either.

If you wanted to take the plunge, I would suggest a Wolf Moto remap and some exhaust mods to complement it. A performance air filter is something Im not fully convinced about but to each his own.
Thank you very much. Will talk to them. I spoke to Petes and they said they don't have any remaps for Petrol Jazz.
Old 18th July 2019, 11:32   #84

Quote:
Originally Posted by 9thsphinx View Post
Here's the thing. I wouldn't mind putting up a video/audio of the sound and believe me I have tried recording one, but that recording and the real thing are two very separate things. The sound on the recording is bleak, thin and lacks substance. The real thing however gets loud and angry (almost drone like) when doing 100+ speeds and stays quite subtle and unobtrusive at lower RPMs. It's not a proper racecar sound, but it's as close as you can get with just one mod under the hood

BTW, I am still looking for a proper FFE system. Can't find a full SS setup that suits my tastes.
I know this is a super old thread but i have a 2011 jazz and am thinking of CAI + FFE... wanted to check if you still have the car... and how far you got with the mods.

Also long term feedback on the CAI and if you recommend it

thanks in advance!
Old 6th January 2021, 12:12   #85
BHPian

Have gone through this thread & i am looking for such options too in my 2016 Jazz petrol. Spoke to Wolf Moto about a Stage 1+ remap for which I got a quote of 23K. If anyone have already done a wolf moto remap, would like to know the gains & the performance. Also looking for a combination of FFE and CAI. Any suggestions?

Thanks
Venki
Old 31st January 2021, 00:21   #86

Quote:
Originally Posted by 9thsphinx View Post
AFAIK, it's never a given that your car will definitely pass the test. However, in most of the cases, there's no problem. What you can also do, if it's extremely important, is install the catalytic converter/stock setup back, pass the test, and then remove it again.

On another note, anyone tried remapping their Jazz's yet? I've heard of some very minor Bhp gains (upto 10%) after the remap and wondering if it is worth the money. Actually, not many tuners remap iVtec engines - only one that I know of is Kiirus.
Hello sphinx, any idea of a reliable person who remaps in ahmedabad.
Old 8th February 2021, 10:35   #87
BHPian

Hi all. I have a Jazz CVT petrol which is mostly used in the city. I am trying to make it peppier especially to close the gaps in city traffic. The low end grunt is lacking, more so due to the sluggish cvt. I do use the paddle shifters judiciously to get around the cvt rubber band effect. Using it in the sport mode is slightly belter as the car drives in a lower gear and higher rpm which is where all the action is in these vtec engines.
I am planning to install a Pipercross air intake.
Old 15th February 2021, 17:20   #88
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Achalchoukhany View Post
Hello sphinx, any idea of a reliable person who remaps in ahmedabad.
I would have asked you to contact Vishal Tandon, Neighborhood Motors. Not sure if he still would be able to assist you now though. Do check with him though for options he may know about.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks