Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 30th October 2011, 18:06   #46
Senior - BHPian

Re: Philips India launches Daytime running lamps & an In-cabin Air purification syste

Quote:
Originally Posted by knp View Post
Guys, check our classifieds section. Varun had posted an add for a nice DRLs for 1250 shipped. I had got one pair and they are of excellent build quality.
Quote:
Originally Posted by knp View Post
I got them installed thorough a local mechanic. It's pretty simple install, but make sure all the joints and wiring has been done neatly to avoid any further issues. I will try to take few pictures to post here, but you can check-out the classified section, and Varun had posted few pictures. They are very good in quality and looks decent.

Had a close look at what Varun is offering. There is a picture of the DRLs glowing in a car's bumper but that's 5 LEDs and what he is selling is 8 LEDs one. Personally I like the 5 LEDs one because they will have bigger individual reflectors and will look more meaty.

One in DealExtreme looks more appealing. This one.

Philips India launches Daytime running lamps & an In-cabin Air purification system-44776.jpg
This is 53 dollars. So I have to take a call for this Vs. the INR 1250/- one.

Last edited by clevermax : 30th October 2011 at 18:09.
Old 1st November 2011, 10:17   #47
BHPian

Re: Philips India launches Daytime running lamps & an In-cabin Air purification syste

Quote:
Originally Posted by raj84 View Post
Eureka Forbes have a product similar to Go-Pure.It is called Euroair Pureair. The price is very reasonable(Rs 4600) compared to Go-Pure and seems(from the details mentioned in respective websites) to be more advanced than the Philips one. Only additional thing which Philips has, is a HESA filter.

http://www.eurekaforbes.com/air-puri...r-pureair.aspx

Some of the features of Pureair as mentioned in the site are:
6-Stage Air Purification
HEPA Filter
UV Lamp & Photocatalyst
Silver Nano Activated Carbon Filter
Ionizer

I had enquired about the total cost of ownership per year for Euroair Pureair with Eureka Forbes. They said it comes to around 1000-1300Rs per year(filter replacement)

I have purchased EuroAir PureAir and have posted the review in a new thread
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/modifi...-purifier.html
Old 4th November 2011, 19:34   #48
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by clevermax View Post
Had a close look at what Varun is offering. There is a picture of the DRLs glowing in a car's bumper but that's 5 LEDs and what he is selling is 8 LEDs one. Personally I like the 5 LEDs one because they will have bigger individual reflectors and will look more meaty.

One in DealExtreme looks more appealing. This one.

Attachment 834515
This is 53 dollars. So I have to take a call for this Vs. the INR 1250/- one.
Buddy, finalized anything yet?
Old 4th November 2011, 22:34   #49
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by quadra

Buddy, finalized anything yet?
Not yet.. I need one with relay, so that I can go away with the switch and the drls switches off while turning on headlamps.
Old 4th November 2011, 23:55   #50
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by clevermax View Post
Not yet.. I need one with relay, so that I can go away with the switch and the drls switches off while turning on headlamps.
Generally the cheaper ones doesn't come with the relay kit.
So the cost effective solution is to buy a 12V SPDT relay, which costs~ Rs.100.
You can use a splice connector in case if you don't want to cut the wires.
Here is my DIY using a relay for the DRLs (check the second part of my post): http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/offici...ml#post2502196
Old 12th November 2011, 17:09   #51
BHPian

Okay, this is what I understand. The philips DRL's are connected to the battery and there is no switch for switching them on or off.

Can one install a switch if needed? This way we can switch them on or off whenever required. I'm thinking of getting these, but I don't want mine to switch off when I switch on the headlights.
Old 12th November 2011, 23:39   #52
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeKay
Okay, this is what I understand. The philips DRL's are connected to the battery and there is no switch for switching them on or off.

Can one install a switch if needed? This way we can switch them on or off whenever required. I'm thinking of getting these, but I don't want mine to switch off when I switch on the headlights.
Yes you can install a switch if needed. All you need is wiring running from the DRLs to the switch in the cabin. You can buy a simple switch for 80-100 bucks or use an oem switch if you have space for it in you car.For instance if u don't have a defogger you can buy the oem defogger switch and use it for the DRL's.
k2max6 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 14th November 2011, 10:19   #53
Senior - BHPian

Hey guys, my Getzy got DRL's installed on her yesterday.

I owe it Biiiiig time to Sanju (Kimified) for sourcing me this and being with me through the installation.

There was a dummy switch available and the kid who installed the switch did a brilliant job of carving the switch slot into this one.

Sorry for the bad image quality, will be posting better pics soon.
Attached Thumbnails
Philips India launches Daytime running lamps & an In-cabin Air purification system-pdrls-1.jpg  

Philips India launches Daytime running lamps & an In-cabin Air purification system-pdrls-2.jpg  

Vik0728 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th November 2011, 10:43   #54
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vik0728 View Post

I owe it Biiiiig time to Sanju (Kimified) for sourcing me this and being with me through the installation.

There was a dummy switch available and the kid who installed the switch did a brilliant job of carving the switch slot into this one.

They are looking cool Vik0728

As you mentioned, I'd want to look at better pictures especially during day time.
I want to see if they hurt the oncoming driver.
Who knows, your pictures might just egg me on to do the same on my Punto
Old 14th November 2011, 10:43   #55
BANNED

Back to the air purifier - so how it work? Does it suck in ambient air clean it up and discharge it again with negative ions?

--Ragul
Old 14th November 2011, 10:53   #56
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hemanth.anand View Post
They are looking cool Vik0728

As you mentioned, I'd want to look at better pictures especially during day time.
I want to see if they hurt the oncoming driver.
Who knows, your pictures might just egg me on to do the same on my Punto
Thanks Hemanth.

Honestly, I don't think they would even bother an on-coming motorist. On the contrary, its easier for someone to notice a car coming. I saw this DRL on Sanju's(Kimified) I20 first and only then decided to go ahead.

There are a total of 12 LED's (6 each) and on a really bright day, you can see them light up individually from quite a distance as they are very cleverly placed.

Will post some better pics soon so that you get what I mean.

Last edited by Vik0728 : 14th November 2011 at 10:55.
Old 14th November 2011, 16:00   #57
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vik0728 View Post

I am glad i could help. I really like the placement The pics don't do justice. DRL's are tough to capture. Here is my try at it (The same DRL's) . http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-d...el-asta-3.html

For that money, I don't think there can be a better deal

Last edited by Kimified : 14th November 2011 at 16:01.
Old 15th November 2011, 08:37   #58
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kimified View Post
I am glad i could help. I really like the placement The pics don't do justice. DRL's are tough to capture. Here is my try at it (The same DRL's) . http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-d...el-asta-3.html

For that money, I don't think there can be a better deal

You bet Sanjay, for that money, its more than what one can hope for. I need to master the art of capturing them on a snap the way you have.

In fact you should really come and have a look at the way that kid placed the switch, its a perfect fit and like OEM like.
Old 16th November 2011, 11:22   #59
BHPian

Got Philips DRL Daylight 4 installed on my Swift. They cost me Rs.5500. Installation free. The installation took 30 mins.
Attached Thumbnails
Philips India launches Daytime running lamps & an In-cabin Air purification system-p1010339.jpg  

Philips India launches Daytime running lamps & an In-cabin Air purification system-p1010340.jpg  

Philips India launches Daytime running lamps & an In-cabin Air purification system-p1010341.jpg  

Philips India launches Daytime running lamps & an In-cabin Air purification system-p1010342.jpg  

Philips India launches Daytime running lamps & an In-cabin Air purification system-p1010343.jpg  

Philips India launches Daytime running lamps & an In-cabin Air purification system-p1010344.jpg  

Dolphin is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 16th November 2011, 14:48   #60
BHPian

Hey Dolphin, those DRLs look neat. Where did you purchase them? Did you install them yourself too?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks