Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 18th December 2011, 21:42   #106
Senior - BHPian

Re: Philips India launches Daytime running lamps & an In-cabin Air purification syste

Quote:
Originally Posted by SDP View Post
That's a fantastic snap clevermax! Your car looks even more beautiful with those DRLs, they are quite bright and 2.3K is a very reasonable price. Which brand is this?
Thank you SDP. Sorry I just forgot the brand.. I shipped it from dealextreme.com which offers international shipping. The box contained instructions in most of European languages. I am happy with the LEDs but the only worry is that they are not spaced apart from each other to my satisfaction

Last edited by clevermax : 18th December 2011 at 21:43.
clevermax is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th December 2011, 11:46   #107
BHPian

Re: Philips India launches Daytime running lamps & an In-cabin Air purification syste

Picked up the Telefunken DRLs at the Bangalore Auto show yesterday for 3.5K. Any pointers to the installation done with photos would be helpful.

The product is of very good quality and consists of 8 LEDs in each strip. Bought is as I was getting a Rs. 500 discount as well. MRP is Rs.3950.

@speedkills, You have got it installed on your Polo right? Can you please share some photos? I need to decide on the best position for Fabia installation and I think Polo fit might match the Fabia.

Also, confused about the kind of installation as well. Should I use it only during daytime and/or keep it on with the headlights on as well? Not sure. Will attach the photos of the DRLs tomorrow.

Thanks in advance.

Cheers
Old 19th December 2011, 13:25   #108
Senior - BHPian

Congrats r0ckstar.1 on picking up some cool accessory for you Fab.

8 LEDs in each strip is probably the highest yet, since I have 6 LED's on each in mine and I thought that was max.

Prashanth (Speedkills) has wired the DRL to come on with the ignition if I am right. I think you might want to add an additional switch to over ride the DRL just in case you don't want it "staying on" all the time.
Vik0728 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd December 2011, 12:15   #109
BHPian

Yo People, I got me car a DRL about 4 months back. Its the Philips 5-LED and although I wasn't sure it was worth the investment, I was more than satisfied when I had it installed. I got it here in Dubai for Dhs.450 which roughly translates to Rs.5650 approx. Its similar to the one installed by a previous TBHPian and works in the day (as is supposed to be). Brilliant I should say. And as for comments that a DRL would only suit as an OEM fitment in an Audi, Mercedes or a BMW, I beg to differ. One doesn't expect such fitments on sub 20 Lakh cars and when its there, it looks the part.

Cherio
Champion

Note: Pardon the shabby interiors of my garage, my driver's to blame
Attached Thumbnails
Philips India launches Daytime running lamps & an In-cabin Air purification system-innova-led.jpg  

Philips India launches Daytime running lamps & an In-cabin Air purification system-led.jpg  

Philips India launches Daytime running lamps & an In-cabin Air purification system-philipsdrl.jpg  

Champion is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 22nd December 2011, 22:56   #110
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by clevermax View Post
One more planned click with DRLs:
Wow!! Excellent picture
Could you please share the camera settings for this pic?
Is the pic taken from a moving vehicle or edited?
Old 22nd December 2011, 23:02   #111
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by r0ckstar.1 View Post
Also, confused about the kind of installation as well. Should I use it only during daytime and/or keep it on with the headlights on as well? Not sure. Will attach the photos of the DRLs tomorrow.

Thanks in advance.

Cheers
Please refer to my previous post on how I installed them - automatically ON during daytime and OFF during night - that means they turn off automatically as soon as you turn on headlamps. That's the norm and that's why they care called Daytime Running Lamps. In some cars however, it just gets dimmed while turning on headlamps.

Quote:
Originally Posted by salbin View Post
Wow!! Excellent picture
Could you please share the camera settings for this pic?
Is the pic taken from a moving vehicle or edited?
Thank you! I used a Sony SLT-A35 with 18-55mm lens & a CPL. The car wasn't moving and the motion blur was later added on in post processing. I was all alone to make this picture, otherwise I could have clicked from another car giving natural motion blur to it..

The cam settings were
1/125s, ISO200, f/5.6 @ 35mm taken in manual mode.

Last edited by clevermax : 22nd December 2011 at 23:06.
clevermax is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th December 2011, 14:12   #112
BHPian

Got my Telefunken DRLs installed last saturday. Here are the snaps post the installation. It was done very nicely by Auto Fusion at Koramangala. I always wanted the DRLs below the headlight units and hence chose these positions. Let me know what you guys think about this installation.

Cheers
Attached Thumbnails
Philips India launches Daytime running lamps & an In-cabin Air purification system-img_1174.jpg  

Philips India launches Daytime running lamps & an In-cabin Air purification system-img_1175_upload.jpg  

Philips India launches Daytime running lamps & an In-cabin Air purification system-img_1176.jpg  

r0ckstar.1 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 26th December 2011, 19:30   #113
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by r0ckstar.1
Got my Telefunken DRLs installed last saturday. Here are the snaps post the installation. It was done very nicely by Auto Fusion at Koramangala. I always wanted the DRLs below the headlight units and hence chose these positions. Let me know what you guys think about this installation.

Cheers
Nice ones rock star. Where did you purchase them and what is the cost?
Old 27th December 2011, 00:27   #114
BHPian

Quote:

Cheers
Neatly done r0ckstar! Doesn't look like an aftermarket job at all.
I too wanted that position for the DLR's. Unfortunately the Fog Lamps had other plans

Like Vik said, the DRL's I've fitted to the Polo turn on as soon as the ignition is turned on. I wanted the DLR to turn off once the headlight are turned on, but unfortunately that didn't work with the Polo.

Last edited by speed kills : 27th December 2011 at 00:41.
Old 27th December 2011, 09:38   #115
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

Got my Telefunken DRLs installed last saturday. Let me know what you guys think about this installation.

Cheers

Just one thought about your installation r0ckstar.1.."FAB-STAR" !!

The placement of those DRL's are pin point for my Personal Liking. I always thought that POLO and VENTO are probably the only 2 cars from the modern era that can carry off an after-market DRL's due to the design.
But a DRL on a Fabia in the Fog Lamp Cluster, just blew my Notions to hell bro !!

Quote:
Originally Posted by speed kills View Post

Neatly done r0ckstar! Doesn't look like an aftermarket job at all.
I too wanted that position for the DLR's. Unfortunately the Fog Lamps had other plans

Like Vik said, the DRL's I've fitted to the Polo turn on as soon as the ignition is turned on. I wanted the DLR to turn off once the headlight are turned on, but unfortunately that didn't work with the Polo.
I couldn't agree more with you Prashanth on that. If only there was a little more space above/beside the fog lamp cluster on the polo, the DRL's would have looked a complete OEM.

To be honest, your current DRL's still look way too good bro.
Only glitch IMHO is that it comes on and stays on with ignition. I think you should probably think about installing a cut-out switch sometime soon.
Old 27th December 2011, 10:55   #116
BHPian

These looks amazing Rockstar!
Could you post some more close-up pictures? Are they neatly integrated into the Fog lamp cluster or are they just stuck on the outside?
Old 29th December 2011, 17:24   #117
BHPian

Thanks Guys. Glad you liked the mounting position. The installation is done in such a way that it stays ON with the ignition. It's a personal choice to not have a switch to turn it off, as I like them with the headlights too. Looks glamarous and expensive .

Initially I wanted to source a aftermarket fog lamps and get them fitted, as I find the lower bumper area of the car to be a bit boring. But, I understand that there doesn't seem to be one available in India and no one willing to fit one sourced from outside (like superskoda.com).

To mount these DRLs the plastic covering the fog lamp area was cut exactly to the measurement of the DRLs and they were attached using superglue and saw dust. Hence, it looks like a factory fit. Will post the closer snapshot sometime later. Here is a snap taken from my mobile at my office car park with all the lights. If only I can get the headlights too in bluish white, I think it will look even better. Any suggestions on such lights with a better throw compared to the stock headlights? THe stock is 55/60W and is more yellowish.

These DRLs are available at Auto Fusion in Koramangala and will cost close to 4K.
Attached Thumbnails
Philips India launches Daytime running lamps & an In-cabin Air purification system-img_1181.jpg  

Old 30th December 2011, 18:13   #118
Senior - BHPian

Hey r0ckstar.1 you got it right, it looks a bit out of place with those OEM headlights turned on.
From what I have on my Stead, these DRL's have a very different throw and IMHO no Headlight bulbs can match it exactly. But I have installed 90/100 Philips Crystal Vision Bulbs in my Headlight assembly and they are pretty Bright and White!!

I wouldn't want to even get close to commenting on Skoda appreciating after market installments, but if you can really pull it off, you should try getting a similar setup on your Fab!! The difference will surely not be this glaring.
Old 30th December 2011, 18:25   #119
BHPian

Quote:
If only I can get the headlights too in bluish white, I think it will look even better. Any suggestions on such lights with a better throw compared to the stock headlights? THe stock is 55/60W and is more yellowish.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vik0728 View Post
But I have installed 90/100 Philips Crystal Vision Bulbs in my Headlight assembly and they are pretty Bright and White!!
I too added the Philips 90/100 Crystal Vision bulbs. They're bright & they compliment the colors of the DRL.
I've changed my parking bulbs too to the Philips Ultinon LED 6000k.

Now, the only thing pending are the Fog's

Last edited by speed kills : 30th December 2011 at 18:48.
Old 30th March 2012, 15:40   #120
BHPian

Would installing a DRL void my Honda warranty?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks