Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories

Search this Thread
Old 12th July 2011, 14:08   #16
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Philips India launches Daytime running lamps & an In-cabin Air purification syste

Quote:
Originally Posted by John View Post
I've just fitted the Philips 4 led DRL's on my Innova. They are extremely bright.
The kit contained everything one needs to install them and the lights themselves are housed in an extremely rugged enclosure. The cost of the kit was Rs.4500 plus taxes.
Hi,like everybody else,i'm also requesting for a look of your Innova with DRLs and also the place from where you procured it.PM me the address.
Thanks in advance
Old 12th July 2011, 14:12   #17
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Philips India launches Daytime running lamps & an In-cabin Air purification syste

I have been thinking of getting DRL for my car. Daylight4 looks like a good option. Waiting for more details.

@John: Waiting for the pics.
Old 12th July 2011, 14:29   #18
Distinguished - BHPian

Waiting for the pics John.

I have been using DRL's on my Swift for sometime now. I have a smaller one right now and a bigger one (like Philips) waiting to be installed when the current model goes kaput. It's performing really well but I can say that it's not as good as Philips. But something for under 500 is always good.

Is it worth spending so much for Philips? Since this is low to the bumper it's calling for problems like water seepage. My current DRL's got 8 LED's and out of it two went kaput due to water seepage. But fortunately after few days, it started working.
Old 12th July 2011, 15:28   #19
BHPian

Re: Philips India launches Daytime running lamps

Here are the pics. I installed these myself, took a couple of hrs to complete. Have connected these to the parking lights. The DRL's turn on when the engine is started and turn off when either the engine is switched off or the parking lights are turned on. In the third picture the DRL's and p/l's are on. This was before I connected the p/l's. It's quite funny during the day when people on the road point to you and indicate that your lights are on!

Got these from A K Traders, J C Rd, Blr. They are authorised dealers for Philips automotive lighting.

@naveen.raju : installed these just below the bonnet, no worries about water seepage.
Attached Thumbnails
Philips India launches Daytime running lamps & an In-cabin Air purification system-img_0100.jpg  

Philips India launches Daytime running lamps & an In-cabin Air purification system-img_0103.jpg  

Philips India launches Daytime running lamps & an In-cabin Air purification system-img_0107.jpg  

Last edited by John : 12th July 2011 at 15:41.
John is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 12th July 2011, 18:36   #20
BHPian

On the page, if you click on where to buy, it takes you to a bunch of UK websites, are you sure that this is available in India?
Old 12th July 2011, 18:55   #21
BANNED

Infractions: 0/1 (7)

I don't know about other cities in India, but in Bombay I see absolutely no use for DRLs.
Old 1st August 2011, 11:45   #22
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by John View Post
I've just fitted the Philips 4 led DRL's on my Innova. They are extremely bright.
The kit contained everything one needs to install them and the lights themselves are housed in an extremely rugged enclosure. The cost of the kit was Rs.4500 plus taxes.
hey dude the same kit here in Mumbai is priced at 6000 how come so much of difference? and the other one is for 10000.
Old 1st August 2011, 12:35   #23
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by msupercool View Post
hey dude the same kit here in Mumbai is priced at 6000 how come so much of difference? and the other one is for 10000.
The MRP is 6K. However the dealer quoted me Rs.4500 + 14% VAT. The other models are the 5 LED and the 8 LED so prices will be higher than the 4 LED model.
Old 1st August 2011, 12:51   #24
Senior - BHPian

8LED's one cost around 8.5 to 9K in B'lore. I'm not aware of the price of 4/5 LED's
Old 1st August 2011, 12:56   #25
Distinguished - BHPian

Nice one there John. I hope you had gone for the bigger one.
Since these are too expensive for my liking, I decided to stick with Chinese DRL's. I bought two pairs which cost around 300/-. After a lot of abuse, it's working fine.
Old 1st August 2011, 13:02   #26
BHPian

I think these are priced too high. One could easily get LED strips for ~500 Rs from a good electronics store.

I am using LEDs inserted into my Fog lamps holders. I am using them as day time running lights on highways with good effect.

Please see here
Old 1st August 2011, 13:09   #27
Senior - BHPian

No offence to anyone,but why so much of fuss over DRL's?
they look good as OEM's in Audi's and all.
but somehow,these aftermarket one's look whacky(As you dont really have a proper place to install these),and that too after spending like 5K for them???.
One can rather get nice projectors and HID's
akshay4587 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 1st August 2011, 14:28   #28
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by naveen.raju View Post
Nice one there John. I hope you had gone for the bigger one.
Since these are too expensive for my liking, I decided to stick with Chinese DRL's. I bought two pairs which cost around 300/-. After a lot of abuse, it's working fine.
@naveen.raju : can you post a picture of these Chinese DRL's
Old 1st August 2011, 14:31   #29
Distinguished - BHPian

This is what I have. The new ones are similar to the ones you have but for 300/-
Attached Thumbnails
Philips India launches Daytime running lamps & an In-cabin Air purification system-img00174201101261545.jpg  

Philips India launches Daytime running lamps & an In-cabin Air purification system-img00182201101261905.jpg  

Old 1st August 2011, 15:25   #30
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by naveen.raju View Post
This is what I have. The new ones are similar to the ones you have but for 300/-
Nice. How are they wired? Are they automatic like the Philips or do you have a separate switch?

Most Viewed