Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 16th November 2011, 20:39   #61
BHPian

Re: Philips India launches Daytime running lamps & an In-cabin Air purification syste

Quote:
Originally Posted by DieselDestiny View Post
Hey Dolphin, those DRLs look neat. Where did you purchase them? Did you install them yourself too?
I purchased them at Car Boutique (Mysore Road). They were installed by the installer at this shop. Pretty simple as I observed.
Old 17th November 2011, 09:18   #62
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dolphin
Got Philips DRL Daylight 4 installed on my Swift. They cost me Rs.5500. Installation free. The installation took 30 mins.
Does installation involve cutting or splicing any wire ? Does the kit include a relay ??have you connected these to the parking lamps??
Old 17th November 2011, 18:23   #63
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sagarpadaki

Does installation involve cutting or splicing any wire ? Does the kit include a relay ??have you connected these to the parking lamps??
A relay is not required for DRL's as the total power consumption will be less than the position lights inside the head lights.
Old 17th November 2011, 19:08   #64
BHPian

Re: Philips India launches Daytime running lamps & an In-cabin Air purification syste

The DRL's that varun is offering in classifieds, does it come with the option to switch them ON / Off OR it stays ON when you start the car?
Old 17th November 2011, 19:27   #65
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sagarpadaki View Post
@sagar,

The following pictures give a better idea.

No there is no relay. No cutting of wires required. If connecting to the parking switch, splicing may be required but I am not sure as I have not got the DRLs connected to the parking. They are always ON.

The fuse box (plastic tube) like thing that you see on the battery is a vibration sensor (included in the DRL package). Since the DRLs switch ON and OFF automatically, this is the device that helps in sensing whether the car is running or not. As soon as you start the car the DRLs switch ON and switch OFF 5 secs after the engine is shut OFF. When the engine is OFF just vibrate the fuse box thing with your hand, the DRLs switch ON and switch OFF after 5 secs.

Maybe I am totally wrong about the vibration thing, but this is what the installer said, and I experimented when the engine was OFF and the DRLs switched ON on vibrating the fuse box (tube) thing.
Attached Thumbnails
Philips India launches Daytime running lamps & an In-cabin Air purification system-p1010346.jpg  

Philips India launches Daytime running lamps & an In-cabin Air purification system-p1010347.jpg  

Philips India launches Daytime running lamps & an In-cabin Air purification system-p1010348.jpg  

Last edited by Dolphin : 17th November 2011 at 19:37.
Dolphin is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 17th November 2011, 19:32   #66
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vik0728 View Post
Hey guys, my Getzy got DRL's installed on her yesterday.

I owe it Biiiiig time to Sanju (Kimified) for sourcing me this and being with me through the installation.
Your Getz looks Cool with those DRLs man, Did you get a relay fixed for these? how much did this setup of DRL cost?

Planning to get a set for my Verna.
Old 18th November 2011, 09:57   #67
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pr_ans View Post
Your Getz looks Cool with those DRLs man, Did you get a relay fixed for these? how much did this setup of DRL cost?

Planning to get a set for my Verna.
Hey pr_ans thanks for your comments buddy. Don't want to sound cheesy here, but trust me, it looks much better in flesh!!

The entire setup costed me 1.2k including shipping and I paid another 300 bucks for the fitting. You don't need any relay since you can opt for a Stand-alone switch for these DRL's.

All Thanks to Kimified(Sanjay) who first got it on his Uber Cool !!
Old 18th November 2011, 12:18   #68
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dolphin View Post
Maybe I am totally wrong about the vibration thing, but this is what the installer said, and I experimented when the engine was OFF and the DRLs switched ON on vibrating the fuse box (tube) thing.
It is not due to the vibration. I have also installed the same in my car. It senses the change in voltage. In idle mode when the car is not start the voltage at the battery is close to 12.6-12.8 volts but as the car is started it is above 13.8 volts. It senses this and switches on the DRL.

It is some thing similar to this module...

Amazon.com: Axxess XSVI-6502 C.A.N. Data Turn On Interface: Car Electronics

It turns on the equipment when the engine starts
low_bass_makker is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th November 2011, 12:35   #69
Senior - BHPian

It could have sensed the battery charging to turn the DRLs ON too. Sensing vibration is too crude way of doing it.
Old 18th November 2011, 12:39   #70
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by low_bass_makker View Post
It is not due to the vibration. I have also installed the same in my car. It senses the change in voltage. In idle mode when the car is not start the voltage at the battery is close to 12.6-12.8 volts but as the car is started it is above 13.8 volts. It senses this and switches on the DRL.

It is some thing similar to this module...

Amazon.com: Axxess XSVI-6502 C.A.N. Data Turn On Interface: Car Electronics

It turns on the equipment when the engine starts
Hey, thanks for the info. What you say and point to certainly makes sense technically. Also, the DRL kit has an electronic starter.

But what amuses me is that, on shaking that tube thing the DRLs turn ON! What is that component? Is it a fuse? Does the same happen on your car?

If such a thing does not happen on your car, or any other car with this equipment, then I think there is something wrong with this stuff on my car.
Old 18th November 2011, 13:03   #71
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dolphin View Post

If such a thing does not happen on your car, or any other car with this equipment, then I think there is something wrong with this stuff on my car.
It does not work when I shake the starter. It must be loose wiring which could be the culprit in your car !!!
Old 18th November 2011, 14:43   #72
BANNED

I saw somewhere that Telefunken have also entered the market.
Old 18th November 2011, 16:02   #73
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vik0728 View Post
Hey pr_ans thanks for your comments buddy. Don't want to sound cheesy here, but trust me, it looks much better in flesh!!

The entire setup costed me 1.2k including shipping and I paid another 300 bucks for the fitting. You don't need any relay since you can opt for a Stand-alone switch for these DRL's.

All Thanks to Kimified(Sanjay) who first got it on his Uber Cool !!
Thanks for the info Vik, Please let me know the webpage from where you ordered these (Are they ordered from Varun in the TBHP classifieds section by any chance?)

Also let me know where you got them fixed in Bangalore.

I appreciate your help on this Bro, Thanx in advance.

Regards,
Prasanth
Old 21st November 2011, 10:52   #74
Senior - BHPian

pr_ans I did not order these myself but a fellow bhpian Sanjay (Handle - Kimified) took all the trouble and did it for me. Owe him big time.
You can probably check with him for the link and place an order, which I believe is pretty simple.

For the fitting, I had been to Konark near Jaydeva flyover. The owner "Raju" is a good friend of mine and has some talented kids working for him there. Let me know in case you need any assistance.
Old 21st November 2011, 11:06   #75
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by sgiitk View Post
I saw somewhere that Telefunken have also entered the market.
I saw these Telefunken DRL's and they were of excellent quality. 8 LED's for around 4.5K. Quality is way better than the chines ones and cost is half of Philips.

Telefunken is a German company and is pretty well known.

Worth a look for people looking at good quality DRL's but can't shell out for the philips.
Vid6639 is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks