Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories

Search this Thread
Old 18th May 2011, 16:42   #1
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Philips India launches Daytime running lamps & an In-cabin Air purification system

Information as received in the press release

Philip Go-Pure Clean Air System:

Philips India launches Daytime running lamps & an In-cabin Air purification system-philips-gopure-automotive-air-cleaning-system-custom.jpg

- Offers filtering tech that removes harmful gases, viruses, bacteria, odor and fine particles from the cabin.

- The system is equipped with a 3 stage air improvement indicator and an LED signature that measures the concentration of particulates, showing how the cabin air improves (Normal: Dark Purple, Cleaner: Light Purple, Very Clean: Blue, Filter Replacement Needed: Red).

- It also has a night driving mode with light sensors for automatic diming. The Philips GoPure system is priced at INR 12,000.

Philips daytime running lamps

Philips India launches Daytime running lamps & an In-cabin Air purification system-philips-drls-day-time-running-lamp-.jpg

- Intended for day-time driving, the Philips LED DayLight 4 and LED DayLight 8 ensure an improvement of the car’s visibility to oncoming vehicles or pedestrians.

- LED DayLight 4 enables drivers to switch from halogen to an LED light source during the day. Claimed lifetime of more than 5,000 hours.

- LED DayLight 8 can stay on 24/7 thanks to its dimmable function. Claimed lifetime of more than 10,000 hours.

- LED DayLight4 and LED DayLight8 are priced in the range of INR 6,500 – 10,000.
GTO is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 18th May 2011, 16:52   #2
Senior - BHPian

Re: Philips India launches Daytime running lamps & an In-cabin Air purification syste

This is good news. I don't know if any other manufacturer in India has introduced the Go-pure like system in India.

How about the compatibility of daytime running lamps?
Old 18th May 2011, 16:56   #3
Senior - BHPian

Re: Philips India launches Daytime running lamps & an In-cabin Air purification syste

DRLs won't sell for functionality, but probably for vanity.
The Go-pure is an interesting product, but we'll have to wait and watch if it will sell at that price point.
What's the price of the filter, btw?
Old 18th May 2011, 16:57   #4
Senior - BHPian

I superlike the Clean Air system. Any idea if this will be a fixed unit or free to move?
it would be interesting to know the life and price of the filter too
Also, would appreciate if there is any info on the energy source; is it linked to the car battery or individual battery/ any other source?

I also hope the LEDs dont become a nuisance for oncoming traffic a la the high beam situation
Old 18th May 2011, 18:35   #5
BANNED

Infractions: 0/1 (9)

Would the Clean Air system work in a soft top gypsy/jeep?

Curious.
Old 18th May 2011, 18:43   #6
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ragul View Post
Would the Clean Air system work in a soft top gypsy/jeep?

Curious.
I guess it will work, but will be of no use.

IMHO, It can only be of use in a closed system.
Old 18th May 2011, 19:11   #7
Senior - BHPian

The products seem to be of good quality (visually), but I think DRL's are priced way to high for a common Joe to purchase them. IMHO

Cheers
Old 18th May 2011, 19:50   #8
Senior - BHPian

More info here :

Designed for safety

There's a nice and small video that shows the install and the positioning of the DRLs.

Last edited by smsrini : 18th May 2011 at 19:51.
smsrini is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 31st May 2011, 13:25   #9
BHPian

The picture in the first post of the DRL is not DayLight 4 or DayLight 8. It is simply called Philips LED Daytime lights and is the most powerful in the lot with a 10W lighting system. DayLight 4 is only 5W and DayLight 8 is only 6W. I have one fitted on my GT. It is very effective in twilight and looks good too.

Picture is updated in my gallery and in my my ownership thread.
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/long-t...ml#post2302283
jaguar.runs is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 31st May 2011, 13:59   #10
BHPian

i like the lights but when will this be available in the markets?
Old 31st May 2011, 14:26   #11
BHPian

Both the products look good but are priced high, I hope the prices will come down in a couple of months. Weren't the DRLs available be around 2.5K in the grey market?
Old 31st May 2011, 14:32   #12
BHPian

I'm happier to see the DRL's cause finally we have a reputed brand selling this. Means better quality, guarantee and longer life. While it comes at a premium, I'm sure the build quality will be much better as well.

As for the air-purification system, the Verna I booked comes with it built in. At least I guess that's what it is. lol..

On a separate note, the air purification system would need quite a bit of upkeep taking into consideration the dusty conditions we have here. Especially if someone is used to driving with the windows down..

But its still good to know its out there in case we want one.
Old 12th July 2011, 12:55   #13
BHPian

I've just fitted the Philips 4 led DRL's on my Innova. They are extremely bright.
The kit contained everything one needs to install them and the lights themselves are housed in an extremely rugged enclosure. The cost of the kit was Rs.4500 plus taxes.
Old 12th July 2011, 13:08   #14
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by John View Post
I've just fitted the Philips 4 led DRL's on my Innova. They are extremely bright.
The kit contained everything one needs to install them and the lights themselves are housed in an extremely rugged enclosure. The cost of the kit was Rs.4500 plus taxes.
Hey John,would love to see some pictures.I am planning to install them on my ANHC.
Old 12th July 2011, 13:30   #15
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by cityvic View Post
Hey John,would love to see some pictures.I am planning to install them on my ANHC.

Sure. Will post some today.
John is offline   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed