Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 25th March 2012, 11:50   #196
Senior - BHPian

Re: Advice on CNG Conversion

Quote:
Originally Posted by ptaneja View Post
How is it running on petrol ? any sluggishness ? Mileage ?

If it's behaving perfectly in petrol, then get the kit inspected - faulty Lambda or TAP or some issue with setting can cause this.
In petrol she's behaving perfectly fine, only in cng i feel sluggishness, frequently in 2nd gear. I went to cng installer, the guy there did some tuning with screwdriver, he said it'll be fine. Let's see if it works out or not.

Sameer
Old 25th March 2012, 15:20   #197
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sameerg001 View Post
In petrol she's behaving perfectly fine, only in cng i feel sluggishness, frequently in 2nd gear. I went to cng installer, the guy there did some tuning with screwdriver, he said it'll be fine. Let's see if it works out or not.

Sameer
If it's screwdriver, then most likely he has tweaked the CNG flow. You should have noticed a decreased idle RPM since he has reduced the CNG flow to increase mileage.
Old 25th March 2012, 16:19   #198
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
If it's screwdriver, then most likely he has tweaked the CNG flow. You should have noticed a decreased idle RPM since he has reduced the CNG flow to increase mileage.
Yes, look like the same. Got cng filled today came about 8.5 kg for 100 kms. Lets hope next times it increases.

Sameer
Old 25th March 2012, 22:54   #199
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by caabhishek View Post
Hi

As mentioned in my earlier posts in this thread please find here the installations pics for my Swift Vxi. I have installed Lovato Kit from Eco Fuel Systems Thane and details of the research are mentioned earlier. This is an Advanced Closed Loop system with all the components of Lovato including the Lambda and the step up motor. The cylinder is of 14kg capacity which fills upto 10Kg. The installation was good and the car gave good response to the system.

I have driven around 500kms post the installation and car is perfectly fine. Abosolutely no drop in performance with AC on and Bumper to Bumper Mumbai Traffic as well as on the Highway (have done a speed of 120kmph on CNG). The mileage given by the car is around 22-23km/kg. I drive from Thane to BKC everyday and hence its a mix of city traffic drive and HW drive.

The only thing I was worrying about the spare wheel as to now how would I remove that. I didnt check on this with Rajesh while taking the delivery of the car as was getting late for office. I went to him today and asked him the question and then he asked his guy to show how the wheel is removed. It can be taken out after removing the backrest of the rear seat. It needs to be put down and then removed. Then the spare wheel can be removed safely.

@Jassy1313 - The is not at all behaving like the symptoms you are saying for your Swift which I presume is more of tuning issue. No wobbling of the interiors, The car doesnt get turned off while slowing down or braking, the engine check light is not on. Also I didnt feel my car to be more bouncier. You have also got Lovato kit and this guy from whom I have installed the kit is the Authorised Distributor of Lovato for entire Mumbai and Thane region. This guy have really skilled men for tuning and all. Might be you can try showing your car to this guy for tuning and he will be able to fix the issues you are facing. If you have also bought the kit from Authorised Dealer your warranty should work here and this guy should not charge you.

@AGP - Did you also get your car converted? If yes from where and hows the car working now and how was the installation?

Regards
Abhi
Mine is also lovato. Can you pleae post photos of 3 boxes pls seen in pic 5 ? currently labels are not readable.

Last edited by idea : 25th March 2012 at 22:55.
Old 29th March 2012, 14:42   #200
Senior - BHPian

Going in for the conversion of my Fiat Linea 1.4 2009 model to cng as the fuel prices are soaring day by day. After reading here and other sources, going in for the sequential kit but am unsure about where to head to for installation and which brand to go for.

There are so many fakes in the market and on top of that Linea in particular following canbus system is a little dingy to work with, so want to go in for a tried and tested installer who has worked on a SI kit before.

Got a few quotes -
1. Eco gas - Emer kit, 1 yr warranty and 1,50,000 kms warranty on injectors, cost quoted is 55,000 with rc endorsement.

2. Tara automobiles (a member maglev got his ritz cng'd there) - He was talking of some anygas or le gas - the line was distorted, 52,000 with rc.

3. Expert cng - BRC kit with 2 yrs warranty, 55,000 with rc and some Best Prins 58,000 with RC.

Any suggestions?
Old 29th March 2012, 16:48   #201
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by coolboy007 View Post
Going in for the conversion of my Fiat Linea 1.4 2009 model to cng as the fuel prices are soaring day by day. After reading here and other sources, going in for the sequential kit but am unsure about where to head to for installation and which brand to go for.
Any specific reason why you want to go for a sequential kit which needs perfect worksmanship and costs higher for a 1.4 car. What I understand is a good Advanced Closed Loop should be good till engine capacity of 1.5. Even I am driving a Swift 1.3 which has a Advanced Closed Loop Lovato system, and doesnt really feel the difference. The performance is same as petrol. But the thing is I have gone for original Lovato Lambda.

Last edited by caabhishek : 29th March 2012 at 16:49.
Old 29th March 2012, 17:08   #202
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Going in for the conversion of my Fiat Linea 1.4 2009 model to cng as the fuel prices are soaring day by day.
Clever decision I must say.

Quote:
Tara automobiles (a member maglev got his ritz cng'd there) - He was talking of some anygas or le gas - the line was distorted, 52,000 with rc.
Even I got my 2010 Ritz CNGed from him in May 2011, I have done almost 17.5k kms after that. Everyone including MASS suggested that a normal kit won't be successful with K series engine of Ritz but my car is doing absolutely fine even with normal kit. I got the normal kit for around 26 k and paid around 4k for the endorsement.

The propriter of Tara dutt auto Mr. Sunil is a very knowledgeable person and has in depth knowledge on the subject of CNG/Installation.

I think you should go with this, the only downfall could be the distance between your place and south delhi. Going there for tuning and all could be troublesome in future.
Old 30th March 2012, 06:11   #203
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by caabhishek View Post
Any specific reason why you want to go for a sequential kit which needs perfect worksmanship and costs higher for a 1.4 car
I dont have much knowledge about the closed loop lambda, of what i could make out almost all people who had sedans have gone in for sequential kits and they have almost the same performance as petrol. Infact i drove a friend' SX4 on a sequential kit and the pick up was almost 95% like what it was on petrol. Linea already has sluggish pick up and any drop in performance would really kill the driving feel.

Also many regular lambda kits require regular tuning sessions at the installers which i dont think is the case with sequential.
Quote:
Originally Posted by BANDHAV View Post
Clever decision I must say
You bet , the bike would remain under the covers seeing the delhi heat, its already burning hot.

Quote:
The propriter of Tara dutt auto Mr. Sunil is a very knowledgeable person and has in depth knowledge on the subject of CNG/Installation.
I think you should go with this, the only downfall could be the distance between your place and south delhi. Going there for tuning and all could be troublesome in future.
I have read about your CNG conversion. Yes he is quite far from my place but then sequential kits dont require that much tuning sessions.

I will give him a call again and ask properly about the gas kit and the company, my search on google yielded me no results on "anygas" kit so a bit worried. I want to go in for a tried and tested installer as improper workmanship with sequential could really mess up things and Tara dutt is the only one on team bhp which has good reviews from you and maglev.
Old 3rd April 2012, 15:59   #204
Senior - BHPian

I got a few call backs incl Tara auto and Expert cng guys but they have all told me that there is no Rto approved cng kit for a 09 Linea 1.4, what they told me was that while the kit installed would be a GMC, it would be endorsed as something else on the RC. This has put the conversion plans on hold for now - i really dont understand and dont know if this process is safe.
coolboy007 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd April 2012, 17:04   #205
Senior - BHPian

^^What they will put on RC? If no kit is approved?
Old 3rd April 2012, 18:08   #206
BHPian

Quote:
I got a few call backs incl Tara auto and Expert cng guys but they have all told me that there is no Rto approved cng kit for a 09 Linea 1.4, what they told me was that while the kit installed would be a GMC, it would be endorsed as something else on the RC. This has put the conversion plans on hold for now - i really dont understand and dont know if this process is safe.
Don't go in for unauthorized kits - you'll be in trouble finding a buyer at the time of selling.
Old 4th April 2012, 15:50   #207
Senior - BHPian

Got a call from some Mohit from Eco gas and he was enquiring whether am getting cng done or not, i told him i asked a few more people and they say Linea cant be endorsed where as he says if i install a EMER kit through them (Italy - verified, they have a website as well) and he will get the same endorsed on RC.

I am mighty confused now - 6 people say they cant get it rc endorsed but none had this emer kit whereas this guy is dead sure he will get it endorsed, Eco cng is a big name and am unsure whether to trust him or not.

Where to check for approval? Or is it a case where they install a seq kit and then endorse something approved for palio etc?
Quote:
Originally Posted by BANDHAV View Post
^^What they will put on RC? If no kit is approved?
I didnt get any clear answer to it, a few jumbled up words so i put the plans on hold for now, no rc endorsement means no insurance so its not worth it.
Quote:
Don't go in for unauthorized kits - you'll be in trouble finding a buyer at the time of selling.
Thanks for the concern, no am not going in for any unauthorised kit, would go for it only if it can be endorsed on the RC. If not, then i wont get the conversion done.
Old 4th April 2012, 16:00   #208
Senior - BHPian

If everybody is suggesting that nothing is approved then there must be some base behind, this guy must have his contact in the RTO, that's why he is so sure about getting it endorsed.

I would suggest you to check with your concerned authority about the issue.
Old 26th April 2012, 12:40   #209
BHPian

A friend of mine has converted his Honda City AT (i-vtec) to CNG. He has opted for sequential kit. I drove this car myself and and found that the performance loss is very less. Even the jerk which one feels when the engine shifts from petrol to cng is very marginal.
The only issue bothering this guy is that the fuel gauge keeps dipping even when running on CNG. The installer did not notice this at first. When pointed out to him, he took the car away for a day and now has put in some mechanism which makes the fuel indicator needle go to 'E' when CNG kicks in. The fuel indicator always reads empty when the vehicle is run on CNG. It comes back to normal when the fuel goes back to petrol.

Anyone else experienced this issue? Any solution?
Old 26th April 2012, 21:32   #210
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by @Chaand View Post
A friend of mine has converted his Honda City AT (i-vtec) to CNG. He has opted for sequential kit. I drove this car myself and and found that the performance loss is very less. Even the jerk which one feels when the engine shifts from petrol to cng is very marginal.
The only issue bothering this guy is that the fuel gauge keeps dipping even when running on CNG. The installer did not notice this at first. When pointed out to him, he took the car away for a day and now has put in some mechanism which makes the fuel indicator needle go to 'E' when CNG kicks in. The fuel indicator always reads empty when the vehicle is run on CNG. It comes back to normal when the fuel goes back to petrol.

Anyone else experienced this issue? Any solution?
I have noticed same issue in my spark on closed loop lovato. it bothers me a lot as i am not sure if only CNG is being used. Though it jumps back when not running to original? position.

Could not get time to get it checked. Hope fuel pump gets cut off when runnung in CNG - as told by my dealer.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks