Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 12th December 2013, 15:19   #406
BHPian

Re: Advice on CNG Conversion

Max, can you please let me know where did you fit those pads. How's your aquila doing btw. Mine is working very good.
Old 13th December 2013, 17:42   #407
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Max View Post
Last month, I installed these pads above rear shock springs in my car to increase rear height which went down due to weight of CNG cylinder. Cost about Rs.600 including labor. Now cars under body is no longer scrapping on oversize speed breakers or potholes and overall car is feeling more stable. I highly recommend getting them installed, if you feel rear is gone lower due to weight of CNG cylinder.
I have the same problem with my car. The rear spring have sunk. 3 or more people sit and the car looks like it was modified and a custom lowering kit was used. Can you tell me where you got these spacers from? I plan to get this done tomorrow. Also, can this affect handling or the rear suspension in a negative way?
Old 13th December 2013, 20:00   #408
Max
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kenpachi View Post
I have the same problem with my car. The rear spring have sunk. 3 or more people sit and the car looks like it was modified and a custom lowering kit was used. Can you tell me where you got these spacers from? I plan to get this done tomorrow. Also, can this affect handling or the rear suspension in a negative way?
I got these installed from premji's in thane. If you are not from here then you should be able to find this at your local garage. Show them these pics. It has not effected handling or suspension of the car at all, infect it has made it better.

Another solution may be to install taller springs which may cost more and I am not sure if its possible.

Quote:
Originally Posted by preetamkabra View Post
Max, can you please let me know where did you fit those pads. How's your aquila doing btw. Mine is working very good.
I sold it in 2009, check pics of my bike in gallery here.

Last edited by Max : 13th December 2013 at 20:04.
Old 17th December 2013, 01:54   #409
Max
BHPian

Just changed spark plugs in my Honda City as suggested in service booklet (every 40,000 kms). Mechanic said there is still half life left in them. I am felling noticeable performance improvement after changing the plugs. Pickup and performance have improve allot after changing the plugs. I highly recommend changing spark plugs between 10k-20k kms in CNG vehicles because CNG runs on high temperature and hence its heavy on spark plugs.

Here is the link to post in different thread
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/techni...ml#post3319228

Old 17th December 2013, 15:45   #410
BHPian

Quote:
Just changed spark plugs in my Honda City as .... I highly recommend changing spark plugs between 10k-20k kms in CNG vehicles because CNG runs on high temperature and hence its heavy on spark plugs.
My car (DZire CNG) was showing signs of erratic pickup and response. I also got the Spark Plugs changed after 10k kms, and that did affect the overall pickup and the performance. I guess changing the spark plugs regularly does go a long way in maintaining a CNG car.
Old 19th December 2013, 15:18   #411
BHPian

Re: Installed New Pads above rear shock springs

Quote:
Last month, I installed these pads above rear shock springs in my car to increase rear height which went down due to weight of CNG cylinder. Cost about Rs.600 including labor.
Hi Max

I have the same problem in my CNG Dzire. I enquired a few places near my area (Goregaon). People have been asking 1200/- for labour + 500/- for the suspension pads.

Can you please give me the contact details of where you got these installed?

Dipak
Old 3rd January 2014, 19:31   #412
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by saket77 View Post
And now the worst fear hits: CNG in Pune will cost Rs. 65/- per kg

Wonder what the owners will do who spent big money to convert to CNG. Looks like the Govt. is hell bent on closing all options of affordable traveling for us. There is hardly anything left whose price is not hiked.

Link to news: http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/c...w/26758882.cms
Well i was anticipating 5-10 Rs hike. With all Riks running on CNG, lets expect some resistance. I must say it is a stiff rise and will move new customers away from CNG including retrofitting.

CNG initial investment recovery (BEP) will be pushed by atleast 30%.
But those who have already invested in CNG, it is still beneficial considering comparatively lower avg of petrol than CNG and difference in CNG and petrol still will be Rs 15.

It is really SAD that govt is not supporting GREEN Fuel against level of pollution we have. Strongly feel it needs some subsidy for sure.

Anyways, lets wait for 2014 elections, till then there are no hopes :-)

Last edited by idea : 3rd January 2014 at 19:32.
Old 25th February 2014, 07:12   #413

I am not sure if this is the correct thread to raise my query but here it goes...

I own a Petrol Chevy Beat and have installed Lovato Sequential CNG kit from "Shivam NX" located at Koparkhairane, Navi Mumbai. Cng kit was installed before 6 months and I am getting mileage of around 20 kms / per Kg. Problems which I am facing are as follows:

1. While I am driving with a speed of about 50 kms per hour, when I shift the gear from 5th to 4th and eventually input brakes and clutch and again shifting it to 3 and 2; the car's ignition stops and I have to be careful on highway with such speed and immediately have to turn on the ignition with the keys. This is happening for long and majorly when the AC is on and more when the acceleration is off, clutch on and car being on high speed and while switching between top gears to lower gears. When I checked with technicians at Shivam, they tuned the sequential (box) ECU via laptop thrice but still the problem persists. I have replaced the plugs, replaced the engine oil too. What do I do next? Can somebody help me with a solution? When I say ignition turns off, I mean the Engine erratically stops randomly while driving the car

2. I feel that car loses too much of power (I have to press complete accelerator till the end at times) on Gear #1 while standing at signals and when at little steepy road at the signal joints. Have to be very careful as car eventually moves down / backwards due to low power. Any solution?

3. I hear small blasting sounds (burp-burp-burp) and certainly I can say it is of cng. What sound this could be? Immediately after these sounds the engine gets stable and works fine. On straight roads with steady acceleration (no brakes, no clutch) car works just fine. I touched 142 kms / hr speed recently at mumbai-pune express way.

Your help and responses on above would be much appreciated.
Old 25th February 2014, 11:36   #414
BHPian

I have a query regarding the spark plug to be used. Civic runs on Iridium Plugs, while fitting CNG I was advised to change it to normal plug which I did and the car is running fine. I wanted to know that if I can use the iridium spark plugs or it's better to use the normal plug.
Old 25th February 2014, 12:32   #415
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by saurabhkum View Post
I have a query regarding the spark plug to be used. Civic runs on Iridium Plugs, while fitting CNG I was advised to change it to normal plug which I did and the car is running fine. I wanted to know that if I can use the iridium spark plugs or it's better to use the normal plug.
Strange.

AFAIK, it's the other way around. CNG is more denser and heavier than gasoline, hence the load on the spark plugs is usually more when running the car on CNG. Iridium is extremely durable and has a higher melting point than OEM. I'd go on to say you'll find a slight increase in your pickup and mileage with those iridium plugs on (as i've been told).

Did you have a problem of misfiring earlier with the iridium plugs on? Why was the switch to normal plugs advised?

Last edited by 9thsphinx : 25th February 2014 at 12:36.
9thsphinx is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th February 2014, 12:40   #416
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by a4amish View Post
I am not sure if this is the correct thread to raise my query but here it goes...
==========

1.) Used to face this issue with my Aveo (open loop) and most of the times with AC on but mine was an open loop kit. I then started switching from Petrol to CNG only when the AC was on and never faced this issue. I think the ECU learns that higher level of power is needed and adjusts the RPMs accordingly. This is surely a tuning issue which should get solved by increasing the Idling RPMs. Its indeed scary when the engine dies off in the middle of moving traffic as the steering and brakes get non responsive.

2.) You shouldn't face this issue specially in a sequential kit. I remember changing my air filter and experiencing a remarkable improvement in the power delivery. You can try this inexpensive solution.

3.) Please get this checked!! No idea what this is but sounds weird.
Ameya_G is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th February 2014, 12:59   #417
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by 9thsphinx View Post
Strange.

AFAIK, it's the other way around. CNG is more denser and heavier than gasoline, hence the load on the spark plugs is usually more when running the car on CNG. Iridium is extremely durable and has a higher melting point than OEM. I'd go on to say you'll find a slight increase in your pickup and mileage with those iridium plugs on (as i've been told).

Did you have a problem of misfiring earlier with the iridium plugs on? Why was the switch to normal plugs advised?
I believe ignition timing for CNG has to be advanced by 5 deg or so while for LPG it is same as that of gasoline.
Old 26th February 2014, 10:49   #418
BHPian

Sorry guys! My query is a little off-topic but I desperately need some advice. I own a 2002 OHC with a Lovato open loop kit and Grace silver spark plugs installed. Off late i have been facing 2 main problems. I feel as if my engine is not delivering as it used to and power loss is very evident especially on inclines... car starts jerking if I'm on 2nd or 3rd gear, not sure if timing is the culprit here. Second problem is with the rpm, every time I set the CNG in-flow using the knob and set the idler to the best position it stays fine for some time and starts fluctuating(drops to 500 or less). My car was running just fine on cng but honestly I'm not loving the overall feel now that there is evident power drop.. Experts please help!
Old 4th March 2014, 10:13   #419
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by a4amish View Post

I own a Petrol Chevy Beat and have installed Lovato Sequential CNG kit from "Shivam NX" located at Koparkhairane, Navi Mumbai. ===============================================

Were you able to solve the issues with your CNG Sequential Kit? I just got one installed on my Honda City 05 from Pratik @ Shivam NX.

Wish to know more on the performance and after-sales .

Regards,
J
Old 4th March 2014, 10:49   #420

Quote:
Originally Posted by vorajay View Post

Were you able to solve the issues with your CNG Sequential Kit? I just got one installed on my Honda City 05 from Pratik @ Shivam NX.

Wish to know more on the performance and after-sales .

Regards,
J
No sir. Pratik @Shivam NX tried resetting the ECU thrice in past 6 months but still the problem persists. Honestly the after-sales service is okay but they always try to ignore the old customers pretty fast. Please inbox me your mobile number. Lets connect and visit him together. I think we do have a weightage now being active members of team-bhp. I urge and request senior members of the forum who are local to navi mumbai to share their mobile numbers with us so that we can connect and discuss about my CNG problem. I paid 50k to shivam NX and they were very sweet at the start when I got the Lovato sequential kit installed.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks