Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 21st January 2007, 23:16   #61
BHPian

Sudhir, How come you got a full tank of 12 Kg..! I always have to settle for 10.4 kg at Max be it Early morning or Late night..!
BTW the Service Factor as said by you, what does it include, General Check + Leakage Test + Setting or What ?
Old 25th February 2007, 13:51   #62
BANNED

CNG/LPG in my 2001 zen

Guys,

I want to install eigther CNG/LPG in my 2001 zen... I stays in Mumbai ,,,plz suggest what shd i get installed i l looking fir more milage as My daily run is 70k

Thx,
JIts
Old 26th February 2007, 00:47   #63
BHPian

CNG

1) Running cost will be lower than LPG
2) Power Performance depends on your setting
3) Low Maintainence.
4) Safer than LPG
5) Cost of CNG kit from Nugas/Bedini/Landi Renzo are more expensive than LPG kit but the costs are recoverable in no time with the saving amount.
6) More Mileage than LPG ( LPG gives 1+- compared to petrol, Only thing is its cheaper than Petrol and gives almost same output as Petrol would have. CNG is much greener, Natural Gas leaves slight carbon and Water Vapour as By product- Mileage is Higher with my Xeta I now clock 17 Km per Kg of Gas @ 19.20 per Kg.

You can however read through many threads here on CNG vs LPG to make your mind, However Each as its advantages and Disadvantages- Basic thing to be kept in Mind is Safety / Economy.

With a 70 Km running CNG will cost you around 89.6 ( Considering that you get 15 Km per KG with AC full time on) and with LPG cost will be around 150 ( considering a mileage of 14 Km per Kg)
Old 27th February 2007, 11:10   #64
BANNED

I can go only 157.5 km ?? on CNG

Hi wolfinstein ,
Thx for your advice, I guess I will convert my zen on CNG but have small quarries, plz help me to solve those :
1) From lots of thread I cam to know max tank size for CNG is 14 kg, in that you can fill only 10.5 kg, that means if FE of my zen is 15km then after filling tank completely I can go only 157.5 km, is that true ??
2) If I am running car with A.C on, will get CNG smell in cabin ??
plz answer above queries

Thx in advance
JItendra
Old 19th May 2007, 13:01   #65
BHPian

Hi

To EMphasize 1KG of CNG is equal to 1.8 Litres of Petrol. So 10 KG of CNG is almost equalant to 18 Liters of Petrol. simple u l get 250 - 270 KM for 10kg CNG.

but a quick question. Will that 10KG Cylinder let you take your spare tyre out of its place?

Are you fitting any conventional Kit or Sequential kit?
Old 19th May 2007, 20:31   #66
BHPian

Nobody fits a Conventional kit these days unless they are working on a budget, But a 7000 increase for Lamda-ECU and Timer is worth the performance from conventional kits.

Why Not, If you have Foldable Rear Seats, the Tyre can easily be accessed and interchanged incase of repairs..!
Old 20th May 2007, 11:18   #67
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsk1979 View Post
On the power front cng resulted in slight loss of power, but as a fuel its really good for the engine because being a gas there are no deposits left in injectors etc.,(It was MPFI esteem).
But injectors are not used for injection of gas,a mixer is installed on the throttle body to mix gas and air.
pls refer to this link, this my experience with gas conversion. http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/long-t...lpg-cng-2.html

Last edited by .anshuman : 20th May 2007 at 11:22.
Old 20th May 2007, 21:55   #68
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by .anshuman View Post
But injectors are not used for injection of gas,
Right, Injectors are supposed to stopped by use of an Emulator. I think he meant carbon deposits in the throttle body.
Old 20th May 2007, 23:14   #69
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by wolfinstein View Post
CNG
4) Safer than LPG
How is that ?
Old 21st May 2007, 13:21   #70
BHPian

Safer Here is why :

1) LPG is Liquified Petroleum Gas which shares all the characteristics of Petrol- It is Inflammable at room temp with any small spark- Just like your regular Home Gas.

2) LPG is heavier than Air, so incase of a leak it settles in the lower sections of the Car or When it leaks in yor house it settles towards the floor.

CNG on the other hand is Methane- Lighter than Air, So incase of a leak, it dissipates in the Air quickly.

With CNG -You either need to compress it or Need a Strong Heat source to spark it up.That is another reason why engine power loss is present in CNG and not in LPG- CNG needs High Ignition.

And then the cost effectiveness is more than LPG- Cleaner Engine, Less Carbon...More mileage than Petrol and Its cost is Rs.19.20 per Kg which gives me 16-17 without AC on My XETA.

Whatever one chooses, They need to ensure a good kit, safety aspect during installation, periodic checks for leaks,Insurance Cover Added and RTO Mandate-these will ensure a safe drive and legal formalities upto date incase of any uneventful incident.

Last edited by wolfinstein : 21st May 2007 at 13:25.
Old 21st May 2007, 13:40   #71
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
1) LPG is Liquified Petroleum Gas which shares all the characteristics of Petrol- It is Inflammable at room temp with any small spark
That should be an advantage not a disadvantage. And talking of leaks, a fuel leak is a fuel leak, petrol, diesel, lpg or cng, it should never happen.
Old 21st May 2007, 13:46   #72
BHPian

Well depends on how you love to see your car up in flames with even a slightest leak..!

Incase of a Major Leak, CNG or LPG both can flame up, But CNG being lighter will dissipate as quickly as possible.

Unfortunately, Leakage can happen anytime, that is why I mentioned that its better to have periodic checks done up to isolate and repair any leaks..!

When Comparing CNG and LPG it serves as a disadvantage on Safety factor.

Last edited by wolfinstein : 21st May 2007 at 13:52.
Old 21st May 2007, 13:55   #73
Team-BHP Support

Its is true that if the gas in tanks is lighter than air, it will reduce chances of fire very less.
Due to this reason, hydrogen which is highly inflammable is actually quite safe. Its another matter compressing H2 and storage is very very difficult.
Old 29th June 2007, 15:18   #74
BHPian

ohh god CNG is just 19.20 rupees?

Where is it? Is it in Delhi?

Here in hyderabad it is 30 rupees, even then my runnig cost is 2 Rupees/ KM.

I get 15 KMS in City with A/c and 18-20 / KG of CNG in My palio 1.6
Old 29th June 2007, 16:22   #75
BHPian

Advise on CNG convert of Maruti Zen 1995 carb

Hi I have an old maruti Zen carb (1995) and almost ran 65 K Km. I am planning to convert this into CNG. However I have a slight hiccup due to the following queries.

i) Since it almost ran 65 K km. Is it wise to convert it to CNG?
ii) What would be the average % drop in performance? Will it require any specific tuning ?
iii) If I install K&N filters and Iridium spark plugs will it compensate for the loss in performance?
iv) How much more life I should expect from the car after installing CNG?
v) What would be the cost of conversion? I live in NCR region

Would be very grateful if some one take a call to answer these questions.

Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks