Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories

Search this Thread
Old 26th May 2011, 22:04   #106
BHPian

re: Advice on CNG Conversion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trust_In_Thrust View Post
Does anyone know of any CNg kit apart from Injection kits which has a filter to make sure the throttle body stays clean .Such kits used to come in Minda Kits supplied to Hyundai earlier .Any inputs are welcome as i have a friend buying a Cedia second hand soon and he would like to got for CNG .
Getting a Cedia endorsed will be rather difficult, if not impossible. Just a word of caution.
sukrit7 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th May 2011, 19:56   #107
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trust_In_Thrust View Post
@maglev : In CNG run car the extent is much more greater compared to non CNG cars .
I had my zen converted to CNG at around 25 K kms .In 25K kms i never had to get my throttle body cleaned as it was pretty much clean but after CNG after every 10K kms i need to get it cleaned as it gets really dirty .
Similar observation in Esteem , M800 Craburettor , Cedia , City , Accent etc.
CNG doesn't make the throttle body any MORE dirtier than Petrol. The only difference is that a dirty throttle body makes a ggreater impact of the running on CNG cars than Petrol cars.
Old 19th September 2011, 17:03   #108
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vijay_rodie View Post
Its G13BB (Sept 2007 Model).

Any idea which one is better - Tomasetto Achille or Lovato ?
Hi Vijay,

Did you converted your swift from petrol to CNG? & From where could you plese share details & cost on the forum.
As petrol is rising day by day its better to switch.
Old 19th September 2011, 17:12   #109
BHPian

A cousin around Delhi is looking to convert his i10 1.2 to CNG. The choice is more-or-less in favor of Lovato.

Delhi BHPians please suggest a good garage where this conversion can be done.
Old 19th September 2011, 17:46   #110
BHPian

@ben
There is a Lovato distributor and fitter in gurgaon on Shitla-Mata Road (its near Sec-14).

If its far then he can check at Kotla Market near south-ex, lotsa old hands there.
Honda Monk is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th September 2011, 17:53   #111
BHPian

Thanks HM. But I need more specific info. The specific garage rather than the approximate location. This cousin of mine is a total noob at this CNG stuff and has heard of a lot of horror stories due to faulty aftermarket fitment.

The reason why I posted here is to get recommendation from fellow bhpians who have had first hand experience and are satisfied with the deal and the quality of work.
Old 20th September 2011, 07:10   #112
BHPian

@benzinblut, if your cousin just wants a peace of mind, get it installed from Apra Auto@Gurgaon (MASS) - the cost difference between Apra and other mechanics will be around 7k, but you get the assurance that the kit is being installed my legitimate vendor.

PS - I have a Swift ZXI running on BRC kit from Apra since last 75k kms - car has crossed 1L kms already ...no major issues so far.
ptaneja is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th September 2011, 09:50   #113
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shabahmad View Post
Hi Vijay,

Did you converted your swift from petrol to CNG? & From where could you plese share details & cost on the forum.
As petrol is rising day by day its better to switch.
Hi Shabbir,
Till now I was bit hesitating to get it done. But now I am seriously planning to install the CNG kit.Will definitely share the details once I go for it.
Old 20th September 2011, 10:12   #114
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ptaneja View Post
@benzinblut, if your cousin just wants a peace of mind, get it installed from Apra Auto@Gurgaon (MASS) - the cost difference between Apra and other mechanics will be around 7k, but you get the assurance that the kit is being installed my legitimate vendor.

PS - I have a Swift ZXI running on BRC kit from Apra since last 75k kms - car has crossed 1L kms already ...no major issues so far.
Do you mind giving details of your kit and the prices?

He has i10-AT 1.2. Can you advise what tank size and equipment he should go for and what whould be the approximate cost? How much time is required for fitment?
Old 20th September 2011, 14:25   #115
BHPian

Kit I have been using is BRC. Along with the kit, there is a LAMBDA and an advancer.
When I got this installed,this costed me 46k.

Go for 12KG cylinder ( approx 65kgs added to your boot space! )
Last week I had my alto converted to CNG, and it costed me 33k for above three items+fitting. Getting the kit on RC and Insurance is extra.
I got it done with prior booking, so the guys started working on it as soon as I was in. Started at around 10AM, was ready by 1PM. After that it took couple of hours for CNG filling, final check, leak test, and minor RPM adjustments.
Old 21st September 2011, 13:21   #116
BHPian

I checked the Apra Auto website. They have a website for Apra CNG fitment. Their Gudgaon branch is at Sec 17-18, Gudgaon. Is this the place where you got the CNG conversion done (Welcome to Apra CNG) ?

I see that they also have a Delhi branch. Do you have any experience with it?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ptaneja View Post
....Go for 12KG cylinder ( approx 65kgs added to your boot space! )
Last week I had my alto converted to CNG, and it costed me 33k for above three items+fitting. Getting the kit on RC and Insurance is extra....
Which brand was the kit?
Old 21st September 2011, 15:23   #117
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by benzinblut View Post
I checked the Apra Auto website. They have a website for Apra CNG fitment. Their Gudgaon branch is at Sec 17-18, Gudgaon. Is this the place where you got the CNG conversion done (Welcome to Apra CNG) ?

I see that they also have a Delhi branch. Do you have any experience with it?

Which brand was the kit?
Yes, I got it done from Gurgaon location. For ALTO also it's BRC kit. I know the actual mechanic too who has done it - he has been into installing these kits since last 5 years or so.
ptaneja is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st September 2011, 15:50   #118
BHPian

With the rising prices of petrol i am considering switching to LPG myself. Couple of questions.
1. I have heard that the sequential kit is the best as it gives a petrol like performance. Not sure but it has an ECU etc etc. How much would be the cost and have any of the t-bhp'ians installed this?

2. Now some cars come with drive by wire throttle control. Any concerns for conversion if the car has a drive by wire?

Thanks guys...
Old 21st September 2011, 16:02   #119
Senior - BHPian

benzinblut please refer the link for approved CNG conversion centres in Delhi:

Transport

Your brother can go to the nearest one.

For the i10 Kappa I would suggest the 12 kg capacity tank (which is approx 60-65 kg heavy). There is another tank, which has 14 kg capacity, but, it is too heavy for small cars, & hence, not recommended for i10.

Apart from Lovato, Tomasto Achille (I hope I have spelled the name correctly) is another good kit. The total cost including updated RC (barring the insurance) should be around Rs.30K (but the cost of tank is one major factor that can drive the cost of the whole setup northwards.
CARDEEP is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th September 2011, 10:59   #120
BHPian

Just one question, as I could not find any answer. How is the performance of the car effected after getting the CNG installed? Does it affect the engine life etc. Or there is not effect at all. I am a very sedate kind of driver...dont like to go beyond 100. And I want to see the possibility of fitting CNG Kit in my Petrol Polo. Any suggestions please.

Most Viewed