Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 24th May 2011, 13:52   #91
Senior - BHPian

@deeps
AFAIK Cng is not available in Ludhiana
In fact the last pump for this region would be in NCR.
Old 24th May 2011, 16:41   #92
BANNED

re: Advice on CNG Conversion

Does anyone know of any CNg kit apart from Injection kits which has a filter to make sure the throttle body stays clean .Such kits used to come in Minda Kits supplied to Hyundai earlier .Any inputs are welcome as i have a friend buying a Cedia second hand soon and he would like to got for CNG .
Old 25th May 2011, 00:02   #93
Senior - BHPian

CNG is not contaimnated. So i dont see a reason why it would/should be filtered before entering the throttle body.
Old 25th May 2011, 00:17   #94
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsk1979 View Post
We have an old getz in ludhiana, which has done around 36000kms
We are thinking of getting it converted to cng, but have the following queries
1. IS CNG conversion legal? are there "certified installers" available. Does it have to be endorsed in the RC book?
2. Any special permission needed from the Insurance company or RTO?
3. CNG conversion can be done anywhere, or only from the state where the car is registered?

Any other legal and RTO related issues we should be aware of?

1. CNG conversion is legal, but is car specific. Certain cars cannot be converted legally. A common example is the Ford Ikon 1.3 push-rod & Rocam both.

2. After RC endorsement it is a legal requirement to get the CNG kit added onto the insurance policy of the car.

3. Conversion can be done anywhere as long as the paper work is in order and the point of installation is approved by the respective RTO / authority for that particular car.
Old 25th May 2011, 01:28   #95
Max
BHPian

how much one can expect drop in resale value of car after installing CNG kit?. For example, If my 2004 honda city has market value of rs.4,00,000 in may 2011, how much will it value in may 2013 after installing CNG kit?. Any assumptions?

Last edited by Max : 25th May 2011 at 01:29.
Old 25th May 2011, 03:58   #96
BANNED

Infractions: 0/1 (7)

Quote:
Originally Posted by maglev View Post

2. After RC endorsement it is a legal requirement to get the CNG kit added onto the insurance policy of the car.
Do you have a cite for this? I have searched a lot & talked to insurance companies, but haven't found any proof for this.
Old 25th May 2011, 10:53   #97
BHPian

Advice on Cng Conversion

Hi All,
I have started to feel the heat of petrol price hike. Running a swift (zxi) for 50-55 km daily is becoming more costlier after recent petrol price hike. So, I am planning to get CNG kit installed.
One of the CNG kit center in Pune (Cinchwad) is quoting 30,000 for Lovato CNG kit. (Ref. - :: Maharashtra Natural Gas Limited ::) It includes RTO registration, TAP, Lamda and 1 yr warranty. As per him 'Lovato' is best in the all available kits, and being a simple, if there would be any problem occurs with it, in future, any mechanic having knowledge of CNG kit can fix it.
He also offered me 'Tomasetto Achille' for 35000. Now, I am bit confused which one should I go for.

Please help me to decide.

Thanks in advance.
Old 25th May 2011, 16:04   #98
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by carboy View Post
Do you have a cite for this? I have searched a lot & talked to insurance companies, but haven't found any proof for this.
If you install a CNG kit and your car gets involved in an accident, then under no circumstances will your claim for insurance be honoured, until and unless your CNG kit installation is mentioned on your insurance policy. You can call up your cars authorised service center and confirm this or from the helpline number of your insurance provider.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Max View Post
how much one can expect drop in resale value of car after installing CNG kit?. For example, If my 2004 honda city has market value of rs.4,00,000 in may 2011, how much will it value in may 2013 after installing CNG kit?. Any assumptions?
The insured value of the car increases by about 90% of the cost of the kit, but the actual resale value used to dip earlier but not much now as CNG is very common and has gained a huge acceptance. Still a safe assumption would be in the region of 20-30k as compared to a non CNG vehicle.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vijay_rodie View Post
Hi All,
I have started to feel the heat of petrol price hike. Running a swift (zxi) for 50-55 km daily is becoming more costlier after recent petrol price hike. So, I am planning to get CNG kit installed.
One of the CNG kit center in Pune (Cinchwad) is quoting 30,000 for Lovato CNG kit. (Ref. - :: Maharashtra Natural Gas Limited ::) It includes RTO registration, TAP, Lamda and 1 yr warranty. As per him 'Lovato' is best in the all available kits, and being a simple, if there would be any problem occurs with it, in future, any mechanic having knowledge of CNG kit can fix it.
He also offered me 'Tomasetto Achille' for 35000. Now, I am bit confused which one should I go for.

Please help me to decide.

Thanks in advance.

Which Swift?? K12 or G13BB

Both Tomasetto Achille and Lovato are for 28K in New Delhi with Lambda, TAP, 14KG cylinder, (Without RC endorsement).

If one gets the RC endorsement done by oneself then it cost around 700/- (Charged by RTO, a receipt is issued against this amount) in New Delhi.

Most Dealers here charge 3-3.5k for this service.

Last edited by maglev : 25th May 2011 at 16:06.
maglev is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th May 2011, 17:28   #99
BHPian

Quote:
Which Swift?? K12 or G13BB

Both Tomasetto Achille and Lovato are for 28K in New Delhi with Lambda, TAP, 14KG cylinder, (Without RC endorsement).

If one gets the RC endorsement done by oneself then it cost around 700/- (Charged by RTO, a receipt is issued against this amount) in New Delhi.

Most Dealers here charge 3-3.5k for this service.

Its G13BB (Sept 2007 Model).

Any idea which one is better - Tomasetto Achille or Lovato ?
Old 25th May 2011, 19:46   #100
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vijay_rodie View Post
Its G13BB (Sept 2007 Model).

Any idea which one is better - Tomasetto Achille or Lovato ?

The G13BB is an amazing engine for CNG conversion, go ahead with any of the two, both are equally good and compatible with this engine.The Lovato is slightly smaller in size and occupies lessor space in the engine bay, that's the only advantage. Apart from this both the kits are equally good.
Old 25th May 2011, 23:43   #101
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deeps View Post
CNG is not contaimnated. So i dont see a reason why it would/should be filtered before entering the throttle body.
I suggest you check any CNG(Open Loop/Closed Loop except Sequential) fitted car which has run for 5-10K kms .Take a peek in the throttle body it will be filled of oily soot black in color , this creates problem for sensors as they get jammed .In the old Minda kit supplied to Hyundai they had provided a seperate filter thus keeping the throttle body clean .

I am looking for a similar kit but unable to find in market as this depostion soot in throttle body requires regular cleaning of same and increases fault level in sensors.
Old 26th May 2011, 00:04   #102
BANNED

Quote:
If you install a CNG kit and your car gets involved in an accident, then under no circumstances will your claim for insurance be honoured, until and unless your CNG kit installation is mentioned on your insurance policy. You can call up your cars authorised service center and confirm this or from the helpline number of your insurance provider.

Let me ask again - do you have a cite for this?

I am disputing you - I am just asking for a cite. A lot of people on tbhp have said this - but no one has provided any proof of this.
And I as I mentioned - I called the insurance provider helpline - they said it's not necessary to insure the CNG. The agent also said the same.

Last edited by carboy : 26th May 2011 at 00:06.
Old 26th May 2011, 17:26   #103
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by carboy View Post
Let me ask again - do you have a cite for this?

I am disputing you - I am just asking for a cite. A lot of people on tbhp have said this - but no one has provided any proof of this.
And I as I mentioned - I called the insurance provider helpline - they said it's not necessary to insure the CNG. The agent also said the same.

I have bajaj allianz for my Accent and reliance for my Ritz. I called up both the companies on their respective toll free numbers. It is a rule, followed by all insurance companies. Where in it is compulsory for the car owner to get CNG endorsed onto the insurance policy after RC endorsement.

If you still don't believe me, email the customer care guys. Also I would advise you to read the policies terms & conditions. ICICI's website clearly mentions all about CNG/LPG conversion in their FAQ's section.

PS: Which company is your car insured by & could I have the name and number of your Advisor.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trust_In_Thrust View Post
I suggest you check any CNG(Open Loop/Closed Loop except Sequential) fitted car which has run for 5-10K kms .Take a peek in the throttle body it will be filled of oily soot black in color , this creates problem for sensors as they get jammed .In the old Minda kit supplied to Hyundai they had provided a seperate filter thus keeping the throttle body clean .

I am looking for a similar kit but unable to find in market as this depostion soot in throttle body requires regular cleaning of same and increases fault level in sensors.

If you take a peek in any cars throttle body after 5-10K kms it will be dirty. CNG on its own is NOT contaminated.

Last edited by maglev : 26th May 2011 at 17:29.
Old 26th May 2011, 17:53   #104
BANNED

Quote:
I have bajaj allianz for my Accent and reliance for my Ritz. I called up both the companies on their respective toll free numbers. It is a rule, followed by all insurance companies. Where in it is compulsory for the car owner to get CNG endorsed onto the insurance policy after RC endorsement.
In my post, I meant to write

'I am NOT disputing you - I am just asking for a cite"

Sorry about that.

Quote:
If you still don't believe me, email the customer care guys. Also I would advise you to read the policies terms & conditions. ICICI's website clearly mentions all about CNG/LPG conversion in their FAQ's section.
I checked the ICICI FAQ - this is what I found about CNG/LPG
Quote:
If I have a LPG/ CNG kit fitted in the car that is not endorsed in the RC, can I take a policy?Policy will only be issued if the LPG/ CNG kit is duly endorsed on the RC (Registration Certificate) by the concerned RTO.
It says that LPG/CNG has to be endorsed on RC - I fully agree with this.

It also says
Quote:
What happens if my vehicle has an additional LPG/ CNG kit?In case of vehicles fitted with a bi-fuel system such as LPG/ CNG kit, as permitted by the concerned road transport authority, it is to be insured separately at an additional premium of 4% on the value of such a kit. You need to specifically declare the value of the LPG/ CNG kit. An additional premium of 60/- per vehicle will be charged towards a Liability-only cover on account of the LPG/ CNG kit.
This is quite vague -I don't see a clear statement that you will lose coverage if you don't insure it.
All it seems to say is that premium for kit is 4% on the value of such a kit.

Only reason I see for compulsorily insuring a CNG/LPG kit is because it adds to the insurer's risk. If this is so, then the additional premium would be based on the IDV of the vehicle & not on the value of the kit. The fact that it is based on the value of the kit - seems to me that they treat it like a music system you fit & want to insure.

Quote:
PS: Which company is your car insured by & could I have the name and number of your Advisor.
New India Assurance & agent is Sai Service.
I spoke on New India's toll free number & also Sai Service advisors. I don't remember the names.

Last edited by carboy : 26th May 2011 at 17:59.
Old 26th May 2011, 21:39   #105
BANNED

@maglev : In CNG run car the extent is much more greater compared to non CNG cars .
I had my zen converted to CNG at around 25 K kms .In 25K kms i never had to get my throttle body cleaned as it was pretty much clean but after CNG after every 10K kms i need to get it cleaned as it gets really dirty .
Similar observation in Esteem , M800 Craburettor , Cedia , City , Accent etc.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks