Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories

Search this Thread
Old 13th March 2012, 18:30   #181
BHPian

Re: Advice on CNG Conversion

Yes they have a branch in Ghatkopar as well. Not sure if I can post the contact numbers here. PM me and I'll reply with the contact number of Rajesh
Old 13th March 2012, 21:20   #182
BHPian

@ AGP
Really sorry to hear the sad incident, its heart breaking to see your car being messed up by local unskilled ignorant. More when you are being cheated. Anyways you got out safe by opting for stripping of that dubious kit.

Even I had felt cheated by this guy in Delhi by name Green Fuels (at Ashram chowk, behind Nafed and Punjab & Sind Bank buildings ). He is a big crook, who installed a Benzo Triana kit (I guess its cheap chinese) telling me its Italian and with local made emulator and advancer. Spent a lot of time going to his place for adjustment every now and then.

@TYAGI
YES, it can't be more true, there is nothing compared to peace of mind.
Considering all the negative effects on my car and a nightmarish experience, I went for a strip down. GOT THE CNG KIT REMOVED!
Feeling so much relieved afterwards. Will never ever go for CNG again. If ever fuel cost pinch diesel is the way for me.

You guys enjoy savings with your kits!
Old 13th March 2012, 21:49   #183
BHPian

Looking at the above posts - I am well relieved that spending extra for BRC kit along with getting that done from Maruti Authorized Center sure helped - and I never had sleepless nights. I spent close to 45K - 3.5 years back on this kit. The same kit's price is down to 33K now
Old 15th March 2012, 13:50   #184
BHPian

hii guyz,

I have converted my Swift Zxi, 2008 model to a closed loop Lovato kit with Lamba & tap (not of same company)on Dec, 2011 at Zero pollution Kandivali West, Mumbai and now Iam facing problems with it.

1. After few kms, the car vibrates (the interior wobbles) when i drive on CNG. i have to take the car to the mechanic there, he does some tuning and then its fine again. But, the third day it happens again. So i have to drive back again and get the tuning done. This has become a regular process now & is very frustating. The mechanic says, yeh toh hota rehta hai, is it ???

2. There are, at times while driving on CNG, when the brakes are applied, the car stops and i have to restart it again. Again, no specific answer from the mechanic !!!

3. the Check engine light is always ON with CNG. is it for all the car ???

4. Also the car has become more bouncier. The rear passengers always complain about the car not being very smooth. My tyre pressure with Nitrogen is 34.

Guys please help me with a solution or also suggest me a genuine mechanic or a CNG dealer in Mumbai who can solve this issue.I stay at Malad West, Mumbai
Jassy1313 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th March 2012, 14:41   #185
AGP
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jassy1313 View Post
hii guyz,

1. After few kms, the car vibrates (the interior wobbles) when i drive on CNG. i have to take the car to the mechanic there, he does some tuning and then its fine again. But, the third day it happens again. So i have to drive back again and get the tuning done. This has become a regular process now & is very frustating. The mechanic says, yeh toh hota rehta hai, is it ???
I guess the Closed Loop (Lamda Control System) wiring is not correct. You can check with some other fitter. Mostly the check engine light problem gets solved by correcting the Lamda wiring..
Old 15th March 2012, 15:26   #186
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jassy1313 View Post
hii guyz,

I have converted my Swift Zxi, 2008 model to a closed loop Lovato kit with Lamba & tap (not of same company)on Dec, 2011 at Zero pollution Kandivali West, Mumbai and now Iam facing problems with it.

2. There are, at times while driving on CNG, when the brakes are applied, the car stops and i have to restart it again. Again, no specific answer from the mechanic !!!

3. the Check engine light is always ON with CNG. is it for all the car ???

4. Also the car has become more bouncier. The rear passengers always complain about the car not being very smooth. My tyre pressure with Nitrogen is 34.

Guys please help me with a solution or also suggest me a genuine mechanic or a CNG dealer in Mumbai who can solve this issue.I stay at Malad West, Mumbai
This is a clear case of improperly tuned CNG kit - the only reason here is the drop in RPM when in neutral or when clutch is pressed.
When was the last time you got the servicing of car done ?
Get throttle body cleaned
Clean/replace air filter
Have the guy tune the kit to idle RPM of 800/900.

Check engine light should not be there - faulty wiring, faulty O2 sensor(this rarely fails) or faulty TAP can be the reasons.
ptaneja is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th March 2012, 16:16   #187
AGP
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ptaneja View Post

Check engine light should not be there - faulty wiring, faulty O2 sensor(this rarely fails) or faulty TAP can be the reasons.
Hi, I did scan of my car Zen 2002 MPFI. It has shown two codes 1) P0105 - MAP Sensor 2) P0340 - Engine Speed.

Whether it has any impact on Closed Loop Installation? I guess Lamda Control System takes the input from O2 Sensor (which is ok in my car). Does it take any other sensor input?

Help me with this query as I am going to install closed loop tomorrow.

Thanks,

Anil
Old 17th March 2012, 22:05   #188
BHPian

Hi

As mentioned in my earlier posts in this thread please find here the installations pics for my Swift Vxi. I have installed Lovato Kit from Eco Fuel Systems Thane and details of the research are mentioned earlier. This is an Advanced Closed Loop system with all the components of Lovato including the Lambda and the step up motor. The cylinder is of 14kg capacity which fills upto 10Kg. The installation was good and the car gave good response to the system.

I have driven around 500kms post the installation and car is perfectly fine. Abosolutely no drop in performance with AC on and Bumper to Bumper Mumbai Traffic as well as on the Highway (have done a speed of 120kmph on CNG). The mileage given by the car is around 22-23km/kg. I drive from Thane to BKC everyday and hence its a mix of city traffic drive and HW drive.

The only thing I was worrying about the spare wheel as to now how would I remove that. I didnt check on this with Rajesh while taking the delivery of the car as was getting late for office. I went to him today and asked him the question and then he asked his guy to show how the wheel is removed. It can be taken out after removing the backrest of the rear seat. It needs to be put down and then removed. Then the spare wheel can be removed safely.

@Jassy1313 - The is not at all behaving like the symptoms you are saying for your Swift which I presume is more of tuning issue. No wobbling of the interiors, The car doesnt get turned off while slowing down or braking, the engine check light is not on. Also I didnt feel my car to be more bouncier. You have also got Lovato kit and this guy from whom I have installed the kit is the Authorised Distributor of Lovato for entire Mumbai and Thane region. This guy have really skilled men for tuning and all. Might be you can try showing your car to this guy for tuning and he will be able to fix the issues you are facing. If you have also bought the kit from Authorised Dealer your warranty should work here and this guy should not charge you.

@AGP - Did you also get your car converted? If yes from where and hows the car working now and how was the installation?

Regards
Abhi
Attached Thumbnails
Advice on CNG Conversion-dsc03962.jpg  

Advice on CNG Conversion-dsc03963.jpg  

Advice on CNG Conversion-dsc03965.jpg  

Advice on CNG Conversion-dsc03967.jpg  

Advice on CNG Conversion-dsc03970.jpg  

Advice on CNG Conversion-dsc03971.jpg  

Advice on CNG Conversion-dsc03972.jpg  

Advice on CNG Conversion-dsc03973.jpg  

caabhishek is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 19th March 2012, 13:14   #189
Senior - BHPian

You need to fold he rear seats to access the spare tyre. 14 kg capacity cylinder has this problem. If you had tried the cylinder with 12 kg capacity, probably the spare tyre could have been fitted on the cylinder kit in Vertical position. This would not have required the folding if the rear seats to access it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by caabhishek View Post
Hi

As mentioned in my earlier posts in this thread please find here the installations pics for my Swift Vxi. I have installed Lovato Kit from Eco Fuel Systems Thane and details of the research are mentioned earlier. This is an Advanced Closed Loop system with all the components of Lovato including the Lambda and the step up motor. The cylinder is of 14kg capacity which fills upto 10Kg. The installation was good and the car gave good response to the system.

I have driven around 500kms post the installation and car is perfectly fine. Abosolutely no drop in performance with AC on and Bumper to Bumper Mumbai Traffic as well as on the Highway (have done a speed of 120kmph on CNG). The mileage given by the car is around 22-23km/kg. I drive from Thane to BKC everyday and hence its a mix of city traffic drive and HW drive.

The only thing I was worrying about the spare wheel as to now how would I remove that. I didnt check on this with Rajesh while taking the delivery of the car as was getting late for office. I went to him today and asked him the question and then he asked his guy to show how the wheel is removed. It can be taken out after removing the backrest of the rear seat. It needs to be put down and then removed. Then the spare wheel can be removed safely.

@Jassy1313 - The is not at all behaving like the symptoms you are saying for your Swift which I presume is more of tuning issue. No wobbling of the interiors, The car doesnt get turned off while slowing down or braking, the engine check light is not on. Also I didnt feel my car to be more bouncier. You have also got Lovato kit and this guy from whom I have installed the kit is the Authorised Distributor of Lovato for entire Mumbai and Thane region. This guy have really skilled men for tuning and all. Might be you can try showing your car to this guy for tuning and he will be able to fix the issues you are facing. If you have also bought the kit from Authorised Dealer your warranty should work here and this guy should not charge you.

@AGP - Did you also get your car converted? If yes from where and hows the car working now and how was the installation?

Regards
Abhi
Old 19th March 2012, 17:18   #190
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CARDEEP View Post
You need to fold he rear seats to access the spare tyre. 14 kg capacity cylinder has this problem. If you had tried the cylinder with 12 kg capacity, probably the spare tyre could have been fitted on the cylinder kit in Vertical position. This would not have required the folding if the rear seats to access it.
Even on a 14kg cylinder only 10 kg can be filed. Considering a run of 60km per day even this is less for me. Every now and then I need to refill. I think its fine that spare wheel is at its place coz it would be used once in a while. The bigger capacity would be used everyday. Also the spare wheel would make noise if left idle in vertical position I think.
Old 19th March 2012, 17:34   #191
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by caabhishek View Post
Even on a 14kg cylinder only 10 kg can be filed. Considering a run of 60km per day even this is less for me. Every now and then I need to refill. I think its fine that spare wheel is at its place coz it would be used once in a while. The bigger capacity would be used everyday. Also the spare wheel would make noise if left idle in vertical position I think.
Less capacity is one big problem with the CNG cylinders, IMO if the pressure is full the cylinders will be filled to brim (12 kg or 14 kg, depending on the cylinder). However, I will try to get some pictures of my cylinder assembly, & believe me it does not rattle on the moonscape if the spare is screwed tightly.
Old 20th March 2012, 23:51   #192
Senior - BHPian

Hi guys,

From last few weeks i am facing mileage problem in cng with my accent. On a full tank of cng (around 8kg of gas) , i just manage to get around 85kms only with 50% ac, earlier i used to get around 125kms on full tank, and now some times on cng when the car is running it stops itself, than i have to shift her in petrol and than start again.

What could be the reason esp. for the mileage problem, as 2nd problems occurs occasionally ??

Thanks in advance
sameer
Old 24th March 2012, 23:31   #193
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sameerg001 View Post
Hi guys,

From last few weeks i am facing mileage problem in cng with my accent. On a full tank of cng (around 8kg of gas) , i just manage to get around 85kms only with 50% ac, earlier i used to get around 125kms on full tank, and now some times on cng when the car is running it stops itself, than i have to shift her in petrol and than start again.

What could be the reason esp. for the mileage problem, as 2nd problems occurs occasionally ??

Thanks in advance
sameer
Have you checked your airfilter?
Old 24th March 2012, 23:41   #194
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by maglev View Post
Have you checked your airfilter?
Yes, i checked the airfilter and cleaned it along with sparkplugs. Airfilter showed no signs of any wear and tear.

Thanks
Sameer
Old 25th March 2012, 00:42   #195
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sameerg001 View Post
Yes, i checked the airfilter and cleaned it along with sparkplugs. Airfilter showed no signs of any wear and tear.

Thanks
Sameer
How is it running on petrol ? any sluggishness ? Mileage ?

If it's behaving perfectly in petrol, then get the kit inspected - faulty Lambda or TAP or some issue with setting can cause this.

Most Viewed