Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 19th September 2013, 13:19   #391
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by caabhishek View Post
The CNG version of the New city also has this problem. The petrol indicator goes to empty when the car runs on CNG.

I mean the CNG variant launched by Honda.

My cousin has just bought CNG City V MT which has this issue. When contacted Honda they say it's normal.

Petrol indicator goes to empty and the petrol warning light stars blinking when running on CNG even when there is more than half tank petrol.
May be this is because the CNG variant launched by Honda is actually a retro fitted CNG kit by the dealer and not actually factory fitted.
That is why the vehicle is first registered as Petrol(only) vehicle, the CNG kit is installed after the arrival of RC. And the conversion is later endorsed onto the RC for bi-fuel.

Quote:
Originally Posted by saurabhkum View Post
Well seems to be something is a miss.. If Honda in their CNG version of City don't have this problem then why should any other I vtec has it? .
To be very true, i really dont know if this problem is faced in "CNG version of City".

Quote:
Also in that case you should have to manually fill up the amount of petrol you have added after every fill up because the system mentioned by you is used in Scangauge and after every fillup I've to update scangauge with amount of fuel I've filled.
The problem is a bit strange. Once i did a Tank Full of Petrol the indicator went upto the "F" mark.Then i drove the Car continuously on CNG for 500odd kms. The indicator remained on "F" mark. Then i drove the Car for around 50kms on Petrol and the indicator dipped one notch. Later irrespective of the Car running on CNG or Petrol the indicator dipped until "E". Then again to verify the actual level, i did a Tank full and hardly 10ltrs went in and the indicator touched "F" mark.

Last edited by aah78 : 19th September 2013 at 19:11. Reason: Posts merged.
Old 19th September 2013, 14:55   #392
BHPian

Re: Advice on CNG Conversion

Quote:
Originally Posted by RHCP View Post
To be very true, i really dont know if this problem is faced in "CNG version of City".

The problem is a bit strange. Once i did a Tank Full of Petrol the indicator went upto the "F" mark.Then i drove the Car continuously on CNG for 500odd kms. The indicator remained on "F" mark. Then i drove the Car for around 50kms on Petrol and the indicator dipped one notch. Later irrespective of the Car running on CNG or Petrol the indicator dipped until "E". Then again to verify the actual level, i did a Tank full and hardly 10ltrs went in and the indicator touched "F" mark.
By any chance is there any possibility that the same gauge is displaying both CNG and Petrol quantity in the respective tanks? If it was working well earlier or even if it worked well for first 500 kms , which means that approx 2 times refilling of CNG then how come this behavior started? When the gas is low say less than half the tank capacity and fuel is full and when you turn the ignition to on position then what does the gauge displays? Does it change once you start the car?
According to my understanding this shouldn't happen until and unless honda rather than keeping sensors in tank for the quantity of fuel has only kept the data coming from ecu to keep subtracting the amount of fuel left in the tank, but in that case the fuel gauge shouldn't go back to full when you refuel the petrol..
I still feel something is missing, can you check with Honda people to understand how the fuel gauge works in their CNG model City?
Old 19th September 2013, 18:33   #393
BHPian

Quote:
By any chance is there any possibility that the same gauge is displaying both CNG and Petrol quantity in the respective tanks?
No. The fuel gauge only indicates the Petrol level. Different Lovato device "CNG switch + LED indicators" displays the CNG level.

Quote:
When the gas is low say less than half the tank capacity and fuel is full and when you turn the ignition to on position then what does the gauge displays?
It displays full.

Quote:
According to my understanding this shouldn't happen until and unless honda rather than keeping sensors in tank for the quantity of fuel has only kept the data coming from ecu to keep subtracting the amount of fuel left in the tank, but in that case the fuel gauge shouldn't go back to full when you refuel the petrol..
This is the exact explaination given by the installer.
The fuel gauge goes to full only when i do a tank full(autocut). It doesn't move a bit with Rs.500/-or even Rs.1000/-worth re-fuelling.

As you rightly said, I really need to find someone who owns so called CNGed CITY.
Old 20th September 2013, 13:29   #394
BHPian

Now go for Branded CNG Fitments with CertfiedCNG

OEM quality fitments by an organized company offering 2 years warranty with professional installation.

http://www.certifiedcng.com/
Old 24th September 2013, 20:58   #395
BHPian

Finally decided to get my CNG conversion from Suraj Autogas. Gave my car yesterday. Will post a review after I get it.
Old 1st October 2013, 12:57   #396
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by 9thsphinx View Post
I couldn't find a better place to post this - Mods please move to a relevant thread, if any.

The plight of CNG in Gujarat (June 2013)

]

This news should bring in some cheer ....

http://www.business-standard.com/art...3000968_1.html
geekyengineer is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th October 2013, 17:31   #397
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kenpachi View Post
Hi,

This is my first post on BHP, so please excuse me if I break any forum rules.

Can anyone recommend a good CNG installer in Navi Mumbai/Mumbai.
I have been reading all CNG related threads on team-bhp, and have realized how important it is to get a quality installer.

I have called quite a few places to get quotes. I have a Hyundai i20 Magna (2009). These are the quotes I got from the installers I called -

Dashmesh Impex (Vashi) - 46K for Sequential Bugatti Kit. Never heard of this kit nor was I able to find a car on bhp with this kit. The guy from Dashmesh was pretty knowledgeable, He said that Bugatti is an Argentinian kit which is made by a guy who left Tomasetto Achille. He also went on to say that the ECM
for all major CNG kits are made by an Italian company called AEB.

Car Kraft (Vashi) - 55K for Sequential BRC Kit. The guy I spoke to (Haymen) does OEM fitment for Honda City's. I asked him why so expensive, to which his reply was "abhi 55 hai, next week tak 60 ho sakta hai".

Fortune CNG (Vashi) - They have three brand offerings -
Chinse stuff - 45K for sequential
Lovato - 50K for sequential
OMVL - 55k for sequential + 2 years warranty

Green Globe (Mulund/Vashi) - I spoke to a lady attendant who offered me a choice between open and closed loop systems. Price for both was around 30-35K. She said they have Greco kits, which I realized after reading a few threads here is their in house rebranded kit.

Suraj Auto Gas (Bandra) - Based on the numerous good reviews here, I decided to give them a call and see. I people I interacted with were very professional and sounded extremely competent. They are giving a Lovato sequential kit for 51.5K.

Out of these installers, I find Dashmesh and Suraj Autogas to be very good based on my interation with them and online reviews.

It would be great if others could shed some light on CNG installers in Navi Mumbai

Regards,
Kenpachi
I got the bugatti sequential kit installed in my Civic from Dashmesh Impex two year's back. The initial two months were a bit troubling, as sequential was new for them and it took 7~8 visits to get it "tuned" properly. Since then the kit has performed perfectly ( no problems at all except for a minor loss of power - as good as petrol ). I keep replacing the air filters and spark plugs every 7K~8K kms
Old 24th October 2013, 20:42   #398
DOJ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kenpachi View Post
Finally decided to get my CNG conversion from Suraj Autogas. Gave my car yesterday. Will post a review after I get it.
How was your experience with Suraj Autogas? What was the kit type you installed in your car?
Old 28th October 2013, 00:54   #399
BHPian

Hey All,

I was curious about installing CNG in my 2012 BS IV Wagon R Vxi. Based on the research and reading in this forum, I decided to go ahead.
I have installed the OMVL Sequential Kit from Fortune Distributors, Navi Mumbai. Cost me a whopping 55K. I have installed it on Saturday (25-Oct-13).
As of today, it's running good , with a little bit of vibration and little loss of power. But, i think i may have to give more visits to configure the ECU.

I am not sure how do I calculate the economy - since my petrol tanki is almost 3/4th full. Well, will keep you guys posted on it as the days pass by.

Good Night.
Old 3rd November 2013, 20:17   #400
BHPian

Hi,

Just completed 300 Kms on the CNG. Very good experience on the OMVL sequential kit. The service of Fortune Distributors is also very quick and easy to approach.
Old 26th November 2013, 22:44   #401
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DOJ View Post
How was your experience with Suraj Autogas? What was the kit type you installed in your car?
I installed a lovato sequential kit from Suraj Autogas. The quality of installation was very good. I didn't have to go back for any kind of tune ups or issues. In terms of neatness, I think they could have done the installation in a much more stealth fashion. The fuel injectors look a bit untidy and exposed and the gass pressure meter is hidden under the engine.

Recently I got some knocking problems, which were fixed when I went there. I would say you can safely get your CNG kit installed from them
Old 29th November 2013, 07:27   #402
BHPian

Hi All

Looks like a bad news for the public transport and the CNG car owners in Mumbai/India.

CNG prices to go up by 50% in Mumbai.

TOI : CNG prices may rise by up to 50 percent - CNG prices may rise by up to 50 percent http://toi.in/VhsNca @timesofindia

Don't know what the government and SC I'd upto. Leaving apart the price factor for environment CNG use should be promoted by them.

Due to this CNG will be at par with Diesel thereby again putting pressure on environment and the government through subsidy.

Abhi
caabhishek is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd December 2013, 18:08   #403
Distinguished - BHPian

And now the worst fear hits: CNG in Pune will cost Rs. 65/- per kg

Wonder what the owners will do who spent big money to convert to CNG. Looks like the Govt. is hell bent on closing all options of affordable traveling for us. There is hardly anything left whose price is not hiked.

Link to news: http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/c...w/26758882.cms
Old 3rd December 2013, 18:28   #404
BHPian

I started off with CNG when it was around 17rs/KG, now down to 47rs ... 160 odd kms for 400rs of CNG ... :(
Old 11th December 2013, 15:55   #405
Max
BHPian

Installed New Pads above rear shock springs

Last month, I installed these pads above rear shock springs in my car to increase rear height which went down due to weight of CNG cylinder. Cost about Rs.600 including labor. Now cars under body is no longer scrapping on oversize speed breakers or potholes and overall car is feeling more stable. I highly recommend getting them installed, if you feel rear is gone lower due to weight of CNG cylinder.

SUSPENSION PADS
Advice on CNG Conversion-suspensionpads.jpg

Rear Height Before Pads Installation
Advice on CNG Conversion-suspensionbefore.jpg

Rear Height After Pads Installation
Advice on CNG Conversion-suspension_after.jpg

Also, recently got mileage of 30KM / Kg (2 times) on Mumbai Pune Express way with 100% A/C on while cruising at 90 kmph at 2700 rpm

Last edited by Max : 11th December 2013 at 15:59.
Max is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks