Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 25th June 2014, 14:18   #451
BHPian

Re: Advice on CNG Conversion

Quote:
Originally Posted by a4amish View Post
@StrangeWizard I still use Chevrolet Beat PS with an additional CNG - Lovato Sequential Kit installed from Shivam NX @ Koparkhairane, Navi Mumbai.

Problem has been reduced after the last time the Shivam NX @Koparkhairane guy did some tweaks (He did not tell me what exactly he did).

Full Tank i.e. 9 Kgs - 10 Kgs. CNG runs for almost 190 - 200 Kms.

190-200 kms sounds good man. My spark used to run for 130 kms max on a single tank of gas.

I will be converting my Beat through GreenGlobe Gas which is known to be Mumbai's biggest retrofitters. A BHPian friend also recommended me the same so I will be trying it out. Just waiting for my RC to arrive.

If you still face problems with the CNG kit then why don't you show it to some other reputed installed? Who knows your problem might get solved easily
StrangeWizard is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 25th June 2014, 16:11   #452
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by StrangeWizard View Post
My spark used to run for 130 kms max on a single tank of gas.
My spark also gives 190-200 kms on a single tank of gas. You may wish to get your car serviced.
sparkguy is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th June 2014, 19:29   #453

Quote:
Originally Posted by StrangeWizard View Post
190-200 kms sounds good man. My spark used to run for 130 kms max on a single tank of gas.

I will be converting my Beat through GreenGlobe Gas which is known to be Mumbai's biggest retrofitters. A BHPian friend also recommended me the same so I will be trying it out. Just waiting for my RC to arrive.

If you still face problems with the CNG kit then why don't you show it to some other reputed installed? Who knows your problem might get solved easily
@StrangeWizard - I would highly recommend Suraj AutoGas for your new CNG Kit installation.

Green Globe's reviews are not that great as compared to Suraj AutoGas my friend.

Adding this as I did a big mistake while getting the CNG Kit installed by this local vendor Shivam NX @ Koparkhairane, Navi Mumbai. I don't want anybody else to face problems like I have been facing for now.

Contact Details:
Suraj AutoGas
9820849519, 9324016840

Address:
Suraj Auto Gas,
next to PF Bldg & RNA Tower,
Service Road,
Western Exp Highway,
Bandra (E),
Mumbai - 400051

Please refer to the following thread for more details.

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/mumbai...ra-mumbai.html
Old 26th June 2014, 10:08   #454

CNG kit registration query

Hi friends,

First post up here (got membership approval last night). So here's a query first off.

I installed a CNG kit a few days back in my Hyundai Eon from a retrofitter in Ghatkopar, Mumbai. Prior to installation, my insurance was due to expire and I did not renew it thinking I'd take out a fresh policy once the CNG kit is installed (so as to cover both the car and the kit in one shot).

As it turns out, after the kit installation, insurance companies won't cover my car as the kit has not been registered yet on the RTO. Catch 22 is: the RTO won't endorse my kit if the car does not have a valid insurance.

I asked the insurer sales rep if they can issue a policy only toward the car (minus the un-endorsed CNG kit, which will help me get the RTO registration done) but they cited what I thought was a lame reason: they can't issue a single-fuel policy for a bio-fuel car ("What if the CNG kit causes some problems to the car and you make a claim?" the rep asked). I even offered an undertaking to waive off my right to make a claim till the kit is endorsed and then the CNG kit is later added as an additional cover but to no avail.

Please help.
Old 26th June 2014, 11:45   #455
BHPian

Re: CNG kit registration query

A suggestion, but needs validation by other members:

Take your old policy, try sites such as policybazaar.com to get a renewal on the car, considering it as it was earlier. Then approach RTO for registration of CNG. Then go back to your insurer of choice for addition of CNG in the policy, and payment of any additional amount if necessary.

Caveat: Since your insurance has lapsed, the new insurer may ask for a physical inspection of the car. At this point, the above plan has a failure, but you could give it a try anyway.

Note to Mods: If this is incorrect, or something that should NOT be done, please edit the post suitably to reflect the same.

Last edited by latentpotential : 26th June 2014 at 11:46. Reason: Word
latentpotential is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th June 2014, 11:46   #456
BHPian

Re: CNG kit registration query

This may be a little costly way. The RTO only requires that you have a valid Third party (liability) insurance. You should be able to get a Third Party Insurance, for which, the Insurance company doesn't need to see your vehicle. I don't think the private insurers give this out that easy. You can try with new india assurance or oriental insurance etc. Atleast I had my father do this for an old bike when I was out of town and the comprehensive policy had expired a couple a months before.
debugged is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th June 2014, 22:23   #457
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sparkguy View Post
My spark also gives 190-200 kms on a single tank of gas. You may wish to get your car serviced.
Oh that car is sold. Black spark exchanged for a black beat

Btw what type of kit are you running on your Spark? Mine was Lovatek closed loop.
Old 27th June 2014, 16:00   #458

Quote:
Originally Posted by latentpotential View Post
A suggestion, but needs validation by other members:

Take your old policy, try sites such as policybazaar.com to get a renewal on the car, considering it as it was earlier. Then approach RTO for registration of CNG. Then go back to your insurer of choice for addition of CNG in the policy, and payment of any additional amount if necessary.

Caveat: Since your insurance has lapsed, the new insurer may ask for a physical inspection of the car. At this point, the above plan has a failure, but you could give it a try anyway.

Note to Mods: If this is incorrect, or something that should NOT be done, please edit the post suitably to reflect the same.
Thanks for the suggestion, latentpotential. But the roadblock is as you'd expected, since my policy has lapsed, insurers insist on physical inspection. Though now Bharti Axa seems to have agreed to cover my car basis documents that the CNG kit retrofitter had provided me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by debugged View Post
This may be a little costly way. The RTO only requires that you have a valid Third party (liability) insurance. You should be able to get a Third Party Insurance, for which, the Insurance company doesn't need to see your vehicle. I don't think the private insurers give this out that easy. You can try with new india assurance or oriental insurance etc. Atleast I had my father do this for an old bike when I was out of town and the comprehensive policy had expired a couple a months before.
That's a good idea, debugged. Thanks.
Old 1st August 2014, 13:44   #459
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jassy1313 View Post
hii guyz,

I have converted my Swift Zxi, 2008 model to a closed loop Lovato kit with Lamba & tap (not of same company)on Dec, 2011 at Zero pollution Kandivali West, Mumbai and now Iam facing problems with it.

1. After few kms, the car vibrates (the interior wobbles) when i drive on CNG. i have to take the car to the mechanic there, he does some tuning and then its fine again. But, the third day it happens again. So i have to drive back again and get the tuning done. This has become a regular process now & is very frustating. The mechanic says, yeh toh hota rehta hai, is it ???

2. There are, at times while driving on CNG, when the brakes are applied, the car stops and i have to restart it again. Again, no specific answer from the mechanic !!!

3. the Check engine light is always ON with CNG. is it for all the car ???

4. Also the car has become more bouncier. The rear passengers always complain about the car not being very smooth. My tyre pressure with Nitrogen is 34.

Guys please help me with a solution or also suggest me a genuine mechanic or a CNG dealer in Mumbai who can solve this issue.I stay at Malad West, Mumbai
Avoid this place at all costs guys. The owner Yogesh Panchal is a rip off and their jobs are crap too. I had got an LPG kit fitted in my Esteem from them in 2005 and had lots of problems with it too.
Old 4th August 2014, 15:22   #460
Senior - BHPian

Spoke to Mr. Arun Jain of Suraj Auto Gas and he said the Lovato kit may have some Indian parts as the Indian distributor may choose to have those in there as a part of kits meant for us. Price for sequential is 47k.

Also called Eco Fuel Systems in Thane and was quoted 50k for sequential Lovato. The guy on the phone said I can get more details from Rajesh or Rachit. Its funny how they claim to be sole distributors of Lovato but prices are higher than dealers
Old 4th August 2014, 17:59   #461
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by straight6 View Post
Spoke to Mr. Arun Jain of Suraj Auto Gas and he said the Lovato kit may have some Indian parts as the Indian distributor may choose to have those in there as a part of kits meant for us. Price for sequential is 47k.

Also called Eco Fuel Systems in Thane and was quoted 50k for sequential Lovato. The guy on the phone said I can get more details from Rajesh or Rachit. Its funny how they claim to be sole distributors of Lovato but prices are higher than dealers
Straight

Pls. stick to the best in the business:

[COLOR=#0D0D0D]Greenglobe Solutions[/COLOR]
Plot No. 151, Brick Factory Compound,
Shastri Nagar,
Mulund Colony,
Mumbai - 400082,
Maharashtra
India
Tel.: +91 2567 7775
Fax :
+91 2590 0903
Mobile: +91 98197 49360
+91 98197 49370
Email: sales.ggfs@gmail.com
sales@greenglobe3.com

[COLOR=#0D0D0D]Web site: http://www.greenglobe3.com[/COLOR]

Greenglobe are also the authorized re-testers for Maruti factory fitted kits and for all fitments in Tab Cabs and Merus.
arnabchak is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th August 2014, 19:38   #462
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by arnabchak View Post
Straight

Pls. stick to the best in the business:

[COLOR=#0D0D0D]Greenglobe Solutions[/COLOR]
Plot No. 151, Brick Factory Compound,
Shastri Nagar,
Mulund Colony,
Mumbai - 400082,
Maharashtra
India
Tel.: +91 2567 7775
Fax :
+91 2590 0903
Mobile: +91 98197 49360
+91 98197 49370
Email: sales.ggfs@gmail.com
sales@greenglobe3.com

[COLOR=#0D0D0D]Web site: http://www.greenglobe3.com[/COLOR]

Greenglobe are also the authorized re-testers for Maruti factory fitted kits and for all fitments in Tab Cabs and Merus.
Yes, I've read about them too. A few here have commented that they are more bothered about the cabs and they don't deal in Lovato either.

I will still call them and get a quote. Thanks a lot.

Last edited by straight6 : 4th August 2014 at 19:44.
straight6 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th August 2014, 11:27   #463
Senior - BHPian

Called Green Globe Kandivali and got a quote of 45k including RC endorsement for a Lovato sequential kit. The lady said price is same for Landi Renzo, Greco and one other brand.

She said they don't service any cabs or commercial vehicles at this branch. I'll be paying them and Suraj Auto a visit to check the kit before I take the plunge.
Old 7th August 2014, 19:41   #464

Hi friends,

I got a sequential kit installed at a retrofitter in Mumbai but opted for self-endorsement instead of having the retrofitter do it.

A few days back, I went to Worli RTO and made the application for endorsement of the kit, and was issued two receipts (of Rs 394 and Rs 100). But a CNG pump refused to tank up gas saying since I don't have the metal plate yet, and said the two receipts werent valid. He said I would need to submit a set of my CNG kit docs at the Andheri RTO from where MGL would issue me a small reciept that could be used for this purpose. My registration is MH03.

How can I obtain this MGL reciept. Also, will the metal plate be mailed along with my new endorsed RC book or is that procured separately?
Old 11th August 2014, 11:39   #465
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by a4amish View Post
@StrangeWizard - Adding this as I did a big mistake while getting the CNG Kit installed by this local vendor Shivam NX @ Koparkhairane, Navi Mumbai.

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/mumbai...ra-mumbai.html
Have you still not got a resolution of your problem. Did visiting suraj gas help in any ways?
vorajay is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks