Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 7th January 2012, 14:00   #61
BHPian

Re: My Turbocharged Maruti 800 MPFi

M800 turbo - Update

Its been about 6 months since my last post about my Turbo M800. The car has been doing fine. Drove down to Cochin a few times. The drive was fun without any issues.

Had some dwell issues playing up during idle (ignition timing). Race Dynamics (Karthik) made some changes to the Piggyback ECU hardware and software/firmare to accommodate the dwell issue.
Old 29th March 2012, 23:10   #62
BHPian

Can you share some vital figures of your car , performance (0-60), mileage etc.,. And some latest pics would do some justice. Very eagerly waiting for the latest pics.

Happy and safe Motoring
Old 11th February 2013, 21:46   #63
BHPian

DIY Catch Can for my Turbo M800

It was christmas time and I decided to gift my M800 a homemade “Catch Can”. So I made one with some donated automotive junk. The idea was to add a PCV catch can in line with the system to collect oil by condensing oil vapor on its way to the intake. This helps reduce gunk from being sucked back into the engine.

Big thanks to the A/C service guy who gave me a discarded aluminum can. My mechanic gave me a plastic valve cover cap with a breather, I think its from a Mahindra not sure though. Removed a hose fitting from a busted Ford Ikon fuel pump. The only thing I bought new was a fuel tap (Rs 48/-)

1. Cut open the aluminum A/C can, emptied and cleaned it well.
2. Drilled a hole on top of the plastic valve cover cap to accept a metal hose fitting.
3. Modified the valve cover O-ring seats to make the O-rings snug fit onto the aluminum can.
4. Cut a piece of hose to run from valve cover breather side to about 3/4th into the aluminum can
5. Made baffles from steel rolled mesh to trap oil vapor
6. A thick closely woven layer of metal mesh was installed on the underside of the plastic cap.
7. A loosely fit layer of metal mesh was installed below the top layer, about 3-4 inch into the can
8. Drilled 2 holes on the top of the can. Small screws were inserted to safely secure the plastic top.
9. Installed Catch Can setup behind the intake plenum with a bracket
10. Connected valve cover breather to the rubber hose that goes into the aluminum can
11. Connected metal hose fitting on top to air filter piping before turbo.
12. Drilled and installed a new fuel tap below the aluminum can to drain out trapped oil

Thats it, you have a functional Catch Can made from auto scrap !!!
Attached Thumbnails
My Turbocharged Maruti 800 MPFi-catchcan1.jpg  

My Turbocharged Maruti 800 MPFi-catch-can-top.jpg  

My Turbocharged Maruti 800 MPFi-catch-can-bottom.jpg  

Old 24th February 2013, 13:16   #64
BHPian

Maruti 800 TURBO -Injector upgrade

History:

Maruti 800 MPFi 4 speed came with very small injectors. My M800 turbocharged setup has been running on 172cc Baleno injectors till a few days back.

As i was upping the boost, it was doing good until i did a few longer pulls on 3rd and 4th gear and i could feel lean spots. This is with the injectors wide open. So....as expected I needed bigger injectors to get it running better on high boost.

After some internet searching I found some suitable OEM injectors that may work well. Fitting these injectors needed some changes/mods to be done on the fuel rail bracket etc. to accommodate larger injectors. I always wanted to try out one of the denso variants that came with 12 hole vis-à-vis 4 holes on stock injectors. There was one problem though – it was expensive and not very common. Finally , sometime back I got myself a set of Denso 12 hole injectors.

The Baleno 172cc injectors were upgraded to these Denso 265cc injectors a couple of days back. The fuel maps were scaled down to get the fueling right for idle and low boost and car fired up and idled perfectly. Needs more tuning on high boost cells but the power delivery is much better than before.
Attached Thumbnails
My Turbocharged Maruti 800 MPFi-denso-12-injector2.jpg  

My Turbocharged Maruti 800 MPFi-denso-12-injector4.jpg  

Last edited by swiftboost : 24th February 2013 at 13:17.
swiftboost is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 7th July 2014, 03:09   #65
BHPian

Swiftboost....could you please update us on the latest developments on your car .It would be interesting to read. I own a mpfi 5 speed too and was looking at making some changes to it from the current stock condition.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks