Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 19th July 2013, 11:27   #136
BHPian

Re: Projector Headlamps for VW Vento

Quote:
Originally Posted by smokin View Post
sir the dealer you are talking is the most reputable dealer of delhi named(AUTO MARC)
he import them directly from company and its not malaysian its taiwan company
the price you mentioned is minus duties,shipping,taxes

this price is perfect with indian rupees as we also sell this at same price from eagle eyes

the product is genuine for sure
Thanks for the info. I re-checked the Eagle Eyes Website and seems it is Taiwanese but I wonder why they have dealers only in Malaysia and one dealer in Singapore.
Anyway do you deal in such headlights. What is the price you quote with shipping it to Bangalore. From your post it seems it is 25k. Please PM me since I am very much interested in this product.
Old 19th July 2013, 18:57   #137
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kris_risk View Post
@ ambivalent_98: I am as well in the market for projector set up for my Vento though I am being vehemently dissuaded by the tribe that frightens me of VW's warranty policy. Nevertheless, the Auto Connections guy (I guess you got his contacts via the team-bhp classifieds) claims that it is purely plug-in play and absolutely no changes with the wiring. The person confirmed that they have tie-up with the Banglore VW showroom as well to supply these headlamps (claim to be verified) and also the eagleeyes-asia.com connections.

In any case, if you do end up finding any option that does not need meddling with the wiring, please keep me in the loop as I am in the market for some reliable vento projectors set-up.
Hey you know what I have already got my factory fitted headlights upgraded to a higher wattage yellow. I think the factory fitted ones are 50-60W and I have got 110W. That makes a huge difference. Now when I enquired for the projectors (the pictures in my earlier post) I really liked what I saw. Also there is no intervention in the wiring and these can be plug and play (so claimed by the Delhi dealer earlier).

I posted it here since I was not sure who the advertiser was. As per the earlier post he seems to be a big and reliable retailer based in New Delhi. I am in Bangalore but there is no re-seller. I went around JC Road which is the Bangalore auto market but I did not find anything relevant.
I will keep you posted if I do manage to strike a deal with this dealer in Delhi and he can ship me those headlights. Considering 25k that he has quoted me its a risk but lets see how it materialises.

Just for your reference here is the mail I exchanged. THe response was prompt and I didn't get much time to follow up due to work

--------------------------------------------------
Dear Mr. Ranade,

Thanks for your Query and showing your interest in our products

Please find the answer between the lines marked in Red

if any other question, please feel free to contact us

On 15/06/13 3:50 PM, Sarvesh Ranade wrote:
Hi,
I saw your ad in the Overdrive June 2013 issue for headlamps for Polo. I own a Vento and I am very much interested in purchasing the headlights you have shown in the picture.
However I have a few questions.
1) Will the lights (include LEDs manufactured by Eagle Eyes Auto Lamps) fit the Vento ? Yes, it is also suitable for vento
2) What modification will be required in the electrical system of the car ? (Like a current / voltage booster , connectors etc) No modification Required, Just Plug 'n' Play
3) What is price for a pair of these lights ? Rs.25000 Includes the shipping cost
4) Do you have a sales associate / dealer in Bangalore who can help me since I am in Bangalore at the moment ? once payment is reflected in our account we can ship directly

Please let me know since I am very much interested.

Regards,
Sarvesh Ranade

--
Thanks and Best Regards
Himanshu
Auto Connections
M-15,Palika Bhawan, Opp. Hyatt Regency
New Delhi-110066, India
Ph:-+91-11-47585000
Mobile:- +91-9953955000

Last edited by ambivalent_98 : 19th July 2013 at 19:00.
Old 20th July 2013, 22:59   #138
BHPian

@ambivalent_98: Thanks for the update and may be one of our Team-bhpian friends in Delhi can help checkout these guys?

I also wrote to Auto Connections as well and got the same response but one of your questions is very valid.. Even if we got the item shipped to us, how do we fix it.

Anyway, if you get any firm update, please do update this post or PM me.
Old 25th July 2013, 09:40   #139
BHPian

as mentioned its plug n play directly

you just have to remove old headlamps and just connect the sockets which can be done by any local electrician over there or by you also if you know how to remove bumpers and headlamps

headlamps came with normal halogen bulbs ,if you want hid/xenon then extra is there
Old 1st August 2013, 11:32   #140
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by smokin View Post
sir the dealer you are talking is the most reputable dealer of delhi named(AUTO MARC)
he import them directly from company and its not malaysian its taiwan company
the price you mentioned is minus duties,shipping,taxes

this price is perfect with indian rupees as we also sell this at same price from eagle eyes

the product is genuine for sure
Any re-seller in Bangalore or South India in general ? Why are all these people only in New Delhi ? Please let me know if you know anyone here in the South dealing with Eagle Eye products.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kris_risk View Post
@ambivalent_98: Thanks for the update and may be one of our Team-bhpian friends in Delhi can help checkout these guys?

I also wrote to Auto Connections as well and got the same response but one of your questions is very valid.. Even if we got the item shipped to us, how do we fix it.

Anyway, if you get any firm update, please do update this post or PM me.
VW headlamps are quite simple to remove. A year ago I changed the bulbs myself. The right hand side is tricky to remove due to a space crunch. The left one is quite easy. The whole assembly comes out quite easily as one piece. I think it should not be much difficult.
Old 2nd September 2013, 17:05   #141
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ambivalent_98 View Post
Any re-seller in Bangalore or South India in general ? Why are all these people only in New Delhi ? Please let me know if you know anyone here in the South dealing with Eagle Eye products.

VW headlamps are quite simple to remove. A year ago I changed the bulbs myself. The right hand side is tricky to remove due to a space crunch. The left one is quite easy. The whole assembly comes out quite easily as one piece. I think it should not be much difficult.
Hi,
i have just ordered the Vw Gti headlamps from Auto connections and it is on the way and i paid Rs.25000. i have a installer here in chennai to fix the same. i have a H7 Osram 4300K ready to go in to the low beam projectors. i was quoted Rs.9500 and carries 3 years warranty for the HID. ill post the pictures after i install the same.

gokul
Gocool2007 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd September 2013, 11:42   #142
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gocool2007 View Post
Hi,
i have just ordered the Vw Gti headlamps from Auto connections and it is on the way and i paid Rs.25000. i have a installer here in chennai to fix the same. i have a H7 Osram 4300K ready to go in to the low beam projectors. i was quoted Rs.9500 and carries 3 years warranty for the HID. ill post the pictures after i install the same.

gokul
PLease upload the pictures. By the way I thought the Eagle Eye lamps are just plug and play. You are saying you have OSRAM 4300l ready to into the low beam projectors. I don't quite follow.
I thought the projectors are a part of the Eagle Eyes. Please clarify. Maybe when you post the pix things would be clearer. Thanks for sharing that you have ordered from Auto Connexions. I am very curious about the installation and the overall experience. PLease post your experience.
Old 3rd September 2013, 23:29   #143
BHPian

@gokul: Please do upload the pictures.. would be very interested to see the outcome and how satisfied you are with the fit and finish. I have been closely watching this thread and "Auto Connections" as well. Obviously, VW warranty would a huge factor to consider but I guess as long as the wires are not cut, it should be ok?

As ambivalent_98 asked, you have mentioned of OSRAM but aren't Eagle Eyes all-in-one pNp?
Old 5th September 2013, 16:14   #144
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ambivalent_98 View Post
PLease upload the pictures. By the way I thought the Eagle Eye lamps are just plug and play. You are saying you have OSRAM 4300l ready to into the low beam projectors. I don't quite follow.
I thought the projectors are a part of the Eagle Eyes. Please clarify. Maybe when you post the pix things would be clearer. Thanks for sharing that you have ordered from Auto Connexions. I am very curious about the installation and the overall experience. PLease post your experience.
Hi,
i received the (Big) Parcel today from Auto Connections, Delhi well packed. the quality is as good as the OEM and the headlamps look very nice and more than what i expected. The Low Beam is projectors with H7 halogen and the high beam is H1 halogen. I intend to remove the halogen from the low beam and install a HID kit (Osram H7 4300K). i will post pictures shortly of the install and i hope it clarifies.

thanks

gokul
Gocool2007 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th September 2013, 19:26   #145
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:

Hi,
i received the (Big) Parcel today from Auto Connections, Delhi well packed. the quality is as good as the OEM and the headlamps look very nice and more than what i expected. The Low Beam is projectors with H7 halogen and the high beam is H1 halogen. I intend to remove the halogen from the low beam and install a HID kit (Osram H7 4300K). i will post pictures shortly of the install and i hope it clarifies.

thanks

gokul
Please post the pics of the head lamps from different angles and also the backside connectors
Old 14th September 2013, 14:28   #146
BHPian

Finally got to fit the headlamps. They were perfect fit and of good quality. Apart from the looks, it does very well in poor lit conditions and my luck it rained in chennai and driving in rain especially in the night is tricky in the Polo but after the change, its a breeze.

I have take some pics and all the connectors are plug and play and the quality is also much better than i expected. Osram lives up to its name. Led's not so bright , but looks very nice. If you are changing the headlamps, be prepared for attention.

Low Beam is H7, High Beam is H1, Parking lights are LED, Indicators are the same as OEM.

I have changed Low beam to HID 4300K - Osram 35W. Foglamps - H7, 3000K HID.
Attached Thumbnails
Projector Headlamps for VW Vento-image_10.jpeg  

Projector Headlamps for VW Vento-image_9.jpeg  

Projector Headlamps for VW Vento-image_8.jpeg  

Projector Headlamps for VW Vento-image_6.jpeg  

Projector Headlamps for VW Vento-image_7.jpeg  

Projector Headlamps for VW Vento-image_11.jpeg  

Projector Headlamps for VW Vento-image.jpeg  

Projector Headlamps for VW Vento-image_1.jpeg  

Projector Headlamps for VW Vento-image_4.jpeg  

Projector Headlamps for VW Vento-image_3.jpeg  

Old 14th September 2013, 14:58   #147
BHPian

Quote:
...I have changed Low beam to HID 4300K - Osram 35W. Foglamps - H7, 3000K HID.
Congrats on the new HLs. Very Clear cutoff line, which projectors did they use?
Old 14th September 2013, 16:09   #148
BHPian

Quote:
Finally got to fit the headlamps. They were perfect fit and of good quality. Apart from the looks, it does very well in poor lit conditions and my luck it rained in chennai and driving in rain especially in the night is tricky in the Polo but after the change, its a breeze.

I have take some pics and all the connectors are plug and play and the quality is also much better than i expected. Osram lives up to its name. Led's not so bright , but looks very nice. If you are changing the headlamps, be prepared for attention.

Low Beam is H7, High Beam is H1, Parking lights are LED, Indicators are the same as OEM.

I have changed Low beam to HID 4300K - Osram 35W. Foglamps - H7, 3000K HID.
Looks great on your Vento!
Old 15th September 2013, 16:32   #149
BHPian

HI,

Can someone pls. PM me the name of the person who does these jobs. I would like to check for my Xylo as well as the stock 60/55W bulb feels low on light.

Regards,
Rahul
Old 15th September 2013, 19:32   #150
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rahulya007 View Post
HI,

Can someone pls. PM me the name of the person who does these jobs. I would like to check for my Xylo as well as the stock 60/55W bulb feels low on light.

Regards,
Rahul
Check out,
Eagle Eyes
Retro Rides

However, none of the above will yield an High Quality(Read: Supreme Quality) OEM performance. For instance, a pair of high quality OEM Projectors+Shrounds+HID Kit will cost you about 25k. But these aftermarket HLs we are talking about, customize+projector-ize the HLs for about 10-15k. Google The Retro Fit Source and you can learn a whole lot about Projectors.

All the Best

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks