Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 16th March 2016, 18:01   #196
Team-BHP Support

Re: Projector Headlamps for VW Vento

Quote:
Originally Posted by vineet1712 View Post
I checked mine and they are aligned if i use this methodology. Still i feel that i have light more on left as compared to right. Might be an illusion .
In RHD (right hand drive) vehicles, the projector pattern is intentionally made high on left side and low on right side. This is to avoid glare to oncoming traffic, and to light the left side of the road better. This is normal. In LHD vehicles, this pattern is reversed, with right side beam higher than left side.
Old 25th March 2016, 10:11   #197
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ahad Najeeb View Post
Do Changing the stock headlights of the Vento void electrical warranty of the car?
Yes absolutely, Once you cut the wires the warranty is gone. On the other hand if you upgrade to 80w philips or other H7 bulbs it would put more load on the wires and could result in heated or even melted poem wires.
Old 25th March 2016, 21:02   #198
BHPian

Has anyone tried retrofitting headlamp washers? They seem to be factory installed on Vento (Polo Sedan) sold in Russia, along with HID headlamps.

I was thinking about getting the relevant VW parts, apart from the front bumper. Cutting through the existing bumper using dremel and attaching the cut-outsto washers, OE style, may work. However, I may decide against doing this as I'm not entirely willing to do it.

I would love to hear if someone has accomplished something similar to what I have described.
Old 24th June 2016, 17:32   #199
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vineet1712 View Post
I checked mine and they are aligned if i use this methodology. Still i feel that i have light more on left as compared to right. Might be an illusion .
That is how it should be. Light cutout is designed to avoid blinding oncoming traffic. In India lights need to project lower on the right hand side as the oncoming traffic is from that direction.
Old 6th April 2017, 11:19   #200

Hi, I was going through this thread and found out that you went for Eagle Eye Headlights. I got a quotation from Auto Marc Delhi, 26 k for these for my 2016 Vento TSI. They also confirmed me that it will be plug and play setup no wire cutting required.

1. is the quote alright?
2. How is the feedback on performance considering you have driven many miles after installing eagle eyes?
3. Any other upgrade in this setup required for better performance? Ex: Change the low/high beam bulb etc.?

Thanks in advance.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ambivalent_98 View Post
A rat just chewed out the wires going to the Eagle Eye on the RHS of my Vento. I went to the VW service and they were least helpful as they said they could not do anything about the projectors. The wires between the lamp connector and the actual lamp have been cut but the connector seems to be intact. They are severed very close to the connector.

Does anyone have any info on the A.S.S of Eagle Eye ? The evil rat has also managed to make a small hole in the back panel of the Lamp assembly. Any inputs will help. Also any info rat preventive engine entering solutions would also be helpful.
BrownBeastTSI is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd June 2017, 21:39   #201
BHPian

Hello
I recently got a bixenon projector setup from “genome” for my vento. I had planned to do this about a year and a half ago when the setup was advertised in the team bhp classifieds but could not .
Last month i did a trip to Mumbai & Pune and since this installer(Mr.Tanvir of proton performance) was based out of Pune I thought I would just get it done with.

All in all the total damage was about 23.8k.
All items are make “genome”.The kit comes with a nationwide warranty of 1year.
The projectors are of 3” size ; I could have avoided the angel eye ; but due to shortage of time could not wait for anything else
HID bulbs h1 55w 5000k ; along with 55w ballasts .
The DRL setup seems not so effective during the bright sunny days here in chennai. I also could not get the drl to light up with the ignition since that would have involved longer installation time.
It is connected to the indicators though.
Have removed the parking bulbs since the yellow colour was jarring .

Installation was done in situ in a basement in about 3-4 hours. From what i could make out the guy(Mr.Om) doing the job was pretty confident and sure of what he was doing and that was a confidence booster; supposedly he had done quite a number of vehicles.

Has been a “revelation” during the night drives especially in the highways and that was the main need.
I am planning to do something to have proper securing arrangement for the ballasts and the wires. Any suggestions would be helpful.

Attaching a few pictures.

Projector Headlamps for VW Vento-img_0474.jpg

Projector Headlamps for VW Vento-img_0464.jpg

Projector Headlamps for VW Vento-img_0477.jpg

Projector Headlamps for VW Vento-img_0468.jpg

Projector Headlamps for VW Vento-img_0521.jpg

Projector Headlamps for VW Vento-img_0519.jpg

Projector Headlamps for VW Vento-img_0520.jpg
Old 23rd June 2017, 23:32   #202
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by atlantis0965 View Post

Attaching a few pictures.
Hi atlantis0965,

How have they attached DRL strip within headlight. Would it be able to handle heat in our environment.

Regards.
Old 25th June 2017, 10:29   #203
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by antardaksh View Post
Hi atlantis0965,

How have they attached DRL strip within headlight. Would it be able to handle heat in our environment.

Regards.
Hi
The drl strip had a small groove which actually fitted properly in the assembly with a little help from small amounts of feviqwik ! Plus once the whole assembly was put together the polycarbonate glass made it more snug !
I have been checking the lights after almost every drive so far ranging from short drives to one in which they were continuously on for about 8hours ; and I have not noticed any overheating issues !
Of course I hardly park the car in open sunlight for long hours so I guess it should be okay !
atlantis0965 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th July 2017, 16:01   #204
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by atlantis0965 View Post
Hello
I recently got a bi-xenon projector setup from “genome” for my vento.
Hi Atlantis,

Congratulations!!!
I have a few questions regarding your projector setup, hope you don't mind answering them.

How do you turn on the DRLs, if they do not turn on with the ignition?
Are the same DRLs used for indicators and hazard lights i.e. they change their color to yellow and start flashing?
Were you given an option to choose the design or was this the only one available for Vento?
What happens to the stock headlight assembly, did he use the same to put projectors into?
How would you rate your overall satisfaction from the job and the performance of the projectors on the highway during night time?

Can you share the address and Contact number of Proton performance Pune?
Old 18th July 2017, 18:43   #205
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by meetzap View Post
Hi Atlantis,

Congratulations!!!

I have a few questions regarding your projector setup, hope you don't mind answering them.

How do you turn on the DRLs, if they do not turn on with the ignition?

Are the same DRLs used for indicators and hazard lights i.e. they change their color to yellow and start flashing?

Were you given an option to choose the design or was this the only one available for Vento?

What happens to the stock headlight assembly, did he use the same to put projectors into?

How would you rate your overall satisfaction from the job and the performance of the projectors on the highway during night time?

Can you share the address and Contact number of Proton performance Pune?

Hello

The DRLs turn on by turning on the parking lamps !
I believe you can also get the wiring done in order to turn them on when you put on the ignition !
I have taken out the yellow colour parking lamps since the colour was jarring!
The DRL strip works along with the original indicator lamps! The angel eyes don't !
I liked this design ; also since I did not have too much time to experiment I went along with this ; surely you could probably ask for some other options !
I have used the same stock headlight assembly again due to time constraints ; the projectors and the DRL were put into the original assembly. Initially I wanted to have a spare set of headlights to work on . Now after using these for a couple of months though i feel it would have just added up to the cost !
I am actually pretty satisfied with the setup ; of course I am still working upon a proper way to actually secure the extra items inside the engine bay !
I actually did drive back from Pune to chennai and did about 3-4hours driving in the night and I actually felt a lot of difference ! I generally stick to the middle lane in the 6lane roads and was actually surprised with the wide spread of light it offered !
There is actually not much difference between high beam and low beam with respect to the actual throw forward !
As such I have not really seen the effect of the DRL in a rear view mirror but I feel it is doing the job in aiding better visibility of the car atleast during gloomy/ cloudy days and during the early mornings and evenings!

The name of the person is Mr.Tanvir ! His number is : +91 86051 66922

Hope I've answered your questions ! Thanks for the compliment 👍🏽
Old 20th July 2017, 17:29   #206
BHPian

Hi Atlantis, thanks for answering my questions.
I was wondering if you also considered the newly offered LED headlamps in Highline + Trim? Were they too costly?
Those certainly look better than any after market Projector Setup. I'd like to hear about these from someone who is using them.
Old 20th July 2017, 19:30   #207
BHPian

Hello meetzap

No I did not consider the newly offered LED headlamps of the most recently refreshed vento in the high line+ trim !
I went for the current setup because it was much simpler for me ! It was actually even posted in the TeamBHP classifieds a couple of years ago ! Unfortunately I couldn't get around to setting it up then though I had spoken to Mr.Tanvir then.
It was only during my recent trip to Pune and Mumbai that I just thought why not get it done and I called him up again and things just fell into place in a couple of days !
Yes surely I too would love to hear something about the new led setup !
Old 30th July 2017, 20:48   #208
BHPian

Quote:
Were they too costly?
I was quoted 80k by the VW dealership for a set of those headlamps for my MY2016 vento. Pretty expensive but then they look better than all the aftermarket setups out there.
TSIboy is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 1st August 2017, 02:22   #209
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by TSIboy View Post
I was quoted 80k by the VW dealership for a set of those headlamps for my MY2016 vento. Pretty expensive but then they look better than all the aftermarket setups out there.
Hi TSIboy, I think 80k is fine for the Original LED headlamps. Can you give me the details of the dealer? I am interested.
meetzap is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st August 2017, 23:34   #210
BHPian

Quote:
Hi TSIboy, I think 80k is fine for the Original LED headlamps. Can you give me the details of the dealer? I am interested.
Yea! EVM Volkswagen Kochi. They're one of the VW dealerships in kerala. We were offered the headlamps when we brought the car (6 months before the launch of HL+). Do checkout the VW dealership at your place.
Cheers
TSIboy is online now   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks