Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 5th August 2017, 09:09   #211
BHPian

Re: Projector Headlamps for VW Vento

Are the headlamp housing for Polo and Vento the same? Can vento highline LED Headlamps be fitted on to a Polo?
Old 5th August 2017, 11:54   #212
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beerus View Post
Are the headlamp housing for Polo and Vento the same? Can vento highline LED Headlamps be fitted on to a Polo?
Yes the assemblies are the same and the LED headlamps can be installed on the Polo.
Gannu_1 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 6th August 2017, 02:20   #213
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gannu_1 View Post
Yes the assemblies are the same and the LED headlamps can be installed on the Polo.
Hi Gannu,

I had the same query about fitting the LED headlights from the new vento highline plus into a polo GT Tsi (Feb 2016 model) and this was one respone I got from Graaja

Quote from Graaja

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/diy-do-yourself/172269-installed-bi-xenon-projectors-my-vw-polo-gt-tsi-edit-reliability-concerns-page-8-a.html#post4179048

Quote:
The Vento Highline Plus comes with 089 BCM which supports LED headlights. The one in the Polo GT is 087. So, you will not have all the functions out of the box. You can do a retrofit using a 10 pin to 14 pin converter cable assembly to get the high beam, low beam and turn indicators to work. But you will not have proper DRL support. You will have to wire the DRLs to the parking light and manually turn them on. I think (I may be wrong), you will not be able to implement the manual headlight leveling function. You will have to install AFS with angle sensor for auto leveling of headlights.
Could you confirm that the installation can be done as a simple plug and play without the 10 pin to 14 pin convertor?

Thanks
nova9 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 6th December 2017, 15:25   #214
BHPian

I think the 10 to 14 pin converter will be required, but what would be interesting to know is if even after using the 10 to 14 pin converter is it a plug and play job? The high beam, low beam would work as is. What if the DRLs are connected to the parking lights. I would be interested if this setup is available for less than 50k for my Vento TSI April 2016.
Old 6th December 2017, 19:40   #215
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by meetzap View Post
I think the 10 to 14 pin converter will be required, but what would be interesting to know is if even after using the 10 to 14 pin converter is it a plug and play job? The high beam, low beam would work as is. What if the DRLs are connected to the parking lights. I would be interested if this setup is available for less than 50k for my Vento TSI April 2016.
From my experience with the OEM Bixenons, after 10-14 pin connector adapter, the high beam, low beam and turn indicators will be plug and play. But the DRL will not be. The DRL uses two signals - one On/Off and one PWM (pulse width modulation). It is still possible to get the DRLs working by tying both the inputs to the parking light signal, but this will need some other modifications to the wiring harness.
Old 14th December 2017, 21:48   #216
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nova9 View Post

Could you confirm that the installation can be done as a simple plug and play without the 10 pin to 14 pin convertor?

Thanks
Quote:
Originally Posted by graaja View Post
It is still possible to get the DRLs working by tying both the inputs to the parking light signal, but this will need some other modifications to the wiring harness.
Hi,

Several members in the Drive2 forum have used adapter to install Valeo OEM bi-xenon headlight in place of stock H7/H7 halogen headlights using a custom made adapter.

Here is one such example

https://www.drive2.ru/l/8753247/

Regards.
Old 10th January 2020, 15:21   #217
BHPian

A friend is looking to upgrade his Vento's head lamps to projector lamps. Can anyone please suggest a good place in Bangalore ?

Last edited by Thermodynamics : 10th January 2020 at 15:23.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks