Address:
1617 / 32 Nai wala,
Shri Kishan dass road,
Karol Bagh New Delhi
INDIA

E-Mail:
info@mxsmotosport.com
Thanks Naveen, i'll contact them.
BTW I was wondering do we have any such vendors in Mumbai or Pune?
Old 19th August 2011, 10:34   #62
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Projector Headlamps for VW Vento

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikon View Post
Thanks Naveen, i'll contact them.
BTW I was wondering do we have any such vendors in Mumbai or Pune?
There should be shops in Mumbai for sure but few advertise. Do check the best shops out there. They should be having. Another option would be to check car magazines. I have seen may shops advertise in Autocar mag.

The earlier pics that I had posted does the lights in Mumbai only. Guess I have posted the address and contact details of him.
Old 4th November 2011, 11:21   #63
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by naveen.raju View Post
There should be shops in Mumbai for sure but few advertise. Do check the best shops out there. They should be having. Another option would be to check car magazines. I have seen may shops advertise in Autocar mag.

The earlier pics that I had posted does the lights in Mumbai only. Guess I have posted the address and contact details of him.
naveen, can I have the details of the dealer in Mumbai. I'm looking at projectors for my Vento.
Thanks
Hari
Old 22nd February 2012, 10:31   #64
BHPian

HIDs and/or projectors for the Vento?

Mods: Please merge this thread if it already exists. Starting this thread to get some definitive opinion on headlight modifications for the Vento staying under prescribed safety limits.

Hello all
I have a prerefresh VW Vento HL TDI. As everybody knows that the throw of the stock headlights is awful. While its okay to drive the car in the city where there are enough street lights, one probably should need to upgrade when driving on a highway where one is at higher speeds. I have been trawling the Vento ownership threads as well as the official reviews to get some sound opinion about the nature of upgrade that is recommended to the headlights. Here are the two options I have seen.

1. Only HIDs
Pros: Way better lighting than the stock ones improving safety on highways, lesser power consumption?, relatively inexpensive
Cons: Light can disperse and/or scatter potentially using the stock headlight assembly causing distraction for oncoming traffic, potential voiding of VW warranty?

2. HIDs with projector assembly
Pros: All the pros of HIDs except that its wickedly expensive, no scattering/dispersion of light?, improves the look of the car by eons
Cons: As said earlier wickedly expensive, potential voiding of VW warranty?

Your suggestions and advice would be very helpful specially Ventophiles with experience in this area. I am a bit apprehensive now of any modification given the recent incident in Pune but still would like to explore the upgrade option of the stock headlights given that I might end up driving on the highway at night. Thanks to all of you in advance.
Old 22nd February 2012, 10:55   #65
BHPian

Re: HIDs and/or projectors for the Vento?

I had upgraded the headlight to HIDs. My replies in bold.

Quote:
Originally Posted by samarjitdhar View Post
1. Only HIDs
Pros: Way better lighting than the stock ones improving safety on highways, lesser power consumption?, relatively inexpensive
Cons: Light can disperse and/or scatter potentially using the stock headlight assembly causing distraction for oncoming traffic, potential voiding of VW warranty?

The lighting improved a lot. There is no problem with VW warranty as there is not cutting of wires.
Yes it does disperse a bit. I would be installing a projector assembly soon.

2. HIDs with projector assembly
Pros: All the pros of HIDs except that its wickedly expensive, no scattering/dispersion of light?, improves the look of the car by eons
Cons: As said earlier wickedly expensive, potential voiding of VW warranty?

The best option. However, the installation should be done in a professsional manner as it involves opening of the headlight assembly.
Noopster has installed a angle-eye effect. Check out his thread!
mikon is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 22nd February 2012, 11:19   #66
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikon View Post
I had upgraded the headlight to HIDs. My replies in bold.
So is a projector assembly strongly recommended when using a HID? I would rather do this change at one go if a projector is also needed. Which also means shelling out a lot more dough .

I did go through noopster's thread on this but wasn't sure of the efficacy of going only for HIDs or going for the whole setup instead that is projectors + HIDs.
Old 22nd February 2012, 11:24   #67
BHPian

One more suggestion: Replace stock bulbs with Philips extreme vision, costs around 1K for 2 bulbs & difference in lighting is "HUGE". An inexpensive way of improving light. No warranty/ legal issues as bulbs are rated 60/55, same as stock bulbs. Also, can do it yourself in less than 5 mins.
I did it in my POLO & so far, satisfied with results . Take your pick.
nawalsingal is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd February 2012, 12:35   #68
Distinguished - BHPian

If you have missed this thread, kindly see this. I have included the projectors for the Vento
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/modifi...-vw-vento.html
naveen.raju is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd February 2012, 13:26   #69
BHPian

For now I think I will hold on to the HID + projector upgrade till VW comes up with some definitive answer on the Pune incident. Though I think I will replace the stock bulbs with the Philips Xtreme night vision as they have the same rating and as long as there is a reasonable level of safety for night driving.
Old 27th March 2012, 14:34   #70
BHPian

Quote:
For now I think I will hold on to the HID + projector upgrade till VW comes up with some definitive answer on the Pune incident. Though I think I will replace the stock bulbs with the Philips Xtreme night vision as they have the same rating and as long as there is a reasonable level of safety for night driving.
Hey Samarjit,

Did you finally upgrade the stock bulbs? If yes, please share the details as I could relate to your query and even I plan to do similar upgrade for my Vento which shall not void the warranty and be safe as well (in reference to the Pune incident).

Regards,
Aniket
Old 27th March 2012, 14:45   #71
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aniket.tiwari27 View Post
Hey Samarjit,

Did you finally upgrade the stock bulbs? If yes, please share the details as I could relate to your query and even I plan to do similar upgrade for my Vento which shall not void the warranty and be safe as well (in reference to the Pune incident).

Regards,
Aniket
Yes I did upgrade the bulbs to Philips Xtreme Vision 60/55 for now. I did find quite a noticeable improvement during my night drives through highways. I could have gone for the 100/90 ones with relays but because of the Pune incident didn't want to push it too much. Also I didn't want to invest that much as I would like to upgrade to projectors and HIDs later.

On another note I am not even sure we will ever know if the real cause of the Pune incident will be known now . Just another of those cases of callous law enforcement and follow up.

Regards
Old 27th March 2012, 14:51   #72
BHPian

Quote:
Yes I did upgrade the bulbs to Philips Xtreme Vision 60/55 for now. I did find quite a noticeable improvement during my night drives through highways. I could have gone for the 100/90 ones with relays but because of the Pune incident didn't want to push it too much. Also I didn't want to invest that much as I would like to upgrade to projectors and HIDs later.

On another note I am not even sure we will ever know if the real cause of the Pune incident will be known now . Just another of those cases of callous law enforcement and follow up.

Regards
How much did the Philips Xtreme Night Vision 60/55W cost? Would this change be DIY?

For my Vista, we had to open up the front bumber, then take out the headlight assempbly to change the bulbs.
Old 27th March 2012, 15:02   #73
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aniket.tiwari27 View Post
How much did the Philips Xtreme Night Vision 60/55W cost? Would this change be DIY?

For my Vista, we had to open up the front bumber, then take out the headlight assempbly to change the bulbs.
I think it cost me around Rs 1300 for the pair. It would need some knowledge of the headlight assembly to DIY. In my Vento while the left one went in easily, the right one needed a little bit of the loosening of the bumper to fit it in. But there is a TBHP member who changed all his bulbs on the Vento by himself
samarjitdhar is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th March 2012, 13:23   #74

Re: Volkswagen Vento : Test Drive & Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by naveen.raju View Post
Here's an update.

You will need to send the existing headlights to him. The entire setup will include projectors, HID with ballasts and required wiring. It should come close to 11.5-12k including painting the inner reflectors.

This got the bmw eyes as shown in the picture. If you are really interested, I can pass his contact details. Only problem is that he is in Mumbai.
Hi Naveen, I am interested in getting the projector headlamps for my Polo. I had contacted the Pro-V-Rodz guy, but since he has his facilities are only in Bangalore and Nagpur, but me being in Mumbai, it is of little help to me. Since its a plug-n-play installation job, he had suggested removing the headlamp housing and couriering it to him so that he can work on it. However, I am not comfortable with the vendor being so far away (in case I am not happy with something). Could you let me know the contact details of the person in Mumbai. Thanks in advance.

Cheers
Eapen
Old 28th March 2012, 14:03   #75
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Volkswagen Vento : Test Drive & Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by eapenalexander View Post
Hi Naveen, I am interested in getting the projector headlamps for my Polo. I had contacted the Pro-V-Rodz guy, but since he has his facilities are only in Bangalore and Nagpur, but me being in Mumbai, it is of little help to me. Since its a plug-n-play installation job, he had suggested removing the headlamp housing and couriering it to him so that he can work on it. However, I am not comfortable with the vendor being so far away (in case I am not happy with something). Could you let me know the contact details of the person in Mumbai. Thanks in advance.

Cheers
Eapen
You can contact him.
Here are the details
Ph no - 9820306441
email vinit.mirpuri@gmail.com

He should be able to help you out. Keep us updated on the progress.
naveen.raju is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed