Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories

Search this Thread
Old 7th February 2006, 11:27   #16
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sasi122

hey, i am also getting a swift in another couple of days,
can u let me know much it costed for u to fit in the music sytem tat u have mentioned in the thread.

Thanks
Sasi, I payed around 12k for the FU, 2.5k for the sub, 3k for the rear speakers, 1.3k for the front speakers, and 4.5k for the amp.
I paid around 5k for the fitting. So totally around 28k.
Though I would suggest you put a small sony 200 W amp for the front speakers or put components. The components should cost u anything between 5k-7k while the amp should cost you aorun 2k. I say this because the gain from the 500W amp will be really high. your rear speakers will be blowing at a volume of just 6, while you wont hear much from your front speakers because you cant connect them to the 4 channel amp. You need a seperate 2 channel to amplify sound in the front. The output at the front when it's not connected to any amp is the same as the volume displayed on your FU.
So if you're not that tight on budget, go in for the components. Otherwise DEFINETLY fix a 200W amp for the front speakers.
Old 7th February 2006, 11:36   #17
BHPian

Hahaha....thanx alok.
Definetly helpful!!! I'm gonna hold on with the mods for a bit though. Want to wait till my warranty expires. Doesnt make sense in making it void. And now my dad's figured what I'm planning to do, he's threatening to take an extended warranty. And unfortunately I'm one of those blokes who hear the sound and want to fly!!!Maybe I'll grow out of it. Though I'm certain the first month or so will be crazy. Lol...People will see my car EVERYWHERE jes because I wanna drive around and hear that sound.

Will most probably try the xenons though. The HID ones. I read the thread that you linked me to, and yeh....we got tonnes of cars with those make shift Xenons in Bangalore. Absolutely didnot like those lights. Though I have one question concerning Xenons. If you can answer it,perfect! It's more an opinion poll actually.
Do I really need the bi-xenons? those with high and low beams?
City driving I find just the low beam Xenons so good, Would I really need the high beam ones?

Varun.
Old 7th February 2006, 11:56   #18
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Venom
Do I really need the bi-xenons? those with high and low beams?
City driving I find just the low beam Xenons so good, Would I really need the high beam ones?

Varun.
Hey Venom... let me try to answer that for you. Do you really need Xenons in the first place? I am talking about authentic Xenon HIDs. Even a uni-beam one would cost you at least Rs.35000. A bi-xenon will on the other hand cost at least Rs.50000. So now decide.

However if you can really afford so much money on headlights (I can't... I mean I can think of N no. of other interesting mods where I can spend that kind of moolah) I would say it makes sense to go for bi-xenons. You may need it when passing (to flash) or say if you go on a long drive through pitch-dark indian highways it may again come handy. In any case it does not make sense to loose your hi-beam. For normal city driving though the low-beam is more than sufficient.
Old 7th February 2006, 12:26   #19
BHPian

Well... thank you Zappo. Was about to give venom the same advice. I see that you beat me to it and stole my thunder! ... I would always recommend going for the bi-xenons. Safer for the reasons mentioned about. Another point I would like to include is that they really helpful when there are very heavy rains. Enable other people to see you better!

Godspeed.

Alok.
Old 7th February 2006, 17:00   #20
BHPian

hmmmmm.....the HID's that I found were 17k....I def dont have THAT kind of money to blow on Xenons.
Zappo, I could use some of the N no. of mods. Like I said at the beginning of this thread, I'm not really into goin overboard with a car. I gotta tight budget, and I would def wanna use it wisely. Subtle but nice changes. That's why the xenons. Not too subtle, but not too loud either.
oh....and do I lose my warranty by changing my lights? I wanted to clarify. And in case I was gonna pick up Xenons, which ones should I go in for? There was some matter about H8 or H6 or something...???
Thanx.

Varun.

Most Viewed