Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 3rd February 2006, 10:06   #1
BHPian

Swift

Hey people!
I'm new here. Set up in Blore and picked up a silver Swift Zxi recently. I have presently just installed the music system :
Pioneer front panel
500 W Sony Xplod amp
800 W Pioneer Sub woofer
350 W Pioneer Rear speakers (blue cone)
and 160 W Pioneer Front speaker (blue cone)

All in all a very basic config but I get an excellent effect.

Thing is I desperately want to make slight but very effective mods. I wanted to put Xenons, maybe change the air filter. I hear calculations for the Swift header also are out and if I'm not mistaken someone's already got a header on their Swift. It's a black Swift. Sounds AMAZING!
Any other suggestions? I'm not gona have too big a budget coz I'm gonna be paying for all of it myself.

Also it'd be great if someone could temme how much good xenons would cost, bangaled or not. I found out white bangled with blue were for close to 18k. Anything cheaper?
A friend of mines gonna Bangkok in a week or so and if I get the Xenons there for cheaper, please temme where I can pick em up from. Also, air filter...Would it make so much of a diff if I changed that alone? I cant change the cams and fuel injection right now for sure. Also, I still have to give it in for its first service(yes it's that new). Should'nt I wait for sometime before actually making and mods on the engine.
I'm not really into making exterior mods. I'm keeping company mags and 185/75/R14 tyres. The same that came from the company. I'm more interested in making small subtle changes that would def make my car stand out in a normal crowd but still seem decent if i have to enter a hotel without having a hundred comments passed about me by OLD people.
Suggestions, costs and anythig else would be really great!
Thanx
Old 3rd February 2006, 10:19   #2
BHPian

Hey Venom, welcome to the club and we expect pix of your Swift soon. Have a great ride!
Old 3rd February 2006, 13:31   #3
Senior - BHPian

Thread Moved to In-Car Entertainment.
Old 3rd February 2006, 13:34   #4
Team-BHP Support

Stratos,

I dont think he is talking ICE anymore. he wants to know about headers and Xenons and air filter....

read this....Thing is I desperately want to make slight but very effective mods. I wanted to put Xenons, maybe change the air filter. I hear calculations for the Swift header also are out and if I'm not mistaken someone's already got a header on their Swift. It's a black Swift. Sounds AMAZING!
Any other suggestions? I'm not gona have too big a budget coz I'm gonna be paying for all of it myself.

Also it'd be great if someone could temme how much good xenons would cost, bangaled or not. I found out white bangled with blue were for close to 18k. Anything cheaper?
Old 3rd February 2006, 13:58   #5
Senior - BHPian

oops Sorry Navin, my bad. Moved it back!
Old 3rd February 2006, 14:59   #6
BHPian

Hey Venom, welcome to TBHP and have a great stay! It's pretty damn addictive!

Now coming to your questions:
About the xenon's... what you are talking about are not true blu xenon's, the one's you are mentioning just has some xenon gas filled in to give that white light effect. The real ones cost 50k upwards. Click on the link i'm pasting here and read through carefully... it is very informative on a lot of things and will surely clear your doubts!
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/modifi...headlight.html

Regarding the air fliter, it is best if you go for a k&n filter (Rs.4000-5000) AND a free flow exhaust (Rs.10,000). This was the 1st thing I learned when I got onto this forum . Air filters and free flows increase your FE by 2kmpl (if im not wrong, please correct me if i am!), and will give you an increase of around 10-15bhp. But as your car is new, I think all these mods will make your warranty void.

Godspeed.

Alok.
Old 3rd February 2006, 16:01   #7
BANNED

Hey,

The Xenons he is referring to are called H.I.D. kits and the price that he is got is also correct. The 50k ones you are referring to are probably the OE light assembly.

You can also go for the K&N conical filter and a free flow. there are many cars in Bombay using this setup.

Viper
Old 4th February 2006, 09:58   #8
BHPian

Thanx Ghostrider. But I was looking around in the forum and read that k&n filters arent that great. The performance upgrades as well as FE increase ure talking about rarely happens. And what diff would the free flow exhaust make?
The Xenons I'm talking about are the HID. Other than losing the high beam, there arent too many disadvantages with changing to Xenons na?
In Bangalore we've got a lot of the lights you're talkin about Gohst, the ones with a little Xenon gas but are actually tinted white lights. I'm def not looking at those. Can't stand them. I've seen them on zens and they look miserable.
I like the Skoda RS lights. I was thinking more in terms of those. Mondeo light s are ok. Did'nt liek them too much. Are the Xenons used in the RS HID???
Old 6th February 2006, 10:53   #9

Hey Venom

hey, i am also getting a swift in another couple of days,
can u let me know much it costed for u to fit in the music sytem tat u have mentioned in the thread.

Thanks
Old 6th February 2006, 10:54   #10
Team-BHP Support

sasi, nothing against the system Venom has but check out the ICE thread before buying. Maybe it can help.
Old 6th February 2006, 11:21   #11

Navin, wats this ICE now?? Sry for the unawerness
Old 6th February 2006, 11:31   #12
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sasi122
Navin, wats this ICE now?? Sry for the unawerness
In Car Entertainment (ICE) it is my friend. That thread has a lot of audio setups for different cars including the SWIFT.

Pls chk the links and go through all the posts for a better understanding. You can post ur car audio specific queries like ur budget,which brand, what price etc and the Pros will help/assist you out.

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/car-en...io-system.html

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/car-en...ing-new-q.html

cheers

Last edited by muni : 6th February 2006 at 11:33.
Old 6th February 2006, 11:45   #13
BHPian

hey, im a newbie myself, just got addicted to team-bhp az you say..recently bought a swift and had made up my mind to put a Alpine in my car i mean it just cant get any better (with alpine 6 x 9's speakers) fitted onto a pdf tray.
I have had the experience of hearing the speakers fitted onto the front and back doors and the 5" or 6" ones suck!! irrespective of the fact one's got a nakamichi,alpine, sony or pioneer head unit but the sound on the 4 speakers slots that maruti has provided is really bad in this otherwise fabolous car !
Old 6th February 2006, 12:32   #14

Tks Navin, now i am getting a lil insight into the ICE.
Old 6th February 2006, 13:45   #15
BHPian

To Venom:
Quoting you - Thanx Ghostrider. But I was looking around in the forum and read that k&n filters arent that great. The performance upgrades as well as FE increase ure talking about rarely happens. And what diff would the free flow exhaust make?

Well, the truth be said, lots of people have different opinions about the K&N filter. But all my friends here in hyd who have installed it find it beneficial. It all depends on how you take care of you your filter and where you place it. For example, if placed close to the engine, it won't make any difference as it sucks in all the hot air from the engine, etc.

And when you are talking about using it with a free flow, again it matters on how you use it! It increases your fuel efficiency in normal city driving conditions. But hearing the deep throated growl of the exhaust, people get enticed to indulge in the 2 fast 2 furious type driving, which obviously will reduce the FE in any car! Also, with a FF, the car suffers in low end torque, but is great when it comes to high end torque.

As far as what I have learned, free flow's help remove the back pressure caused by exiting exhaust gases, by entirely doing away with/or modifying the silencer and catalytic converter (a.k.a. catcon, cat, etc), which help in the smoother exit of the gases, which inturn help improving the performance of your car. To sum it all up, a good filter and free flow combined, helps the car to 'breathe' better and provide more 'energy' to run faster. I remember reading an EXCELLENT thread in the 'a collection of best threads' section (I THINK!) on how the free flow system works. Search for it, I think it's some where in the first few pages of the section. It is a must read to educate yourself!

Regarding the Xenon's, I'm not as educated in this matter as many of the other members of this forum are. The reason I had given you the link was to increase your knowledge about xenons and to help you avoid taking a unwise decision about many of the namesake xenons available in the market! It is best to let the other who have more insight in this xenon business help you out!

Well, it best to leave it to our experts here to elaborate on all this and please correct me for any error I may have made.

Hope this helped you. Please mention ANY doubts you may have, how every stupid and insignificant it may seem to you! Remember: A person who asks a question is a fool for a minute. But the one who doesnt ask any questions is a fool for life! lol...I always wanted to say that!!!

Godspeed.

Alok.

Last edited by ghostrider4385 : 6th February 2006 at 13:51.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks