Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories

Search this Thread
Old 22nd June 2011, 20:04   #1
BHPian

Projector setup for Fiesta, that's already has HID?

I have installed a HID kit for my fiesta only for low beam(as the low beam itself costed 12,500 bucks ).This was done about 8 months back.Can anyone tell me if I can install a projector for this already installed HID.I would prefer the projector with a neon ring.
Also can anyone specify the cost of this setup for a branded and unbranded projector.
Old 22nd June 2011, 23:01   #2
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by fiesta_21
I have installed a HID kit for my fiesta only for low beam(as the low beam itself costed 12,500 bucks ).This was done about 8 months back.Can anyone tell me if I can install a projector for this already installed HID.I would prefer the projector with a neon ring.
Also can anyone specify the cost of this setup for a branded and unbranded projector.
Fiesta uses H7 on low beam and H1 on high beam IIRC. Most of the retrofit projectors are using H1 as its wide availability. So if you want to use the existing HID go for a H7 projector. There are many Chinese brands available in the market. I have no idea in getting a Fiesta specific projectors are readily available. Normally retrofit type of projectors will cost around 15K including HID kit. But it should be executed only with the help of an experienced technician as its not a direct bolt on job like the one you did earlier.
sajjt is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd June 2011, 10:08   #3
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Projector setup for Fiesta, that's already has HID?

As Sajjt had mentioned, projectors will use different bulb configurations. Here's one that I found.

Before you buy the projectors just check whether the existing HID's will fit in the projectors.
Attached Thumbnails
Projector setup for Fiesta, that's already has HID?-image.aspx.jpg  

Projector setup for Fiesta, that's already has HID?-mediummxs009dualprojectorhead1303972639.jpg  

naveen.raju is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd June 2011, 12:57   #4
BHPian

@sajjt: Thanks for the info.I need to know the cost only for the projector excluding HID.
@naveen.raju :Thanks..
Old 23rd June 2011, 13:03   #5
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by fiesta_21 View Post
what kit is this, as i had a quote of projector+hid for low beam, fiesta, of 15k(first quote, so still negotiable).
and using the same HID kit, yes, why not.
Old 23rd June 2011, 13:05   #6
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
@sajjt: Thanks for the info.I need to know the cost only for the projector excluding HID.
@naveen.raju :Thanks..
Projectors start from 6k but branded kit would come around 10k.
Old 23rd June 2011, 13:08   #7
BHPian

Any advice on going for second hand projectors??
Old 23rd June 2011, 13:12   #8
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Any advice on going for second hand projectors??
Stay away from second hand projectors. You wont be able to judge it's performance by looking at it. Once you start using it you wont find anything wrong but in the long run you will find scattered beam patterns.

A common defect in extensively used projectors will be the different beam levels. One side of the beam will be lower than the other projectors. Have seen in few cars running on projectors in the long run. So please avoid second hand projectors. Save the cash and get a branded projector.
naveen.raju is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd June 2011, 13:16   #9
BHPian

Thanks man.Guess i have to wait another month to save as much cash.To get a branded one I need to wait 2 more months.
Old 23rd June 2011, 13:21   #10
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Thanks man.Guess i have to wait another month to save as much cash.To get a branded one I need to wait 2 more months.
Anytime. It's worth the wait dude. I waited for 1 year before going for projectors. A lot of research and saving cash ended up with a good product.
naveen.raju is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 3rd December 2011, 09:05   #11
BHPian

I enquired in GP road yesterday and the guy quoted a price of 7000 including fitting the existing HID.But he said the is no warranty should I go for it or not ?
Old 3rd December 2011, 10:03   #12
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
I enquired in GP road yesterday and the guy quoted a price of 7000 including fitting the existing HID.But he said the is no warranty should I go for it or not ?
Hmm. Quite confusing. Since he already mentioned that there's no warranty, I would suggest you to stay away. Do you have the pics?I would recommend you to invest some more cash and get a good product. Why dont you try retro rides, Bi-Xenon Hid Kit, Bi-Xenon projector, Bi-Xenon headlights, Angel Eyes, Projector Headlights, Projector Headlights for R15, performance parts in delhi, performance parts in karol bagh, riding parts in delhi, Bike Modification shop in delhi, HID light or there's a guy in Mumbai doing custom projector jobs. I had posted his contact details in Projectors for Vento/Polo thread. Pretty reasonable rates too.
Old 3rd December 2011, 10:06   #13
BHPian

But how am I supposed to reach him.I cant go all the way to Mumbai !
Old 3rd December 2011, 10:12   #14
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
But how am I supposed to reach him.I cant go all the way to Mumbai !
They will ship the products to Chennai. But I know this is not the final call since I would always recommend you to see the product in person before buying it. The mumbai guy will need the existing HL's so that he can incorporate the projectors onto them. This will save the cost of the HL's but you will need to ship your existing HL's or buy new set of HL's. For the Vento he had quoted 10k (if you ship the existing HL's). The kit will include projectors, inbuilt drls and HID's. This was for the vento. But his rates are reasonable.
Did you try other shops in Chennai? Ot why dont you check out Blore. It's pretty near to Chennai right? I do some of my mods in Blore carried out by another tbhpian.

In short I would recommend you to check the product in person, see how it performs and only if you are satisfied go ahead with it. I did the same. I had decided on the older model for my swift. But when I went to the shop I saw this new model and saw it's working then got it even though it was expensive. What say?
Old 3rd December 2011, 10:15   #15
BHPian

I think you are right ! I should check on the projectors in person.Also I still have two or three places to enquire.I will do it today or tomorrow and will post the details soon.If all the options fail me then I will probably consider the mumbai fellow .

Most Viewed