Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 1st March 2012, 10:49   #196
Senior - BHPian

re: 3D KAGU & Other Premium Mats

^Why not check with hot tracks in bangalore for a price quote, they offer free shipping across India
Old 4th March 2012, 19:15   #197
Senior - BHPian

4D Styling Mats

Guys! Came across the 4D Styling mats in the March issue of Overdrive magazine. They seem to be similar in looks as compared to the 3D Kagu but have a steel plate or something for the heel on the driver's side. Cost of the mats are 3.5k for the Polo. Better priced than the Kagu. i may take the plunge.
Old 16th March 2012, 15:31   #198
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dot View Post
Found the shop today! It is actually behind the petrol pump. FC road is one way. So lets say you are coming from FC towards University. After the last traffic signal locate the pump on the right hand side. Look inside the pump to locate Rahul Enterprises.
Hi.. I am trying to locate Rahul enterprises as i am planning to visit them for the 3D Kagu mats for my Vento. But in the FC road, could not identify any petrol pump as per the google maps? Would it be possible for you help me locate the shop in the attached map?

3D KAGU & Other Premium Mats-fc-road.jpg
Old 17th March 2012, 07:57   #199
dot
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aniket.tiwari27 View Post
I am trying to locate Rahul enterprises as i am planning to visit them for the 3D Kagu mats for my Vento. But in the FC road, could not identify any petrol pump
As you are coming from Garware Chawk, cross FC college (on your left) and continue till the next signal. Immediately after the signal there is a petrol pump on your right. Rahul Enterprises is behind the petrol pump, inside the same premises. It is not easy to spot from the road. So suggest just enter the pump and you would be able to spot it.

Hope this helps.

Last edited by dot : 17th March 2012 at 07:59.
dot is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th March 2012, 13:15   #200
BHPian

I checked with Global Tyres, Kochi for Kagu 3D mats for my Cruze and Polo. They quoted 5500 for Cruze and 5000 for Polo. When I negotiated the guy said the price can be lowered to some extent, though he did not say how much. Do you think it's a fair deal if I get mats for both cars with a discount of, say 500 (on total price)? Any idea of other shops in Kochi to compare the price?
Old 19th March 2012, 17:38   #201
BHPian

Quote:
Hi.. I am trying to locate Rahul enterprises as i am planning to visit them for the 3D Kagu mats for my Vento. But in the FC road, could not identify any petrol pump as per the google maps? Would it be possible for you help me locate the shop in the attached map?
Hi aniket, any luck with locating Rahul enterprises. In case u planning on visiting anytime in the near future, PM me as i am interested in picking up 3D mats for my Ritz.
Old 19th March 2012, 18:06   #202
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by zimbly View Post
Hi aniket, any luck with locating Rahul enterprises. In case u planning on visiting anytime in the near future, PM me as i am interested in picking up 3D mats for my Ritz.
I already visited last saturday and got the mats.
Old 23rd March 2012, 23:09   #203
Distinguished - BHPian

3D Mats in Chennai from Privilege Motomall

We had an appointment just up the road, and I said to my wife that I just wanted to visit motomall to have a look at their shop and see what was there. 3D mats were not even on my mind: we had it on the todo list to get them from a place in GP Road.

Brilliant wife. I went straight to look a the shelves: she asked about 3D mats, and yes, they do have them!

There is a very nice carpet-finish mat, over 8,000. Not availoable for Polo/Vento

There is 4D mat, as described above.

There is Maxspider, which is plain black, and the most boring in looks, but, apparently the best in quality. I think it was 5,500, and this we bought.

They were willing to vacuum the car and fit the mats for free, which would have been nice, but we would have to wait for the end of the scheduled power cut, and we didn't have another half hour to spare. We should have waited: the car has now waited three days for me to get around to it! <Blush>

website and location

Last edited by Thad E Ginathom : 23rd March 2012 at 23:11.
Old 24th March 2012, 01:19   #204
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thad E Ginathom View Post
[b]

There is Maxspider, which is plain black, and the most boring in looks, but, apparently the best in quality. I think it was 5,500, and this we bought.
Correct. The 3D mats of 4d styling brand are lower in quality and this can be understood well only by seeing it in real as you have. I too went in to the nearest shop and found the 4d styling mats to be disappointing. So, the MAXpider ones are still due since the shop didn't have stock for a Fabia at that time. BUT, definitely need to get one before the monsoons are round the corner, so that's still a good 4 months away...
Old 24th March 2012, 12:38   #205
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thad E Ginathom View Post
Brilliant wife. I went straight to look a the shelves: she asked about 3D mats, and yes, they do have them!

There is a very nice carpet-finish mat, over 8,000. Not availoable for Polo/Vento

Are you sure on the prices? Few months ago when I went I was quoted 4500 for 3D mat (non kagu) and 3500 for 4D mats for Polo
Old 24th March 2012, 14:30   #206
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Are you sure on the prices?
No... I have a lousy memory for numbers, I forget them immediately [Blush].

Checked bill.

Maxspider Kagu Mats 5,400.

we also spent 840 on some glass cleaner and wheel cleaner.

Bill total, 6240 given 400 discount, which I suppose represents a final price of 5,000 for the mats.

Fitted them today: the rear centre piece doesn't suit Polo (I think Vento is slightly different) but, otherwise they seem ok. The black doesn't look so good; would have loved to have the carpet-finish mats . For practicality, though, they are going to be good.
Old 24th March 2012, 17:31   #207
BHPian

To all civic owners who have Kagu mats,

Is this how they are supposed to look when put?
The fitting does not seem to align as much as I had hoped...
Attached Thumbnails
3D KAGU & Other Premium Mats-img_2290.jpg  

3D KAGU & Other Premium Mats-img_2291.jpg  

3D KAGU & Other Premium Mats-img_2292.jpg  

Old 24th March 2012, 18:47   #208
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjumrani View Post
To all civic owners who have Kagu mats,

Is this how they are supposed to look when put?
The fitting does not seem to align as much as I had hoped...
You are right mjumrani. Even I was not happy at all with the fitting and came away without buying the 3D mats for my Civic. It creates big voids near the pedals and the area where the fuel lid / boot opener is placed.
Old 24th March 2012, 18:55   #209
Distinguished - BHPian

I wish I could have got that colour. oh well, too late now!

I did find that my Polo rear mats seemed to fit badly at first, but a bit of jiggling to get the angle right made them sit nicely. Although stiff, I think that mats are "riding high" on the carpet surface, and will settle in.
Old 24th March 2012, 21:57   #210
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by arvi86 View Post
You are right mjumrani. Even I was not happy at all with the fitting and came away without buying the 3D mats for my Civic. It creates big voids near the pedals and the area where the fuel lid / boot opener is placed.
True, plus the dead pedal area is not brilliant either.
It should have sharp angles to cover it properly but it just gradually goes do ground level near the clutch, which feels weird to be honest.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks