Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 30th December 2012, 00:04   #331
BHPian

re: 3D KAGU & Other Premium Mats

Quote:
Originally Posted by ganeshram View Post
You get them at most of the accessories shops. I bought them from the distributor:

M/s Kumar Car Accessories(http://www.elegantauto.net/distributor.php)

Don't expect these mats to be as hi-fi as the Kagu. But these are custom made, hence will fit well.
Hey Ganesh,
How are the elegant mats holding up? And do you remember their cost? I need to get a set for my Vento. Need to decide which one's will I get and get them asap.

Thanks
Old 30th December 2012, 10:06   #332
BHPian

This is what i purchasef from METRO Yeshwantpur..the MRP is 2990 but got it for 2600

Name:  ForumRunner_20121230_100536.png
Views: 3077
Size:  697.4 KB

Name:  ForumRunner_20121230_100552.png
Views: 3067
Size:  734.7 KB
Old 30th December 2012, 10:59   #333
BHPian

Are these 3D kagu mats available for Scorpio at metro as well?
If yes, I'm off to Metro rightaway
97_Octane is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th December 2012, 11:07   #334
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: 3D Star Mats Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by drmohitg View Post
I think the whole craze about these 3D mats is slightly hyped. I have seen numerous posts in this thread where owners have similar complaints about there original Kagu mats too. Basically these mats just look good but are not upto the mark when it comes to durability. BTW the star car mats in my Innova are still as good as new ( been more than a year now) inspite of the car being driven daily.
So finally even the star car mats in my Innova have developed the same issue. The driver side ma has worn off from the place where you rest your heel. They lasted for 1.5 years more or less. Pretty expensive I would say. Going back to the old carpet style mats. A decent pair from elegant would set you back by Rs 1000 perhaps compared to the 3-4k one pays for these 3D mats. The quality needs to be seriously looked into.
Old 30th December 2012, 12:10   #335
BANNED

Infractions: 0/1 (5)

Quote:
Originally Posted by sagarpadaki View Post
2600????!!!!!!!!!!! I feel like a idiot now . I paid 5k!! Gosh these dealers are ripping us customers. Are other car models mat also available?

All roads should lead to metro who ever wants to buy the mats!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by SalsaCorp View Post
This is what i purchasef from METRO Yeshwantpur..the MRP is 2990 but got it for 2600
These mats are from a another company called K2 .

The 3d mats from Kagu which is imported by Hot Tracks are more expensive and are also of better quality.
Old 30th December 2012, 12:19   #336
Senior - BHPian

My 5 months old Kagu 3D mats looks like this now:

3D KAGU & Other Premium Mats-imag1269.jpg

3D KAGU & Other Premium Mats-imag1271.jpg

I drive 85 km everyday but the Hyundai OEM mats lasted for almost a year. The kagu mats definitely provides superior grip but didn't expect it to wear off so quickly.
Old 30th December 2012, 12:21   #337
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SalsaCorp View Post
This is what i purchasef from METRO Yeshwantpur..
From the pics I see that they are universal mats. Are specific mats for cars also available at metro? Like a custom fit for Scorpio?
Old 30th December 2012, 12:27   #338
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by 97_Octane View Post
From the pics I see that they are universal mats. Are specific mats for cars also available at metro? Like a custom fit for Scorpio?
I don't think they have custom fit....they had only 5 to 6 pairs left...mostly black and 2 pairs beige
Old 30th December 2012, 14:50   #339
Senior - BHPian

So i'm thinking of picking up the 3D kagu mats for my Polo, got a quote of 5k but after looking at all pics where people complain of mats wearing off very quickly i'm having second thoughts if its worth the money.I'd be mighty pissed if it developed cracks in 5-6 months after i've paid 5k for them!

Any suggestions ?
Old 30th December 2012, 15:40   #340
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shashank.nk View Post
So i'm thinking of picking up the 3D kagu mats for my Polo, got a quote of 5k but after looking at all pics where people complain of mats wearing off very quickly i'm having second thoughts if its worth the money.I'd be mighty pissed if it developed cracks in 5-6 months after i've paid 5k for them!

Any suggestions ?
Well the mats certainly look good. But the quality is a suspect still. I guess it depends on how much you drive the car and in what kind of traffic. They should last you a year with daily driving and 2-3 years with less usage of the vehicle.
Old 30th December 2012, 15:42   #341
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

Any suggestions ?
Shashank, I don't think its worth for 5K. I didn't expect it to wear off so quickly. Some people may think that the wear is due to my high usage, but with the same usage, OEM mats lasted for 1.3 years. It showed signs of wear only after 1 year.

Edit: 90% of my driving is on open roads. So there is no question of frequent movement of my foot.

The advantages of these mats are it provides superior grip, enhances the interior looks and are very easy to clean.

Last edited by guyfrmblr : 30th December 2012 at 15:46.
guyfrmblr is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th December 2012, 16:00   #342
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by guyfrmblr View Post
Shashank, I don't think its worth for 5K. I didn't expect it to wear off so quickly. Some people may think that the wear is due to my high usage, but with the same usage, OEM mats lasted for 1.3 years. It showed signs of wear only after 1 year.

Edit: 90% of my driving is on open roads. So there is no question of frequent movement of my foot.

The advantages of these mats are it provides superior grip, enhances the interior looks and are very easy to clean.
I drive mostly in B2B traffic, so there a lot of foot movements, the Polo has an unusually long throw clutch, so that doesn't help either. Looks like I'll use the OEM mats till they last and get some other mats when they need replacement.

Cleaning the mats is an issue, but I don't think paying 5k for ease of cleaning, coupled with looks and grip is worth it.
Old 30th December 2012, 16:27   #343
BHPian

My Kagu mats have also developed extensive worn out look where the heel is rested in Polo. Laura one seems to be holding better. Polo has the Max spider one with Velcro like look at the bottom while the other one is standard.
Old 30th December 2012, 17:19   #344
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:

I drive mostly in B2B traffic, so there a lot of foot movements, the Polo has an unusually long throw clutch, so that doesn't help either. Looks like I'll use the OEM mats till they last and get some other mats when they need replacement.

Cleaning the mats is an issue, but I don't think paying 5k for ease of cleaning, coupled with looks and grip is worth it.
Even I feel 5k is not worth for these mats.

Why don't you try 3M custom cut mats? Fellow bhpian karthik has got them for his punto. And it costs around 4.5k
Old 30th December 2012, 20:44   #345
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by guyfrmblr View Post
My 5 months old Kagu 3D mats looks like this now:
Yep that's exactly what happened to my 3d mats as well in about 6 months of use. Here's what I did. I had an old mat that I had bought for my Palio and was lying unsued. So I cut a piece from that mat and stuck it on the 3d mat using feviquick, on the portion where my heel would rest on the mats.

This is what my mats looked like after 6 months of use

This is what it looked like after pasting a piece of the old mat on top.

Now this was about 10 months back. Right now even the black rubber portion is starting to disintegrate. So I guess its time to cut another piece and repeat the exercise

THe rest of the mats are in good shape. The beige coloured 3d mats are surprisingly easy to maintain and don't show dirt very easily. They gel well with the interiors and look very 'OE' since they are a perfect fit.
Santoshbhat is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks