Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories

Search this Thread
Old 19th April 2021, 12:03   #811
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: 3D KAGU & Other Premium Mats

Quote:
Originally Posted by itwasntme View Post
First time I'm seeing this on Amazon IN: https://www.amazon.in/MICHELIN-238BL...ef_=ast_sto_dp

Looks high quality, trimmable and dirt cheap!
So the era of the bygone is back. Rubber mats are back in business after 3D & 7D mats ruled the market for quite a while! Or should I say, 3D mats are back with rubber .

Looking at these mats reminds of this one that Leoshashi had posted in his ownership review here. In summary, these are well designed, well contoured rubber mats.

I would prefer something like these as floor mats than the flat mats from Michelin.

3D KAGU & Other Premium Mats-20210323_183337.jpg

Last edited by paragsachania : 19th April 2021 at 12:08.
paragsachania is offline   (14) Thanks
Old 23rd April 2021, 14:46   #812
Senior - BHPian

Thanks for this advise. Being trimable is biggest advantage, over previous versions. I got one set, and installed front only for now, as rear needs few adjustments. Its thick and nicely padded for foot feel. Cons: The width should have been two Cms. larger on passenger side, but I can overlook it. Paid 2700 (Non Prime delivery)
Quote:
First time I'm seeing these Michelin car mats on Amazon IN
Attached Thumbnails
3D KAGU & Other Premium Mats-img_8186.jpg  

3D KAGU & Other Premium Mats-img_8188.jpg  

3D KAGU & Other Premium Mats-img_8187.jpg  

Last edited by Sebring : 23rd April 2021 at 14:47.
Sebring is offline   (10) Thanks
Old 1st May 2021, 18:10   #813
BHPian

Hello everyone,

I am in the market looking out for a premium looking 7D mats for the new 5th Gen Honda City. I came across a web called Hotcar Shop (https://www.hotcarshop.in/).

I spoke with the dealer and got details about the products they have. Attached for your reference. Hotcar 7D Mats.pdf

I was thinking of Premium Plus model as it looks good and costs 3800/- as per the dealer. Before placing the order, I would like to understand about the quality, fit and finish of this brand from fellow BHPians.

Thanks in advance.
Old 1st May 2021, 19:32   #814
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
First time I'm seeing these Michelin car mats on Amazon IN:
Looks high quality, trimmable and dirt cheap!
Have similar ones by Michelin in my fiat linea tjet for many years now. Still good as new after 6 years or so i think. Had got them from a local car accessories store here.
deathwalkr is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd June 2021, 23:38   #815
BHPian

Hello folks ,
Looking for floor mats for my new Safari (Adventure) . Any suggestions for type of mats , costs and dealers in western mumbai suburbs, are welcome. Thanks in advance.
Old 23rd June 2021, 20:10   #816

Just received my KAGU 3D mats for the BMW X1 this morning . Must admit the quality and finish looks excellent . Not sure how well there will wear over time.
Had a waiting of almost two weeks due to the lockdown . The mats fit like a dream and have a rough and catchy finish on the underside that holds the mats in place .I was using the 3M noodle mats previously and it was a pain to clean and hold in place.
Some pictures of the KAGU 3D mats.
Attached Thumbnails
3D KAGU & Other Premium Mats-img_5340.jpg  

3D KAGU & Other Premium Mats-img_5341.jpg  

3D KAGU & Other Premium Mats-img_5342.jpg  

Pointerpins is offline   (16) Thanks
Old 23rd June 2021, 20:39   #817
Senior - BHPian

Are 3D Kagu mats available for the Tata Safari 2021 Automatic 7 seater?

I have googled, but wasn’t able to find any suitable online seller or shops from Chennai.
Would appreciate some pointers.

Last edited by Gannu_1 : 23rd June 2021 at 21:17. Reason: Grammar + removed unwanted dots at the end.
Old 24th June 2021, 13:13   #818
Senior - BHPian

I have been using 3M nomad mats for Octavia since 2016 and am pretty happy with the practicality and looks not bad too. Now that my driver side mat needs to be changed (rest are as good as new) I was pretty convinced to replace only one piece with 3M nomad.
But on my recent visit to Hottracks Bangalore for upgrading alloys, they tried to upsell the 3D mats and honestly I was very impressed with its quality and the way it looks.

Is it really worth to consider 3D mats (apprx 7 to 8k) full set over 1 piece of 3M nomad (around 1.5 to 2k)? From my friends experience 3D mats are not as practical due to more visible mud and stone particles. Its a look vs functionality dilema.
Old 24th June 2021, 14:23   #819
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sebring View Post
Thanks for this advise. Being trimable is biggest advantage, over previous versions. I got one set, and installed front only for now, as rear needs few adjustments. Its thick and nicely padded for foot feel. Cons: The width should have been two Cms. larger on passenger side, but I can overlook it. Paid 2700 (Non Prime delivery)
@Sebring - How is this mat? Front ones looks good in the pictures you posted. How about the rear? Size looks small, does it cover rear foot well properly? If possible, please post rear mat pictures.
Old 28th June 2021, 12:25   #820

Quote:
Akshay is generally reliable. . I'd still recommend him.
Hello @itwasntme, was going through the thread to buy some 3D mats for my new EcoSport. Since I see you recommending Akshay, can I quote you while talking to him.
Old 28th June 2021, 13:22   #821
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pointerpins View Post
Just received my KAGU 3D mats for the BMW X1 this morning . Must admit the quality and finish looks excellent . Not sure how well there will wear over time.
Looks great those 3D mats. From where did you source these original KAGU mats. I want them for my Hexa. Searched a lot but confused between 3D mats and 7D mats.
Old 28th June 2021, 22:18   #822
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by witwat View Post
Hello @itwasntme, was going through the thread to buy some 3D mats for my new EcoSport. Since I see you recommending Akshay, can I quote you while talking to him.
Of course, tell him 330i & Octavia guy. Maybe he will remember :-)
itwasntme is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th June 2021, 23:02   #823
BHPian

Can I get these custom mat made for Macan 2020 in Delhi NCR? could not find anywhere, my urgent need is trunk rubber Matt for trunk
Old 29th June 2021, 17:37   #824

Quote:
Of course, tell him 330i & Octavia guy. Maybe he will remember :-)
Yes, he did remember Got my set of 3d Kagu mats from him today! Looks great! Once again, thank you
witwat is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 1st July 2021, 19:58   #825
BHPian

Had ordered 3D Kagu MaxPider from www.3dmatsindia.com (Which was routed through a dealer called Hot Tracks in Bangalore) for BMW. Was assured same day dispatch but that never happened. After three days and couple of follow ups I was given a wrong tracking number. Then later got to know they never dispatched my order.

No matter how good the product maybe but if their dealers are like this then I don’t mind giving business to local manufacturers.

Got fed up with their lies and cancelled the order.

Last edited by adi58 : 1st July 2021 at 20:03.
adi58 is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed