Team-BHP - 3D KAGU & Other Premium Mats
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Modifications & Accessories (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/modifications-accessories/)
-   -   3D KAGU & Other Premium Mats (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/modifications-accessories/103662-3d-kagu-other-premium-mats-6.html)

Quote:

Originally Posted by charthom (Post 2480529)

Edit:@Mohit,The Star mats look fantastic-very aesthetic too. How strong are they?Slippery? I had been seeing the ads in Auto magazines-but had never seen one in flesh. Thanks for bringing them to limelight.Much appreciated.

No they are not at all slippery. Some of the pros:
1. The overall colour and appearance gels with every car with beige interiors. They look absolutely fab.
2. Fit and finish is perfect.
3. Notice the metal present at the place where you rest your foot while driving. It leads to a much better grip and also reinforces this place. This place in the mats gets torn the fastest due to constant friction with your feet.
4. They are not slippery at all.
5. Extremely easy to clean.

And finally the price. These are the top of the line ones. Sai mag wheel's Gautam gave me a good deal and got them for just rs 3200!!!

Quote:

Originally Posted by drmohitg (Post 2480599)
1. The overall colour and appearance gels with every car with beige interiors. They look absolutely fab.
3. Notice the metal present at the place where you rest your foot while driving. It leads to a much better grip and also reinforces this place. This place in the mats gets torn the fastest due to constant friction with your feet.

And finally the price. These are the top of the line ones. Sai mag wheel's Gautam gave me a good deal and got them for just rs 3200!!!

This is great news. The throne of 3D mats is shaking at last. The Star mats look very good in the pictures- and at just 3200/- for Innova,an excellent deal.

Quote:

I see some extra modifications near the gear throw lever what are those? One appears like a boot release.
The mats looks great and so are the alloys.

Quote:

Originally Posted by saravananj (Post 2480854)
I see some extra modifications near the gear throw lever what are those? One appears like a boot release.
The mats looks great and so are the alloys.

Are you referring to the gear lock? That's the box on the side of the gear box and a metal rod.

Quote:

Hi Mohit. They look great. Have you had a chance to compare these with 3D mats?

Guyz

Any idea where will I get the 3D mats in Pune? Is there a way to order these online? Are they tailor-made for certain cars or they are generic?

Quote:

Originally Posted by bloodred (Post 2481224)
Hi Mohit. They look great. Have you had a chance to compare these with 3D mats?

Thanks mate. BTW these are 3 D mats only. Just not Kagu which was beyond my budget. These are star car mats. 3D refers to the new shape of these mats where they are.designed in a way to cover all corners of your car properly.Hope that helps.

Quote:

Originally Posted by ajay_satpute (Post 2481261)
Guyz

Any idea where will I get the 3D mats in Pune? Is there a way to order these online? Are they tailor-made for certain cars or they are generic?

behind bharat petroleum pump, FC road. with Rahul.

when are u planning to buy. i am too going to buy for my linea. we can club and ask for discounts.

Quote:

Originally Posted by drmohitg (Post 2481309)
Thanks mate. BTW these are 3 D mats only. Just not Kagu which was beyond my budget. These are star car mats. 3D refers to the new shape of these mats where they are.designed in a way to cover all corners of your car properly.Hope that helps.

Thanks Mohit. What I wanted to ask was comparison b/w Star mats and Kagu mats.

I too have star mats for my i20 and they're kinda 3D and fit perfectly.

3D KAGU & Other Premium Mats-20110814-19.11.52.jpg

Sorry! I currently only have a shot from when I was working on it!

But you can still make out the texture, depth and fitment

Quote:

Originally Posted by bloodred (Post 2481638)
Thanks Mohit. What I wanted to ask was comparison b/w Star mats and Kagu mats.

Oh ok. Well I didn't check out the Kagu mats. The rates being quoted in the forum across threads were easily around 5k+ for Innova. So I didn't opt for it. These ones worked out to be more VFM for me. Cheers!

Quote:

Originally Posted by sohail99 (Post 2481743)
I too have star mats for my i20 and they're kinda 3D and fit perfectly.

Sorry! I currently only have a shot from when I was working on it!

But you can still make out the texture, depth and fitment

Sohail, what are you trying to do in your car?
That's scary!

Quote:

Originally Posted by abhipuru16 (Post 2481814)
Sohail, what are you trying to do in your car?
That's scary!

I was just changing my hazard relay to a LED one so that they are compatible with my LED lamps.

More on that here - http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-d...ml#post2468493

----

Anyone know the difference between 3D kagu and star mats? :confused:

3D kagu for i20 cost 5k whereas,

3D star mats for i20, which I got cost 2.8k

Just my 2 cents, the mats need to be looked at side by side in reality to know the exact difference. The texture and durability are crucial when opting for mats as they are the most used parts of a car in terms of wear and tear inside. 3D mats also have a universal which i saw for my ikon as the custom fit don't come for ikon. Those are about 3K so one can opt for those if on a budget and get the 3D quality! I will post pics if possible of those in my ikon sometime to give others an idea

Quote:

Originally Posted by amit_mechengg (Post 2481487)
behind bharat petroleum pump, FC road. with Rahul.

when are u planning to buy. i am too going to buy for my linea. we can club and ask for discounts.

Sorry for a late response. Thanks a lot for that info. I may check them out on this weekend. But you go ahead and get them, coz I am not too sure about this weekend. Also, I am doubtful whether 3D Kagu mats are made for Indica Vista?